Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

How dare you be considered in your analysis.

Totally agree, we came up against a supreme side who have quality all over the pitch, every position. We simply don't and on top of that are just getting or injured players back.

Were we poor at times, absolutely. Did we make mistakes, absolutely. Are our set pieces largely terrible, yes. But some of the reaction here is the usual ott stuff. We were never getting through this tie over 2 legs, given our form and situation.

People saying we lacked effort, we didn't, we just weren't good enough to get near an imperious side at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭McFly85

He’s 18 and he’s in there because we have nobody else due to injuries and transfer mismanagement.

He was against one of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game today and the other 2 in midfield gave him no help really. Can’t put the loss on him at all.

Fabinho and Henderson should be the ones exerting their experience in the game but Henderson hasn’t got the legs anymore and Fabinho just isn’t a footballer by the looks of it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea.

The impact of this result on our league form is my biggest concern. CL is gone now. But if this completely destroys our confidence then we're in big, big trouble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great first 30 minutes then the same old Liverpool, Madrid are on another level probably the beast team ITW right now but still to be 2 up at home to lose 2-5 is a total embarrassment.

Theres quite a few we can point the finger at but Gomez is finished a long time now, he has pace but nothing else.

Hendo and Fab just disappeared after 30 mins , midfield is our problem all season.

Bacjetic is going to be an outstanding player but its sad reflection of the state of our midfield that hes getting so much game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭Xander10

Liam Brady talking a lot of sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We gave away sloppy goals, you can't do that , it's not a lot to ask of a professional player not to hand the opposition free goals at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

A bit of perspective lads.

We all asked them to go to the well, every game, every week, for 7 years, and they never failed us, every game they out-worked the opposition, but time takes it toll, just too many miles on the clock for too many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Beaten by the far better side. They were so composed playing little one twos. Our lads did their best but couldn't live with them. Bajcetic seemed to get punished everytime he gave the ball away. He stuck at it well and is a great prospect. We know what we knew before the game. We need a rebuild in the middle of the pitch and Gomez is a bit off from the top level needed. I'm glad Real seemed to settle for what they had as it could have been a lot worse. I think the 3 goal win in no way flattered them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

But I don't understand why you keep banging on about them as if they're the problem. The problem is that circumstances have forced them into playing in the first place. The problem is the 7 senior midfielders who should be ahead of them, but have been rubbish or broken or both.

So you continuously seem to be ignoring the actual issue, in favour of lashing out at some kids. How strongly you've been hounding Bajcetic on the fella's first bad game (when he wasn't even the worst midfielder today - that honour was 100% Fabinho, and the fact that you don't recognise that is perhaps evidence of how hyper focused you are on the kids) is frankly weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Carvajal etc all playing tonight. They’ve been on the go as long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Fabinho should not be playing for the team right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

I mean 8 months ago we played Madrid off the park in Paris in the final and were so close to being quadruple winners, how in the hell has it gone so bad so quick, I cannot understand it, it must be burnout or complacency I just don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭Xander10

I don't think he should ever play again for the team. He will do a someone a serious injury with his slowness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why did klopp start Gomez over matip? Matip and Virgil have always complimented each other and been a strong pairing.

More annoyed at the manner of conceding those goals than the result.

Watching the Benzema deflected goal again, does anyone else think Gomez chickened out of it a bit? It was a bit of a half-baked attempted block, all about protecting himself and just throwing out a lazy leg.

Am I being harsh?

You just know in the second leg Madrid will sit in, protect their lead, and be professional. We had a two goal lead, and did nothing to protect it at the time, but no one called for it either, to protect it, we wanted more and more. It's kinda silly in hindsight , in a two leg tie, these games should be so so tight, not open like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

I presume in theory that Gomez pace was going to help Trent with Vini Jr. Also Matip has been fairly crap this year too. His passing has been absolutely shocking at times. I didn't see the lack of work rate that some of you guys did. I thought our lads ran as much as they could but they gassed out and were then chasing shadows. Even Fabinho in the first half was making runs forward which he hasn't done all season. I think himself and Henderson are finished though. Sometimes you just come up against an opponent that has your number and for us that seems to be Real.

Agreed. I was being generous to Fabinho because of what he's done for us, but if he never plays for us again I'd be happy. Appalling tonight.

He threw Bajetic to the dogs tonight.

They've never had to play with the intensity that Hendo, Fab, Bobby etc, has.

