Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Needless thread banning/disputing warnings

• 21-02-2023 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Three times in the past week or so I have been given warnings or threadbanned by the moderator @[Deleted User] for completely innocuous or harmless posts, in an effort to discourage me from posting.

Some background: I am a strident debater and I come here to discuss my views with others. I am unashamedly fortright with my opinions and I have been a regular poster on After Hours for a few years.

I never abuse anyone, nor do I make aspersions, about any of my fellow posters. I am left-leaning and I am pro LGBT, pro trans rights, anti capitalist and so on. I am also continuously accused of being a troll, or holding multiple accounts. Neither of which are true, I believe everything I say unless I am being frivolous in a light hearted thread. I have never trolled a serious thread, or any thread for that matter.

Here are the three recent posts that have been actioned:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120237461/#Comment_120237461

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120269652/#Comment_120269652

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120255658/#Comment_120255658

I don't think any reasonable person could read those posts and think that they are legitimately actionable.

That moderator closed the "woke" thread recently because he personally did not like it, and he has history for closing threads he feels are silly or ridiculous, as documented in the following thread:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058283699/whats-the-point#latest

Similarly, I think that this moderator has a similar (for lack of a better word) vendetta against my posts and is taking to try to give me the "death by a thousand cuts" treatment where he actions me bit by bit until I am discouraged from posting.

I think that this is inappropriate, and wrong, and I want it brought to the admins/owners attention that a moderator is targetting posters like this. Like I said, I'm not a troll, nor do I abuse anyone. I am not "a dick," even if people don't find my views palatable. I believe that there is an element of vindictiveness here from that poster.

@Beasty @Boards.ie: Mike , I await your thoughts.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you contesting the thread ban as the title suggests or the warnings applied, or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've amended the title to clarify that then, as thread bans aren't covered under DRP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi CGI

I can look at this for you. The first step is to engage with the relevant mod to attempt to resolve the issue. Please do so now if not already done

Hello,

I haven’t tried to engage with this moderator over this because, frankly, I think that with what I perceive to be bias towards my posts I don’t believe that he would be willing to engage on this topic fairly without the scrutiny of public view.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Well engaging with the moderator is the first step in the process so please do that if you wish to continue the DRP.

Thx

Thanks, let’s see what he says.

@[Deleted User] and I had a chat and we’ve sorted this dispute. He’s a fair guy, and I hope people give him a fair whack of the stick.

Good to hear

Thanks to both of you for the engagement

@Spear this can be closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement