Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

ETA updtes based on current speed of the vessel which would have dropped when going through Suez canal. Dates will come back in when speed increases again in the Med.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Thanks a million mun1! Just very confused as the Hoegh Chiba obviously has the Feb/March but no mention of the Apr/May deliveries. Guess I'll just sit tight and hope ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I sent more than 20k from AIB, no problems there. Any money I sent before from BOI were under 20k so didn't know there was a limit if you send the money directly from the branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ah ok, that makes sense. I didn't realize how sensitive the tracking was - quite impressive really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Correction, they stopped checking. Due in zeebrugge now 01.03 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

For those who have taken delivery of a Tesla in the past, is it possible to swap delivery dates between customers?

So for example, I have a date of 25 March but ideally I would have liked this to be earlier as have been ready to go for a few weeks already. If someone has gotten a date the week of 14 March with same spec and wasn't ready (for example needed an extra week or so to sell their car) could we swap slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I can't see that happening, trying to swap VIN numbers, names and addresses etc... not a chance.

Whatever about phoning them and trying to get an earlier pick-up if the car was there and you had paid or,finance approved etc, they've too much to do without swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

This is where @slave1 idea of a customer liaison person would come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

Just back from a test drive in Sandyford, they now have a UK Reg Model YP available for test drives - I was offered to switch from the test drive in the SR to the Model Y Performance when they heard that whats I had on order.

Cons -

USS - As has been discussed in detail the lack of USS is PIA. I don't think i've ever exited a parking space or parked a car so slowly in my life.

Seats - couldnt really find a comfortable seating position - i think it was lumbar support that was annoying me so may just take some tinkering to get the right position.

Neutral

Suspension - No issues with the suspensuion, just took it around Sandyford, up and down the M50 - its about the same as my car, a Volkswagen Touareg current model.

Pros

Nothing to add here, essentially the same as everyones mini reviews from their test drives - acceleration is something else, the Touareg is no slouch when you put the foot down but this is on a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Admiral

Took the Model Y for a test drive again today. Spoke to the Tesla rep regarding deliveries.

He said everyone who has a delivery date of April-May, will get their car before possible SEAI change in July, but delivery date realistically to be June, maybe late May.

Just passing on what I was told.

After the test drive I can confirm I'm still in love with the car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭coil1985

These orders are currently on a second ship right now? Not expecting you to know specifically btw, just what you may have heard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

if you have an ambiguous Feb-Mar does it mean Mar at the latest ?

It will be interesting in 7 days time does it still say Feb-Mar when Feb is gone!

He said Tesla run their builds at the start of each quarter. So build in April (Q2), on the boat in May, 1 month later arrive in Ireland.

No idea sorry. If its not changed at this stage, I'd say there's still a good chance you'll get your date.

Also, worth sharing as I just learned it, and the Tesla rep confirmed with me today. All MY RWD models (which I have on order) are shipping with the LFP battery, which means that you should be charging it to 100%, every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

For what it's worth to those with later delivery dates than they would like, I rang customer support today & got my delivery date moved forward from the afternoon of 22nd to afternoon of 18th. They said our car was due to arrive in Baldonnel on the 17th.

Had tried the same last week, only to be told then moving dates wasn't possible!

Can you make them walk the plank, if it slips! ?

Current ships recently left Shanghai form Tesla Motors Club:

DREAM ORCHID Departed Shanghai South to Pyeongtaek, S Korea. Now heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar (via refuel in Singapore) and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 16 Mar. Currently enroute to Singapore(refuel stop).

GRAND RUBY is now enroute to Singapore ETA 22 Feb. This could mean an ETA in Koper of 10 Mar or Barcelona on 11 Mar. If heading to Zeebrugge ~ 16 Mar

GRAND HERO is still alongside Shanghai South. Her destination remains undetermined for the moment but I think it is more likely to be a Mediterranean port rather than one in NW Europe..

Map here: https://tesla-updates.github.io/

Irish orders need a Zeebrugge ship, so Grand New Jersey is out. VINs for the last round of cars on Hoegh Chiba seem to have been allocated mostly just after refuelling stops in Singapore - so I would say that those with generic Feb-Mar range, unless you see a VIN allocation in the next week from one of these ships, it will be well into Q2 before you see a car

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

After the call I had yesterday with them - I am expecting the status to remain until end of March, where there will clearly be no cars you can get. I am really curious if we really get updates before end of Q2.

Cause if looking at this current batch whoever got the VINs are now getting the cars at the end of Q1, so if we make the next batch it will be end of Q2 but that's not a given. Which is absolutely balls.

Said it before will say it again this is all a first world problem but if I knew the car won't be available for 6 months, would not have ordered it at all and would have not posted the current car for sale and would save myself some hassle. So these timelines are misleading at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

Curious...

Looking on DD at Model 3/Y cars the prices for '21 '22 are way too high considering the recent price drop. Other than having the car now why would you pay way over the odds?

• Advertisement

you wouldn't, that's why they are still there.

Some will be sold to guys who cant wait. In 2 weeks watch prices plummet is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

First VINs for the HOEGH CHIBA went out on the 31st of January, 4 days out from Shanghai. She got to Singapore on the 5th. The 2 week delivery dates appeared on the 6th of January, 3 weeks before she left port.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Cheers, the price drop and talk of the grant being cut in July are what pushed me to order. I don't mind waiting until the summer once it's before the grant reduction/removal cutoff.

Having said that I was out hoovering and washing my current car to take photos for selling it or trading it in when I realised it'll be months away 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭coil1985

What date did you order, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Feb 2nd

Probably wishful thinking but I'd be cool if HW4 ends up in the Q2 shipment Y's

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Yeah same. I really want the car and hope I get a vin but the other side is if hw4 is released on march 1 on investor day which it’s expected to be…. The wait will be worth it i think. I don’t know if I want a car without radar, uss and what will probably be the older cameras.

it feels like buying the latest iPhone the day before the new model is released

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

I think the possibility of having HW4 on MY in Q2 would be pretty slim.

Elon Musk mentioned previously HW4 would launch with Cybertruck, whose (limited) production will likely to kick off in Q3 the earliest with volume delivery starts in 2024.

We will probably see the roll-out of HW4 on S3XY models in 2024?

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

HW4 will likely be rolled out on the S & X initially, with 3 & Y at a much later date. Probably a year or so away.

Consensus opinion would seem to be now all ships for Q1 delivery to Ireland/Europe have sailed - so if your car isn't en-route now you won't see it in Q1.

Unless there is a VIN shower in the next 48 hours for Irish orders from ships on the way to Singapore, it looks like the long waiting game 😐️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 teresa-villas

so no VIN by next week and thats it until Nov?

Except for cancellations etc

Advertisement