Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This whole thread is well worth reading.

I wish all those who were so busy on Boards before and after the election in 2020 were still willing to come on here to give their input on the massive integration between key media figures and Trump and his team and how despite what they themselves knew, how they went straight out and lied to the American public as they did.

And when you think that all of these characters spent so much of 2020 and 2021 complaining about the Main Stream Media, it's another case of Every accusation is an admission.

All of this and watching Elon Musk cozying up to Rupert Murdoch at the Superbowl last week and how he has been carrying on over the last few months or longer is all connected in my view.

F*cking idiots.

And no one is surprised that this is what they're bringing to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭francois

Looks like there's going to be a great turnout at the Ireland for all march today.

What's with the weird obsession the far right have with NGOs? Seems to be the go to insult from the first name lots of numbers twitter paytriot accounts. The same patriots entertaining Yaxley Lennon on his pathetic tour of Ireland, who has supported the paras action on bloody Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

It is strange. The word “NGO” has become a derogatory word with the Right. They rarely specify or even know what “NGO’s” that they have the issue with. So we are left there thinking that they have a problem with the GAA, Boy Scouts, or Irish Farmers Association.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The protestors couldn't spell NGO if you spot them the N and the O.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've long thought that there are some people who've just accepted the whole anti-woke/xenophobic culture war narrative without question or thought such that when you ask them questions, they get triggered. This isn't recent at all but it's quite common on forums and the internet in general. I asked someone on this site to define "woke" in their own words and got abused for instance. They seem determined to parrot someone else's ideology and they don't really know why they're doing it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

Considering the polling results from virgin media and the Sunday independent the week previous it's no real surprise that the NGOs are the ones protesting. Their jobs are on the line.

Adding in housing and healthcare as co issues was a clever tactic as numbers of Non NGO folks turning up would be tiny.

See the poll results

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Buzzwords for their American sugar daddies, they understand the irony of accusing people of being shills on a stream where they ask for donations, but they don't care and the people watching are too stupid to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

You are right. Many of them following the anti-woke/xenophobic culture war narrative have no idea what they are protesting about.

You have reminded me of an interview that RTE did with some of the anti-refugee protesters outside the Ballymun center. One is interviewed at 5m50s where she describes the refugees as "Albinos" and coming from "America in Georgia"

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/22195633/

You would think that you would do a bit of research on what you are protesting against first before heading out. But no, she is just a xenophobe that picked up a few key words and strung them together into nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The cardinal example is people ringing James O'Brien to lament the burden of EU regulation only to be speechless when he asks them to name one law.

It's truly odd. Like people voluntarily acting as bots.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

You are right. Many of them following the anti-woke/xenophobic culture war narrative have no idea what they are protesting about.

What, you mean the people who talk about Irish sovereignty and who this week were lauding a man who celebrated British soldiers who killed unarmed Irish protestors, who has a conviction for entering a country illegally, who has a conviction for assault and served jail time for nearly collapsing a crime in sexual exploitation, who has been warned for stalking etc etc etc haven't thought deeply about what it is they are annoyed about? That's a surprise. 😏

Great turnout, great atmosphere, just coming up to Customs House, l'd say at least 5k at it

Good. It's great to see a strong response to the infiltration of Irish politics by the British hard right and Putinists.

Reading the butthurt of the incel fash on twitter is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,906 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

deleted wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Wow! That's the best MILF clip, like EVER!!!!!

I need a cold shower.

Northern Ireland still has its 'No, No, No' element.

Other articles over the weekend suggest Loyalist paramilitaries are ready to cause trouble if they see any solution to the Northern Ireland protocol as undermining the union. A risk to the end of 25 years of peace after 2 people a week were killed every week for 30 years. Another Brexit benefit.

London right wing body.

Don't just read the tweet, read the letter.

This is London, 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Absolutely disgusting, and hopefully they can find who sent the threat, arrest and charge them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

Cowardly people. You'd wonder why they don't go after someone like David Haye who is out there in public recently with his goings on with multiple of "their" women :) You'd think that whole thing would trigger them but they go after a woman in true incel fashion.

A Brexit Benefit.

Don't think anyone needs to have it explained to them just how messed up it is nearly 1/4 of the way through the 21st century that the country that once claimed the sun never set on its Empire is limiting people buying the healthiest food group there is.

The ramifications of this shouldn't have to be explained either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Why not post the article, because you didn't want people reading this..

"The shortages - which are affecting Ireland too - are largely the result of extreme weather in Spain and north Africa, where floods, snow and hail have affected harvests.

During this time of year, a significant proportion of what the UK consumes usually comes from those regions."

Why are you deliberately being dishonest?

There's no similar shortage in the EU, that's why. If you want to ride your high horse, get the facts straight. Britain is much more import-dependent than most countries, hence the empty shelves here. I note that you omitted that little detail.

There is literally an article above your post stating that their are shortages in Europe 😂

Because shortages in Europe or elsewhere haven't led to rationing or rows and rows of empty shelves.

Do you see the difference between am inconvenience and a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

You blamed the shortage on Brexit. The shortage is based on extreme weather in Spain which is also effecting ireland. This was stated in the article you chose not to provide. You lied.

"The supply chain issue is due to growers and suppliers in Morocco facing challenges caused by cold temperatures, heavy rain, flooding and cancelled ferries. Meanwhile, production problems in Spain have also affected the supply of fresh produce.

Industry experts predict that these issues could result in gaps on shelves in the UK, with some producers reporting the need to cut back on greenhouse numbers due to a spike in energy prices. Despite this, British producers are starting to move into the growing season, which is expected to ease long-term pressures on retailers looking for alternatives to items produced in Spain and north Africa"

From next year UK will become more self sufficient. Less importing foreign produce, more UK jobs.

Commendable

Keep telling yourself that.

The stores in UK are rationing sales, that isn't happening elsewhere.

Brexit affected both internal supy lines and external, now when there's an issue, UK is affected more than other places geographically no further away.

I

• Advertisement

From next year UK will become more self sufficient. Less importing foreign produce, more UK jobs.

😆 🤣

Yeah, and 350M a week for the NHS as well yeah?

Advertisement