Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S23 series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I agree on battery life - funniest thing is, I haven't used normal charger yet with that phone. I got it on Monday with approx 70% battery. My car has a wireless charger, so when I drive somewhere, I put the phone there and it charges when I drive. And even though my previous phone also had wireless charging, I still had to charge it every night (and sometimes even twice a day). Today I got message saying that I used my phone for over 3 hours more last week than previous, and still never ran under 15% with battery - and all that with wireless charging when I drive only. If it continues this way, I might never need to plug it to the charger with a cable :D

One more thing - my previous phone (Galaxy Note 10+) was getting really hot when charging wireless, while S23 Ultra gets only slightly warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 donncha

The Smart View Wallet Case arrived this morning. It's fairly rubbish. The exterior is very smooth and doesn't have a great grip, and the front lid flaps up and down as there's no magnet to keep it down.

No sign of the trade-in pack yet.

The CaseBorne ArmadilloTek case I bought on Amazon arrived on Saturday, and it's very chunky, but the phone feels very safe in it.

The phone is great, but two things bother me:

The pop up notification when a Google Clock timer ends doesn't show when the phone is awake, but do when the screen is locked. I drag down the notification panel to stop the alarm. The app is unrestricted, so it's not gone to sleep, and it even happens on a 5-second timer. Notifications allowed too.

Android Auto (wired and wireless) refuses to connect to my Skoda Kamiq, but that appears to be a widespread problem, unfortunately. Not for everyone, but there's a Google community post about it with 153 "me too" upvotes. I can still play audio through Bluetooth but no Android Auto interface. Cleared cache, then data, reinstalled Android Auto, tried the new cable that came with the phone. Resetting the phone might help as it's an upgrade from an S21U, but I'm not setting up everything from scratch just to test that.

Edit: fixed the notification problem by setting the notification pop-up style from brief to detailed again.

Post edited by donncha on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,509 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Just got an email to say that I can expect the trade-in pack to arrive in the next 7-10 days. Also said that they are experiencing high volumes of trade ins which is the cause of the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I wonder if they are waiting for the 14 day cooling period to end. I'd say it gets messy if you decide to return the phone and they have to return the old phone to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Update pushed there last night/this morning - AWBD

Stability etc...560MB +

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Case finally with anpost so should get it tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Would the link you have provided do the trick?

I have this 100W cable but it not giving Super Fast Charging 2.0:

USB C to USB C Cable 2M,NIMASO USB Type C 100W 20V/5A PD Fast Charging Data Cable Lead with E-Mark Chip for MacBook,iPad mini6/Pro 2021,MacBook Air,ChromeBook Pixel,Samsung Galaxy S21/S22 Ultra/Note10 https://amzn.eu/d/a29sQsd

Post edited by masterboy123 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭walshtipp

Upgraded to an S23 Ultra from an S10+. Well worth it in my opinion. The screen is brilliant and I don't think I could go back to a 60hz display now. Have an otterbox defender case on. The port covers are very handy for me as I use the phone on building sites.

I haven't used the camera much yet but have had some impressive results so far.

First time using 5G and very impressed with the speeds. I'm getting 5G in places I didn't get 4G before.

Bear in mind the below speed test was done with a clear view of the transmitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

There's reports on other forums that this update is causing a very noticeable battery drain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

spigen.pl, case dispatched on 14/2, its arrived to an post Dublin today 21/2, should be door delivered to me tomorrow

8 calendar days all in if it delivers to me tomorrow

• Advertisement

Got an update this morning for S23U.

Noted a decline in battery performance 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Updated yesterday afternoon, noticed no difference myself. Battery seems to be fantastic. 40-60% used/day for me. I do have a lot of stock sh!te disabled and uninstalled where possible as well as a good few apps set to sleep to keep the background activity to the neccessities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Too early to be noticing that battery has to optimise to your usage pattern again. Needs a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Trade in pack just popped through my letter box......

Just received my return pack also.

I received trade in pack on the same day as the phone S23U.

No sign of confirmation that trade in is completed.

