Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assaulted on the boardwalk this afternoon

Options
  • 22-02-2023 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

I was sitting on the boardwalk during lunch today, I got smashed over the head from behind by a scrote up on the path, his scrote mate filming on his phone. They ran up capel street direction. Is this a thing on social media now? If so, any idea how I’d find possible footage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,902 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Sorry to hear that.

You should report the assault to AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Thanks, I called in to the Bridewell five minutes after, to see if they could request cctv from the area.

Reckon it was a can or something as it sprayed after impact - didn’t hurt much at the time but have had a dull headache since.

Horrible experience, the Boardwalk is Scrotewalk Promenade. No doubt it will be up in Thick Tok, which has become the most vile of social media outlets, favourite of the scummiest of the scum. If you haven’t got it, download the app Tik Tok and search Dublin, Boardwalk or whatever mis-spelled versions these specimens of pond-life may have tagged it. By luck you may come across it, then you can report.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭anewme

hope you are ok. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

We simply need more prison spaces.

And judges to send these loons to the prison spaces.

Until then. Just twiddling our thumbs and complaining that something should be done.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,717 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really sorry to hear this happened to you.

Can't say I am surprised, Dublin just isn't as safe as it used to be, that boardwalk area is sketchy at the best of time.

Definitely report it, but from personal experience don't expect the Gardai to do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

The boardwalk was never the most sensible of places to spend too long alone, even when it was first put in 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

The boardwalk is unfortunately riddled with these types. Talk about no-go zones. That's one right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ALB2022

Definately report it. The more this type of crime is reported the better. No crime (and I'm not referring specifically to this) should be too minor to not report.

99.99% of people will walk the boardwalk (as they are now) without any problems, but it does get a lot of people congregating in places giving the feel of being uncomfortable.

Hope you're OK and these kids are caught. It could be a one off or a version of 'happy slapping', which was a thing about 15 years ago.

What will happen to them if they are caught is another thing.

Post edited by ALB2022 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

That boardwalk is a terrible indictment of what has happened to Dublin in recent years. Tourists should be warned to avoid it.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Shouldn't have been put in in the first place. It was always going to be 'Knackeragua' as I've heard it described.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It's time to demolish the boardwalk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I would walk on the boardwalk not a bother, but I'd think twice before sitting down and having a bit of lunch there. Most of the time the usuals keep to themselves, but tbh, I've never got a good vibe off it. Mores the pity, as it could be a good recreational area if it was managed better.

You'd think you were having a full blown hallucinogenic episode if you seen a garda patrolling it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The only reason scum have managed to take control of the area is because of poor enforcement brought about by a poor judicial system. Removing the boardwalk is simply acknowledging that we are unable (or unwilling) to actually tackle this properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

There is only one way to deal with this scum, exactly the same as the scum in Ballyfermot the other day. Baton charge the cunce. Remember in the mid 90s when the English fans went bananas in Landsdowne? Same as that. Full riot gear for AGS, send them in swinging 18" cudgels. Repeat the practice until these little bastards take the lesson.

Of course that will never happen, too many hand wringing pricks have seen to that and lawlessness with no consequences is the order of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It's quite clear that the State is unable or unwilling to police the boardwalk so therefore it should be removed.

At the very least, remove the benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

yes I hate this attitude, prevalent in thejournal.ie types in their comments. Any suggestion of a public space in Dublin and they are against it as it will be destroyed by scumbags apparently. Even pedestrianising streets or College Green is a bad idea because it will encourage anti-social behaviour according to some. If certain areas are dangerous for the public to be in it's a policing issue really and should be dealt with. Unfortunately our police force are pretty useless and no one takes them seriously, as we've seen lately they can't even handle a few teenagers in Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

I feel bad for you but the way people are going in its the end of the world i do always be around town and never have any trouble just keep your head down and dont bother anyone and youll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who was the OP bothering???

He was sitting on a bench at lunchtime and got whacked over the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Remember the Happy Slapping craze from a few years ago ,

Scrotes walking up behind random strangers and either trying to slap them or knock them out with a single Punch from behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

didnt say he was bothring anyone i just said if you keep your head down and keep to yourself you wont have much trouble i never got whacked on the head all the times ive been in town

But he did have his head down and was keeping to himself?

You appear to be trying to say he brought this on himself - how do you work that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Because as this poster has shown multiple times they are basically pro scrotes doing what they want with no punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ChickenDish

Yeah useless Guards, anyone could handle a pack a feral scrotes. 2 guards is more than enough to tackle a whole gang of scrotes on scramblers, bet you would have handled it no problem.

so why didn't more Garda arrive and sort them out? what sort of useless police force is it when children can carry on like against them this with no consequences? imagine trying that carry on with police on the continent

What "more Gardai"?

You realise there's a serious problem with numbers these days? Gardai don't sit offside having a cuppa while their colleagues are being assaulted.

i didn't realise ireland doesn't have a police force that can handle low level civil unrest no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

someone has been watching too many movies. unless the gardai have hired john matrix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my wife was walking down the quays a year or two ago and was shoulder charged by someone out for ****'n'giggles. thankfully she wasn't knocked over, but it's not as if she was out to 'bother' anyone.

Advertisement