Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Another offside goal for PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Offside.

PSG have a goal coming. Only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mendes has turned into Roberto Carlos the last few minutes.

Pavard second yellow. Nervy ending coming for Bayern.

...or not. Bayern saw it out well. Can't see PSG turning this around unless there's an Mbappe masterclass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Probably the most satisfying thing the last few years has been City and PSG always coming up short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Neymar had a snooze. He was anonymous. Can't say I saw much of Messi either.

I'd fancy Spurs' chances of turning their tie around. I think Milan might rue those missed opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That's very Gigi.

It won't be enough for Milan to go through but it should do wonders for Milans confidence with a big top 4 fight at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I wonder do they both know they sold their souls for a fake club and that’s why when they come up against a real club they can’t raise their games.

That said Neymar isn’t fit to lace Messis boots though. A man child superstar, with an ego well beyond his talent. Unfortunately these sort of players are more and more common.

Even the likes of Modric and Casemerio are far superior players to Neymar, with none of the hysteria. I f**king hate these talented players who get way more praise then they deserve while players as good or better just do their thing quietly and without any need for plaudits and recognition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Milan should have won by more, couple of good chances from headers. Spurs will be happy with only a 1-0 loss and will fancy their chances of going through as Milan aer actually quite poor.

Delighted Bayern beat PSG. Without Mbappe, they really are a nothing team this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Neymar, much like Messi, needs the rest of the team working for him.

It won't work at PSG for the same reason it didn't last year, you can't have Messi Neymar and Mbappe in the same team against the better sides.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

If Neymar wasnt Brazilian he would have been forgotten about years ago.

But there seems to be some sort of rule that we have to include a Brazilian in all best player arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Poor game between PSG and Bayern, neither of them will be in the reckoning come June.

Same old Bayern failing, nobody to put the ball in the net.

For all the big names PSG have they play awful football.

I thought Pavard got the ball for that red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looking forward to seeing PSG fade as a club once Mbappe decides to up and leave. By that time Neymar and Messi will be done too. Although watching last night, they are both done now. Why does Messi never get subbed? No matter how bad he plays.

Neymar is one despicable character. Even his own team mates have given up on him now. He rarely does anything to win games any more. Last time I remember him dragging his team to victory was for barca in that 6-1 game v PSG, and how many years ago was that now? He was just so well marketed and aimed at the younger generation who buy into it all. The older fans know he was never in the same league of player as Ronaldo, Rivaldo or Ronaldinho. He was incredibly lucky to always have his name mentioned in 3rd place behind Messi & Ronnie. Couldn't lace their boots.

Hope they get dumped out in Munich.

As for Bayern, a great team to watch, but how they miss Leba, or a player like him. Quite blunt up front. Can see why they are chasing Kane.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

PSG were awful, but Mbappe changed everything. If he's fit for the 2nd leg I could see them turning it around. Bayern were far better but were desperately lacking quality in the box.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Problem with PSG is that Messi and Neymer (and Mbappe to an extent) all don't work hard enough off the ball. They might get away with that in Ligue 1 but Bayern made keeping possession in the first half look easy last night. You can't carry 2 or 3 players defensively against top tier teams.

Shocking decision. Actually looking at the replay, yellow for James is fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What a goal.

• Advertisement

Fantastic goal on the counter by Adeyemi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Dortmund ahead against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Round of 16 1st Legs

All Game 20:00 Kick-offs

Tuesday 21st February

Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) V SSC Napoli (ITA) - Live on BT Sport 2

Liverpool FC (ENG) V Real Madrid CF (ESP) - Live on BT Sport 1 / RTE 2

Wednesday 22nd February

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) V FC Porto (POR) - Live on BT Sport 2

RB Leipzig (GER) V Manchester City FC (ENG) - Live on BT Sport 1 / Virgin Media Two

That was fairly class last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Liverpool to be out of sight within the first 20mins tonight. Name is on the cup and all of that. Is it to be the death of this team or one last swansong? As much as I dislike Klopp he is great entertainment and he seems like a good guy. I can feel it in me waters that they’ll win the CL!!

Just checked the teams left in the competition, is it just me or are most of the teams left overwhelmingly average?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Napoli to win it all for me , ,

But you are correct seems to be a season where must of Europes "big Clubs" are well below there best ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They said that back in May last year too.

Also agree about the competition. No one outside of Napoli are in form. All the big boys are playing bang average this season.

Would love to see Napoli win it

I'll go 2-2 at Anfield and 1-1 in Frankfurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Why are the liverpool crowd booing the champions league anthem? How have they been wronged this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Can't see anything but a liverpool win...Spanish football is in a poor place. Watched Barcelona vs united last week and if they are so far clear it shows how poor tge league over there is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

No idea....blamed them for what happened in Paris...which would be nuts...but who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lovely finish there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That was a beauty from Nunez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Told ye….over by half time.

What a lovely goal by Liverpool. I remember Robbie Keane attempting the same finish and failing miserably in his short stint at Liverpool, which was closer and easier than the goal Nunez got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The boy plays with Some Confidence- gotta love that goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

• Advertisement

Nice move by Liverpool, but Salah with a really poor attempt. He's been so poor this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I would of thought pathetic rather than poor form. You're being a bit kind I'd imagine.

Oh my goodness. Courtois did a Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

What an error that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Why couldn't he have done that last season in the final??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I am none the wiser as to why the anthem was being booed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wow what an absolute gift from Courtois

Great pressure. 2-0 very poor by Courtois.

Karma. Real robbed Liverpool in the CL final last season, mainly thanks to Courtois.

• Advertisement
Advertisement