Hard work, intensity, high press and the best engine room won us titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Matip has had his own shocking moment this season as well.... very poor attacking corners for us too : (

I half wonder if we should be trying him as an option at CB right now, with that area being a bit of an issue right now too. He offers nothing at all to midfield, but maybe his mobility problems wouldn't stand out so much at CB. Looked quite natural there during our last calamitous season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

really wish we had tried to take the string out of the game when 2-0 up and try a bit of the dark arts. Wish we had slowed it down and went over easy to get free's. Just surprised why we can never just do some shíthousery... No one taking control

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Bacjetic got schooled tonight, but he can learn from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We need to forget about Bellingham

We need to many players to spend so much on one ,

3 midfielders , a CB & RB

You'd be spending half our budget on Jude alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Klopp

Really down. Unsurprisingly. Shares the blame, but there's more than a few not working for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I don't think he can even been played back there. His reaction time is so slow and cumbersome that he is guaranteed to give away a peno, he also seems to have lost all ability to make a simple 10 yard pass so that would be another issue. Ohh and he absolutely no pace these days...the only time I can remember such a sudden drop off like this in a world class player was when Torres went to Chelsea.

He sounds furious tbh, but is trying to hide his anger with the awkward laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Supplemented with new blood in Militao, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, Vini Jr & Rodrygo who are all full of energy and hunger.

Yeah, I'm probably clutching at straws trying to find some way of making use of him. But it has been a genuinely shocking drop off. Such a shame, as was such a magnificent player, and seems like a lovely fella. But christ on the field it's all fallen apart for him.

• Advertisement

Nunez getting pushed in the back while airborne, at 2-3 was key, that foul was worse than Pope's handball out side the box, it was a clear as day foul to prevent a goal scoring opportunity, should have been a penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

When are we going to start questioning tactics lads? 

4-3-3 every single **** time. Overrun in midfield. Shipping multiple chances every game. 

Tonight TAA was playing some kind of free role, our right back, whilst a guy who has run us ragged before (Vini Jr) had acres of space to wreak havoc (again). 

Look how Madrid defended their lead. Completely shut us down. We have never showed any ability to do this. 

High line, attackings full backs, hard running midfield which has evolved somewhat with addition of Thiago, and a front 3 who press from the front. This has been our identity for the last 6-7 years. And when it's not working then we don't have any answers. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea to add a new face to JK's coaching staff for next season as it looks like things have become stale, we can blame individual performances every week, but this inability to be compact and defensively sound has to be a worry. Even when we look threatening going forward. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

It's so weird, the first few months I was 100% sure it was a tiredness/confidence issue with him and he would be over it once he got a few good games back to back....but he actually seems completely finished, it's kinda sad looking at him struggle so much these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Exactly the recruitment has been wrong/focused on the wrong positions!

Looking at Henderson and Fabinho tonight was depressing. Not a chance Bellingham would be considering liverpool this summer. They need to find a couple of other centre midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Napoli are without a doubt the team in the best form/best team in the world this season. They've been absolutely brilliant from the first game and I'd love to see them go on and win the league and CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Think there's more to it than simply replacing Hendo and Fabinho.

You need to be able to adapt tactically, we are extremely naive.

Has a Klopp got another way to win? The ability to shut a game down when needs be? I respect his attacking outlook, but when you don't have the personnel you need to adapt.

Let's be honest lads, Fab's legs have been gone for 14-15 months now.

If memory serves me he got a lengthy injury at the start of last season ish, when he came back he looked leggy, touch was bad etc and for the first few games i put it down to being rusty, but he never got it back.

The rest of the team masked how far he had dropped off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Klopp said we will learn,

A bit funny considering we have been playing like this since August and he hasn't changed our tactics at all,

We don't currently have the personal to play how we did but it's just rinse and repeat ,

Midfield and right side of defence is a shambles every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

With the speed of the front three, we could have sat back a bit and hit them on the break...

Very frustrating to play into everyone's hands.

Very few teams have the right players for the right positions or the right system, that's why a tactical approach is needed.

You really are an embarrassment. You made a comment a month ago in the first 10 minutes of a game that Bajcetic wasn't at the standard to play for Liverpool. Since then he's been our best midfielder, even getting a player of the month award. One bad game (ALONG WITH MOST OF THE TEAM) and you jump on him, as if to try and give the impression that you were right all along. It's embarrassing. Fabinho was **** tonight, Henderson not much better yet you're so f*cking desperate to shout from the rooftops that Bajcetic was the worst of them. He wasn't. You really are like a bad smell. You've got a chip on your shoulder about something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey lads could you do all of us a favour and stop quoting that wum/rage merchant.

Plenty of us have him blocked for a good reason and when ye quote him we have to see his posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The only positive from tonight is another Darwin goal. I'd love to see him full of confidence, he really has all the tools to be special. It's just a shame he seems to always leave one in his toolbox

Thankfully, due to the away goals rule being abolished, we only need 3 goals in the return, not 4, to level the tie.

We can get 3.

Unfortunately, RM will also get around 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

We also also going to get some kind of censure for that booing during the anthem. Yes what UEFA were idiots for Paris but we were shown to be blameless and some id10its just could not let it go

Advertisement