Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Engineer Code Reset

Options
  • 09-09-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

In fixed and botched installed alarm HKC securewave ( 3 or so years ago. All was well and i changed in the engineers code to I code I remember well. About six months later a fault appeared which was reset by entering engineers mode using the code I change it too.

Here is where the issue is. I explain (as they had asked) to my friend that it was possible to change the engineers code to whatever they wanted. I can only assume that they changed the code as now (2.5 years later) there is a fault in a sensor and they cannot enter engineers mode to reset the fault.

Is there a way to reset the panel? I know the alarm will go off the second the cover is lifted but is there anything i can do to help? Reset the system after or is there no solution? Point to note I will never show someone how to change the engineers code again!!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Gladly. Try default the panel first by powering it down and removing the J2 link and powering it up while the link is removed. Also try the default code of 04567. Once it isnt engineer locked this will reset to factory defaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,686 ✭✭✭✭altor

SDunne4 wrote: »
    Hi all,

In fixed and botched installed alarm HKC securewave ( 3 or so years ago. All was well and i changed in the engineers code to I code I remember well. About six months later a fault appeared which was reset by entering engineers mode using the code I change it too.

Here is where the issue is. I explain (as they had asked) to my friend that it was possible to change the engineers code to whatever they wanted. I can only assume that they changed the code as now (2.5 years later) there is a fault in a sensor and they cannot enter engineers mode to reset the fault.

Is there a way to reset the panel? I know the alarm will go off the second the cover is lifted but is there anything i can do to help? Reset the system after or is there no solution? Point to note I will never show someone how to change the engineers code again!!!! :mad:

What is the fault in the sensor that needs to be reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

altor wrote: »
    What is the fault in the sensor that needs to be reset?

Sorry Altor I forgot to check this thread as i assumed it would send me a notification if someone posted... anyway i don't know the fault as i haven't had time to call to see it. He just rang out of the blue and asked did i remember the engineers code.... my own fault for showing him how he could change it!!! :mad:

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Gladly. Try default the panel first by powering it down and removing the J2 link and powering it up while the link is removed. Also try the default code of 04567. Once it isnt engineer locked this will reset to factory defaults.

Thanks Evolution i will try this ASAP and post the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

You should be given a option to default users instead of defaulting the whole panel. When you power up with the link off press no to default all and and yes to default users. Hope that makes sense.

• Advertisement

You should be given a option to default users instead of defaulting the whole panel. When you power up with the link off press no to default all and and yes to default users. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks mickjohnlong

• Registered Users Posts: 5 garlo1990

Sorry to hi jack the thread but has anyone ever defaulted a hkc panel whether it be a 8/12 etc that has been "ENGINEER LOCKED"..without using a laptop (flashing it)..I know how to do it to aritech cs350..but with the hkc no one seems to know..just it would save swapping out the PCB..it would handy to know as I am renting an apartment and the alarm is engineer locked..nobody knows the code..so would like to cold start and reprogramme..I have been doing electronic security for 7years..just thought I'd ask before I have to flash it

Any help would be appreciated.
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

Mod Edit:

there is no need for the user to answer these types of questions

Seq uence wrote: »
    Are you a licenced installer Dave?
    I would have thought most installers would know how to default those panel.

mod edit, I took this out there is no need for you to provide this information, and you should also not really do it either

mod edit, comment removed adds nothing to the forum

• Advertisement

I got it sorted..thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ok guys,

I don't care how many questions you answer, but we don't want another round of arguments like before please.

I know what is going on here and we all know how the forum is being used.

It was not set up to settle scores
    It was not set up as an advertising tool for installers.

So I'm going to ask for three things indirectly

1) Please stop
    2) Grow up
    3) Use the thank you button, that's what it it there for. If someone thanks you give them the thumbs up.

I don't want to hear about trade counter talk, hints dropped to other mods, suspected alt accounts or any other kind of remark about what people do outside boards, who they called, who they are, what they said, he or she should be banned. Move on please. Boards is Boards. I will only take action on what I see here. I'm not interested in back seat modding it drives me in the other direction, I've never taken action based on a conversation or outside boards activity that is not what we are here to do or indeed allowed to do.

Just ignore, or report the post. Let us take it from there.

There is too much drama here and commercial bias, I wont let it kill the forum anymore.

• Advertisement

Mod edit l'll deal with this completely when I get to a PC. If you don't like a post report it.

The "big" deal here is the tone being set and constant one upmanship attempts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Seq uence banned for one week.

More than enough warning given in this post alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Inquisitive73

Hello - I am looking for simple instructions to change the user code for setting/unsetting the alarm on hkc sw 1212. Can someone provide these instructions please?

If you enter your code and the system starts setting you would need engineer access to change the code.

If you enter your code and it gives the option to enter the user menu then this is where it is changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 simwalsh

Hi, I have a HKC SW812 panel which i'm trying to reset user codes on (new house, don't have codes). When i default the panel it only gives me an option to default all, no option for default users. then in the default all menu it gives me a couple of options dom/std 199/en deflt. If i choose to default all, will it default the engineer code also? Which setting should i default it to? Dom or Std and 199 or EN?

Thanks

On the 8/12 it will default the system including codes once not engineer locked.

Dom EN default.

Codes 1111 and Eng 4567

Advertisement