Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW/DGW25 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've got a tentative 10 players atm, including Bueno!

Likely gonna do a -4 of: Burn -> Tarkowski + KdB -> Salah

Will wait and see how the week goes first though, but those are the pretty obvious moves to make

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Yeah, I'm very happy with the move. KDB and City not exactly firing on all cylinders. Plus his minutes are kinda at risk now. Salah has BOU in GW27 and if he doesn't blank in GW28 he has Fulham, so he's a nice short term own before a WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Just made my transfers as I have a busy week coming up.

KDB - Salah

Aurier - Tarkowski for a -4

Sa (x2)

Bueno (x2) - Kilman (x2)- Tarkowski (x2)- Ream

Saka (x2) - Salah (x2) - Martinelli (x2)

Darwin (x2), Nketiah (x2), EBH

Bench of non players.

By trippling up on Wolves defence, I'm absolutely asking for trouble. They've had 6 clean sheets out of 24, so I'm not particularly hopeful! There was no one else that I liked the look of. I'm keeping an eye on Gakpo, and may offload Martinelli for him. Hopefully last weekends goal has unblocked something for Martinelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I agree with your point "risky not having Mahrez away to Bournemouth & Palace" but then again at the same time, it's risky having him cause he might A) not even get minutes so need a strong first bench player, White was mine this week with 1 point or B) get 20 mins, potentially 1 point and block a decent bench player.

Mahrez was a nice punt for me that paid off in the double but I think I need guaranteed minutes and Salah offers that.

It'll be a bit of surgery but can do Mahrez, Kane, Almiron to Gnonto, Salah, Saka for a hit. Think it'll pay off although don't like getting rid of Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 9 this week but that includes Patterson. Definitely getting rid of Almiron and Shaw and keeping Rashford and Trippier. Will likely keep Mitoma also as not much value to be had at that price range.

Plan is Shaw to Gomez and Almiron to someone like JWP, don't like anyone from Everton/Wolves midfield. Will think about KDB to Salah for -4 then also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thanks for the warning but prefer to make transfers early myself as I have found when I delay making a move to further away from seeing some of the last weeks games I'm more likely to make the wrong choices on what transfers to make and will just take a hit if there is an injury. Not taken any hits so far this season and by going early I have built up a fairly good team value. Gakpo is predicted to go up already and with the rate Alexander-Arnold's ownership is going up I would not be surprised to see his price go up later in the week. Just can't be bothered checking it all the way through the week to avoid transfers costing more than they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've decided to do it as it suits my team and free hitting in a blank week with no doubles is overrated anyway. I dont want to sell the likes of Kane, Bruno, Rashford, my Newcastle defenders or Brighton players. Want to use my fts to focus on GW26/27/28. I also don't feel like I have the optimal three Arsenal. Getting the right 3 Liverpool players for the week could be huge if they go big but I'm also not convinced I want them long term. BGW28 will be manageable - Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea definitely have a fixture and more fixtures will be added. I don't see the appeal then really.

Post edited by extra gravy on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Doing Akanji/Bruno to Tarkowski/Salah

Had the saved transfers, bringing in two DGW'ers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm at real risk of being eliminated from the Monthly LMS league this week, but I don't know whether to stick (make my single free transfer and field a barebones XI) or twist (take a few hits to bring in extra DW players).

Just a quick straw poll then - how many DWers will you be able to field this week, both before and after intended transfers? I have four as it stands, and would definitely bring in one more at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 9 starters, 3 with DGW.

Plan to bring in 3 x DGW players for a -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have 6 potential double game week players after bringing in two with my free transfers. No subs as all of my bench have a blank game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'll add TAA to this for a -4 I think which will get rid of Cucurella who is a doubt as a starter anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Darwin and Gakpo start tonight.

Hopefully that means his shoulder was nothing to worry about as opposed to them fielding their strongest 11 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

it would be a brave call bringing in a Liverpool defender . Fragile as f...

Post edited by Xander10 on

Oh boy, Pool defence not looking great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Yep I think I’m steering clear of Pool defenders , currently considering:

Bruno to Gakpo & Stones to Tarkowski

Yeah, definitely happier with my tripled up wolves defence over Liverpool right now!

Hopefully those goals were what Nunez and Salah needed to kick on.

• Advertisement

Liverpool fans speculating that Nunez who was playing well and subbed, maybe because still feeling effect of shoulder injury. something else to worry about

Post edited by Xander10 on

If he gets 60 in both (and a couple of goals ;)), I'll be happy

I already got TAA in so regretting that, been atrocious.

I was thinking Salah too but I've tracked him for the past 15 minutes in this game and he seems to have only had the ball twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lads Wolves and Palace are not Real Madrid 😆 I wouldn't be worrying about bringing in Pool players

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Where are you hearing that? I’m watching game and there isn’t a mention of it. It was a double sub to bring on fresh legs by the looks of it, nothing else. FWIW, Firmino and Jota did nothing to warrant a start when they came on.

Considering Liverpool were pretty much at fault for 4 of the goals, If they had a dgw against Bray Wanderers, I'd still think twice about getting Liverpool defenders in this week 😆 

Speculation on a Liverpool thread as the only possible reason he would have been subbed when playing well and Liverpool needing goals.

Just a possible one to keep an eye on. No need to panic yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

People are going to be avoiding Liverpool players now. Time to stock up 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

After the DGW, Liverpool have one good fixture (bou) out of the next five, including a likely blank fixture in 28. On that basis, I've talked myself out of doubling up on them, let alone tripling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Mahrez scored tonight, is first choice for Pep in attack, on pens and is in form. ✅

No subs in the midweek European game ahead of an easier domestic game hinting that there might be mass rotation at the weekend. ❌

Advertisement