Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Can Joe not just ask them how much they want, and skip the boring stories

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Blackcurrant Mi-Wadi

My God ! He's cracked the case !

Give dat man some money

Miwadi gets a Wow from Joe, riveting 🥱🥱🥱

The trauma???

Surely if it had been a regular adoption what would be different?

So...at a few months old he could remember smells. Sure...

And was afraid of nuns

Get off the stage ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hodges

A few impressions of comrade Jozéf Pescivilli will have them cleared out quicker than Joe's Jag at 3PM on a Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

'Rose petal, are you still with us ?'

They want three months of Joe's wages. A bloody fortune!

Tbh most kids born in the forties didn't have touchy feel huggy parents.

I know. They relied on the jesuits for that sort of thing.

'it's not about da money, per se' 🤑

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It's 15:00. Get lost!

'it's 3pm Rose, please piss off'

Tears... bingo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

The first genuine sounding case, who also has no interest in any compo - and Joe hurries her up because the jag is running

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, that was dreadful shyote all along.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Finished at 15:02

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

a little dig from Ray there

well at least someone is still talking to Rose, she did not sound in the best of states to be honest

Do you want to carry on the conversation with me off air?

Yes.

A moment later; She's chatting to my producer. I'm off to Glasnevin now for a cheeky river...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• So I take it I didn’t miss anything. Had a very interesting & amusing briefing re Japan. Told to bring cash, even though hi tech society they don’t see much point in cards for small transactions, if you drop it from a park bench it will still be there when you come back, with a stone weighing it down to make sure it doesn’t fly off in the wind.

They are utterly polite, but inwardly think we are muck savages. If using an onsen hot spring it is polite for a westerner (men & women etc) to shave off all body hair. Tattoos should be covered, otherwise it’s assumed you are a criminal.

It is expected you take a shower immediately before using a Hotel or any bed. Shoe etiquette is complex, and never any ugly bare feet. They don’t like bare legs much, and no hairy ones thank you. You board the train rapidly, it’s ok to come into contact with strangers during this process only, as it speeds things up and doesn’t impolitely delay anyone.

You bow your head when greeting others, bus driver has very high status as they are in charge of people’s lives. You address everyone with affix -SAN indicating deference. Normally you must address somebody, unless you know them at least 5 years, by their surname with SAN affixed.

Toilet etiquette is extremely important. Nobody in the vicinity should be aware anybody is doing their business, so a program is activated to first heat seat, then play music and spray perfume, then a car-wash effect takes places where you get an automatic and thorough wash, blow-dry and powdering, and facility itself gets a thorough cleansing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

What status do they hold de elderly sumo gentlemen in so to speak? There does be great honor in age, so much so that is it not unknow for de family not to report de death, to keep collecting de pension. Something not unheard of in this part of the world...

Do ye thank de bus driver at de end of da trip, like de well mannered Dub does?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Day didin't know it was a real gun Joe in all in anywayz. De good peeple a Ballyer only have toy guys for playin' cowboys in injuns and dat. And anywayz, day were only going ta de library to get Anto's favarite buke ourra it - De Childers Dat Did Doyed in De Risin' - dja follow me, wha? Anto loves playin' pretend hold up of de library so he does, and shure even de staff tink it does be hilarous - esp. when Anto can't read.

Some people will be busy lobbying Minister for Wokeness in Absentia Helen McEntee for any criticism of RTE and its contractors to be a hate crime.

• I walked into a coffee shop in Donnybrook, not far from Montrose. Two tables away there was a woman on a VERY loud Teams meeting on her laptop, conversation filled otherwise very quiet café. The woman was arranging some dinner and discussing options, she suggested the clients have just two options, meat or vegetarian, and the price was to be €38 per head. Turned out she was an RTE staffer, and the dinner involves Katie Hannon & Meeeriam among other names. On my way out I was sorely tempted to lean over into view and add “do t forget an order of coddle for Joe”. But I didn’t want to be barred from said café.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭archfi

I'm so jealous of your upcoming trip to Japan!

Have a fantastic time, recode-the-site-san 😀

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• I’m really really excited about this one, but I think I’m the only one in the group who doesn’t have a mini Japanese garden… not even a balcony version. Actually a balcony version would be easy to achieve, the trick is meticulous care of simplicity, where I have careless overload.

• Advertisement

The Japanese are on the whole incredibly welcoming. Granted it's 20 years since I was there bar 1 night in Tokyo in 2008 so to speak, but I spent a month there touring it in 2001/2 (over Christmas etc.). There is an element of racism towards westerners in some quarters of society though this is mostly confined to Japanese businessmen who view Westerners as being lazy, and it's only really towards Western men so you'll be fine so to speak.

Advertisement