Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He has a great life, he was on holiday last week on a tropical island with no internet. At least that must be the reason there wasn't sight or sound of him when the team were winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bajcetic has struggled, but I think Fabinho's been worse. At least the kid harried and ran and worked. Fab has just been a non-entity out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Most shambolic hour of football under Klopp. Mistake after mistake after mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭antimatterx

He is not the most obvious change. He is muck and offers nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Wrong fcuking pass Mo

Oof, wrong choice from Mo there, Fun Bobby was in if he played him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Salah is poison ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

When 10 man Newcastle can rip us apart,this result is no big surprise,but my God we've been horrific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yep....we rekindled heavy metal football for 20 mins but never had any level of control on the match.

We've been chasing shadows since.

Says it all when they bring on Kroos and we bring on Harvey Elliot 🫤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

He's actually just a WUM, I really shouldn't react but you only ever hear a peap from him when we are losing!

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is men against boys at this stage. It's actually a bit depressing.

Hope these lads aren't getting paid this week.

Getting 'Ole'd' in Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yes. Bajetic has continually showed for the ball. Fabinho is 100% done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Or when a teenager does anything slightly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

I think Matip looks great wearing his gloves anyway

• Advertisement

Can't even get a pity peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭Xander10

Salah diving for a penalty in desperation, it's been a howler

Elliot gets a yellow for the reaction. Nothing foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Is there anything at all at all to be said for another mass lads?

Well thank God that over.

Seriously. Carlo was embarrassed with Klopp there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Should I watch the 2nd leg before flying out on holiday or not is the question now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Humiliation

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Madrid showing us how you defend a lead. Something we just cannot do. That's my big worry, never mind new signings. If the personnel at your disposal are not suitable, then be more **** pragmatic. You need more than one string to your bow. 

lol even when he's fouled he hardly gets free's or pens ffs...

BT already setting up the comeback.

Cmon lads !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

If the clear penalty on Nunez was given we probably would still be in the tie , very frustrating game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Proud of the lads for protesting UEFA’s failures in Paris tonight by refusing to show up and do their job.

In all seriousness though, that was utterly septic. Pity we don’t have nine more Darwins in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Madrid scored in the 67th minute.

From that point on Klopp seemed to settle for a three goal deficit.

Tonight was an absolute waste of a gift

The first time I've felt embarrassed for ages. The lack of character, effort, courage.

If that happened to Utd or City, we'd never stop.....

Batten down the hatches people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Let's not lie Bajectic was the worst of the 3 tonight, He was shocking

Our midfield is a joke we need to stop pretending any of them are better than they are just because of age

Bajectic, Elliott, Jones, wouldn't get a look in at City or even Arsenal we need to stop pretending to ourselves,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭McFly85

The decline of Fabinho is bizarre. From an integral part of a winning team to someone who looks like they’ve never played football before over the course of a summer.

Its a rough night for sure, made worse by the great start, but Modric against our makeshift and completely ropey midfield was always a big ask.

I don’t think it’s all as bad as it feels right now - we only have the league left and if we can keep the injuries down then we can still get CL next season, none of the other teams around it are stringing wins together so it’s still all to play for.

Regardless, this summer is massive for the team. 4 players is is likely what’s required and we will probably have to pay more than we’d like considering how well advertised our midfield issues are. Whether we can get that or not is a different story.

Madrid put in the workrate were more streetwise and had more desire than us that's why they have won this competition so many times....

They scored with nearly every chance they had.... poor defending has done us yet again... some may laugh but tbh i think the score line flatters them a little bit in fairness...

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bajcetic was bad, but he has age on his side. A young lad is never going to be perfect and he made some high profile and very costly mistakes. I wouldn't be massively concerned about Bajcetic on the back of that, it was a big ask.

The far bigger concern is Fabinho, he's supposed to be the experienced head in there and he was an empty shirt. I don't see what he brings to the team any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

Will you please change the record FFS! Your posts are almost as predictable as the Liverpool tactics at this stage 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Rafa would have gotten a result 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Take the blinkers off. Fab was a gazillion times worse.

On another note, why do you keep repeating the same point 67 times? It's really not necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Did not see that coming after the first 20 mins.... Jesus Christ.

Need a big reset in the next 24 hours. Just forget about it. Go and get top 4. Win the next 2 games in the next 8 days and there's a strong chance of it. Make sure you are in the CL next season. It's a very simplistic way of putting it but these lads have to choose between feeling sorry for themselves and going out with a whimper ot fighting to be back where they should be - in the CL every season and competing for trophies.

Joe was the worstest.

Never start again please Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The only hope is that this all causes the owners to sell to someone who'll invest adequately, or FSG take the finger out themselves.

That midfield is abysmal. It's dead. That Fabinho miscontrol for the 5th was a summing up of his entire fall off the cliff. Insanely bad. Genuinely wouldn't get a game for another top 14 Prem club right now.

I don't get your weird fixation with the kids at all... they're grand as fringe players, which is all they should be (well, Elliott and Bajcetic anyway, Jones needs to go away on loan to actually play football for the first time in his life, before a likely sale). They're not the problem. The problem is all the underperforming/past-it senior players.

Couldnt give a flying fook about utd "fans"... most of the utd "fans" I know have only started watching football again very lately...

I agree about Fab but the future is never promised with players & there development & if your starting for a club like our you should be rated like everyone else ,

We don't have one midfielder in the squad fit for purpose because of all different issues to Old,Young, Can't Run , Injury prome , it's a shambles

• Advertisement

not in my book.... Fab was worse.... at least the 18 year old showed for the ball and tried to do something.... greens shoots for the future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

We miss Konate so badly Gomez just isn't up to the standard. A bottom 5 team in the league have better defenders then him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He's looking for a reaction with each post that is why he is saying it over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

As this season has wore on I just keep adding one every few weeks to the number of players we desperately need to replace. Absolutely no quick fix to this mess. Hard to be optimistic for the next few seasons with the money City, Chelsea, Newcastle and United will have to spend. I guess it is back to praying for a Champion's League spot again. Should never have gotten to this but here we are.

If your starting and playing poorly your a problem regardless of your age ,

We can't afford any passengers, if your young and not good enough u shouldn't be playing

• Advertisement
Advertisement