Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddleboard_11

For anyone who is doing interviews this week...How are you finding them?

I have my tomorrow 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Solidarity my friend, I'm up tomorrow morning. It's been a stressful few weeks but no matter what happens we are on the home stretch now. Best of luck tomorrow😊

Best of luck ☘️

• Registered Users Posts: 8 max97

Yes thanks done and dusted so 🤞

@Claireyy ....How did you find the interview? I thought it was very tough 🙈 but here's hoping

I don't think the results will be out until the week after next as they are interviewing until next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

I also found it very tough, there was no indication at all as to how I was doing, especially with the presentation. There was also a few times where I was asked the same q again so I obviously hadn't said the right answer the first time😅. I'm just glad that it's over now, I'm absolutely exhausted, the thought of possibly having to do it again is the real killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

Yes I was the same couldn’t read the panel as to how I was doing. I forgot to ask when I would hear if I passed so I rang PAS yesterday and they confirmed I would know within three weeks as they wouldn’t be finished interviewing until end of next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Avenger2020

Does anyone know how sick leave will affect promotion prospects in the Civil Service such as for this competition?

I'm the same...I didnt get to say alot of what I wanted to say. It was really fast paced where you don't get time to think especially straight after the presentation.

But I'm glad it's over too. Hopefully we all done better than what we thought.

It would make such a difference to me if I got this.....which I'm sure is the same for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

If you've more than 56 sick days in the last 4 years you'll need to talk to your HR about the possibility of getting some discounted. If they can't be discounted you won't be getting promoted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Hi Everyone,

Regarding the competencies. It says four will be assessed during the presentation. Do you think i would need to prep another example for each of those four? bearing in mind i also have an example for them in the application form? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

I had the one on my application form and they specifically asked for a different one regards leadership. I had a really good one each competency and then an extra one that I could play around with to match other competancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EagerPalco

Never mind. Thnaks

Post edited by EagerPalco on

@ilovethistles I had another example ready for most of the competencies seen as it was a long time since the form was filled in. Best of luck with it 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Done and Dusted its in the hands of the gods now….!

How did you find it @Bazman33 ? Hopefully we won't be waiting till next Friday for the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

I think someone rang PAS after last week's interviews and was told three weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Hard going…! Non stop, answered everything, but couldn’t gauge their reaction to my answers.! I contacted PAS and was told interviews are going until Friday and they hope to have the results out 14 days after that…! But I’m not holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The_Taxman

Same here non-stop, you don’t get a second to think. Board were actually really nice, I was probably expecting worse because of this thread!!

I was dreading the presentation so much but it’s over before you know it and actually calms you down nicely for when the interview begins.

Waiting game now

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Ive mine done and dusted also! I would agree with you both, fast paced, couldn’t judge their reaction, no idea if I hit the points or not.

The waiting is cruel! Best of luck to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hollandra

Had mine yesterday not 100% confident it went well. 4 turned up on the interview board I was expecting 3. One of my competencies they approached with rapid fire questions so I didnt really get a chance to give my example and explain it out properly at all. I'd say discounted me pretty much 25%.

2 questions on the presentations which I hadnt expected. What were the costings. The other was "and what do they do in Europe or other countries?"

Hopefully this is of help to someone.

Post edited by Hollandra on

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

I had a similar question in mine around what would the budget be. Never even considered the budget. Feel that let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

For the rest of the country outside Dublin sitting on this competition without movement. I've contacted PAS who have told me places are demand led and won't be calling for stage 3 interview until they are notified of vacancies. I contacted my own HR who provided the sequence of promotion as agreed with DPER however it looks inconsistent with the actual promotions in my area from internal PAS or mobility (i have a list of those promoted and which panel they were placed from) . If the vacancies are not advertised to PAS we won't be called. Make sure you all apply for internal competitions as it appears regional candidates have been forgotten about in this instance.

Hi Pink,

Was this not a Dublin specific panel run in between the normal panels as they had exhausted the Dublin panel on the last one?

That was my understanding anyway, it is primarily for Dublin but the regional vacancies are still being pulled off the original Interdepartmental Comp 2 years ago?

Apologies if I’m way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I don't think this is correct. I was asked for two locations when applying. Thankfully one of those was Dublin and I was successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

Hi there

The previous panel expired end of January. There was no panel in place in my area last October when I queried so I anticipated a call in the run up to the expiration of that panel. The internal and the PAS competition both noted initially Dublin would be called to fill what appears to be endless places however the internal panel is moving in my dept as is the mobility list but the PAS competition is at a standstill. If they were only to fill certain areas and to depend solely on mobility and internal it would be reasonable enough for them to leave regional counties or areas off the selection as part of the application? It's disappointing but not really that surprising.

Yes we chose 2 locations but primarily it was to fill Dublin vacancies. That was my understanding.

I did think it strange that a new comp wasn’t announced yet as usually it’s well in advance of the end date. (ie end of Jan 23)

I find it near impossible to understand that ins and outs of the patterns used to fill vacancies, but you’ve obviously done your research.

it a pain to think we might have to go through all of this again for regional panels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

Hi pinkelephanto,

It's my understanding that the placement sequences are applied on a nationwide basis, so unfortunately they often won't give useful context for how vacancies are filled in a specific area (unless the organisation is only in one location).

Advertisement