Got my Spigen tough armour green case yesterday. Beautiful case feels and looks so much nicer then the plastic yoke I was using before hand!!

See if I get that trade in pack today or at some stage this week haven't heard anything about it since before I got the phone.

In relation to battery haven't noticed any issues yet actually very happy with it compared to how my S21 Ultra was performing recently. Had Spotifiy and Strava running this morning on my trip into work only dropped to 97 percent.

Trade in completed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭kilsmum

Masterboy123 just got my email to say my trade in was completed!! Had a disaster last year so relieved it went smoothly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Return pack arrived about 20 mins ago. Did ye include chargers/cables or just the phone itself?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Do you need original box, don't think i have it

No original box requirement listed in the papers they sent me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Are you using a screen protector with it? I got some tempered glass ones from amazon, but the edges keep popping up on the glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Where's the best place to sell a basic s23, 256 memory? Cheers.

Edit: unopened.

Just using one the plastic ones from Amazon I posted a link to it bit earlier in the thread. No issues at all with it using it with two different cases apart from it being a fingerprint magnet haha.

I sent my trade in phone back today. I handed it in the post office but didn't get a receipt as it would not scan. Anyone else have this problem?

I had this problem last year.

I didn't just want to send an expensive phone away without any tracking. So last year and this year again I used Registered ®️ post and paid €9 from my pocket.

• Advertisement

I'm not looking for another phone and it didn't come from a Samsung store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭jones

Trade in pack arrived this morning for me too

What's the going price for one do you know? It's new but second hand as such. Cheers.

CeX will buy for €486 cash or €550 with a voucher.

Got the trade in pack yesterday have it in the box and ready to go so ill post it tomorrow and that will be that! Now just have to try and flog my case and s pen from the s21 ultra on adverts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Got the trade-in pack today finally. Since I'm sending damaged phone, I guess there's no need to worry about no tracking from An Post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hi folks, can anyone tell me how i put the phone on silent and have it vibrate only for phone calls, i dont need a vibration for every whatsapp email etc but be handy not to miss a call.

Got a trade-completed email about 5 minutes ago.

Which is pretty snappy because they'd have only got it this morning.

I might have been ahead of a swell of incoming packaes though. Didn't use the freepost option becasue i just plain didnt' trust it.

Surely if there supplying you free post packaging to return the item to them and they don't mention having to pay for anything extra then its on them if something goes wrong?

• Advertisement

They do say if you like use Registered Post at your expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kissy_Lips

Got my trade in pack yesterday. Forgot to unlock my trade in phone from the three network. Just did it today. Hopefully they come back with the code quickly. Says up to 2 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Does revolut 2% Cashback applies if I am paying through the app straight away or will I get it after I have completed the purchase?

Not seeing it apply at checkout screen.

Woke up with 2% cashback from Revolut. Happy days.

Received military grade 🪖 case.

Excellent fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thinking about getting this as well, does it add much bulk to the phone?

Sent my old phone off to Samsung for the trade in today so that should be that! My everyday use of the phone and experiences so far I'm very happy with would like to test the camera out more though maybe tomorrow in Croke park when its dark! My one main issue is I still cant find an app for this phone that will disable or remove some of the stock apps like Gallery for example. Most you can manually disable yourself some your just stuck with and I don't want to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

got trade in pack also and An-Post are unable to scan it, have never seen a label like it before. Rang the number on one of the documents also and spoke to Exertis who re-iterated just put it in the An-Post letter box... to which I'm not too keen to send it back without tracking or visibility praying it gets back there and does not disappear into thin air. Don't think its too fair as this is the shambolic return service they offer, the service should be paid for by them with working tracking functionality, they offer a lower market trade in value for the phones.

Awaiting a callback from Samsung about it (Exertis said they sent a message to them to call me)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Jayno66

Still haven't received my trade-in pack. Anyone else in the same boat?

No, it doesn't add much bulk. I used it on my S22 ultra and very much used to it now. Phone dropped several times from standing height and no scratch. Happy to recommend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement