Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft teams

• 08-11-2020 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I have a really important meeting on Teams this week, I used to have an old work Microsoft account that I dont use anymore. The email address was set up by the company and I no longer have access to it.

I set up a new microsoft account and downloaded teams, I can sign in and out of my new microsoft email account no problem but when I try to set up a teams account, it only gives me the option to do so with my old work microsoft email which I dont have access to. I keep getting the message "Looks like you're using a work or school account. Sign in to check if your organization already has a Microsoft Teams license waiting for you."
    When I try to click back it says "Which account do you want to sign out of?" but shows no email addresses.
    It gives me no option to create a teams account with my new email address.
    Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Try signing in with your new account but use incognito mode in chrome or open a different browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

trihead wrote: »
    Try signing in with your new account but use incognito mode in chrome or open a different browser.

Thank you, how do I use incognito mode?

Ive figured out how to use incognito mode, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

I have a really important meeting on Teams this week, I used to have an old work Microsoft account that I dont use anymore. The email address was set up by the company and I no longer have access to it.

I set up a new microsoft account and downloaded teams, I can sign in and out of my new microsoft email account no problem but when I try to set up a teams account, it only gives me the option to do so with my old work microsoft email which I dont have access to. I keep getting the message "Looks like you're using a work or school account. Sign in to check if your organization already has a Microsoft Teams license waiting for you."
    When I try to click back it says "Which account do you want to sign out of?" but shows no email addresses.
    It gives me no option to create a teams account with my new email address.
    Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thank you

Teams is a subscription product, are you paying for it?

hurikane wrote: »
    Teams is a subscription product, are you paying for it?

No, im using the free version

Don't know particularly.

Are you working on a personal computer using Windows?
    Is your Windows profile based on that original account?

• Advertisement

Don't know particularly.

Are you working on a personal computer using Windows?
    Is your Windows profile based on that original account?

Yes im using a personal computer. Im not sure about your second question? I presume it is?

I just managed to try and log in using the new account but got a message on the screen which says "Sorry, that didn't work.
    This doesn't look like a valid user ID. Make sure you typed the user ID assigned to you by your organization. It usually looks like someone@example.com or someone@example.{0}."

This is stressful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Have you been set an invite to the meeting ?

trihead wrote: »
    Have you been set an invite to the meeting ?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Yes

you probably don't need an account so, the invite will let you in.

I know on our teams, if you invite an external person, they get admitted to a "lobby" and you have to let them in to the meeting, but I don't think a MS account is required.

loyatemu wrote: »
    you probably don't need an account so, the invite will let you in.

I know on our teams, if you invite an external person, they get admitted to a "lobby" and you have to let them in to the meeting, but I don't think a MS account is required.

I hope youre right.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Yes im using a personal computer. Im not sure about your second question? I presume it is?

I just managed to try and log in using the new account but got a message on the screen which says "Sorry, that didn't work.
    This doesn't look like a valid user ID. Make sure you typed the user ID assigned to you by your organization. It usually looks like someone@example.com or someone@example.{0}."

This is stressful!
    "Personal computer" as your personal or is it PC that work gave you, perhaps domain joined ?
    Do you have admin rights on it?

I guess you have MS Office installed under that work given O365 account. This could be where Teams, as part of office suite, are looking to get you sign in with those credentials.

Another possible case if you have signed into computer with mail account("Microsoft account"). See Settings>Accounts>Your Info .

Try create new local user on PC and use teams there with your new email.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭slystallone

Is there a way on Teams to hide that you are ringing into teams meetings from the phone app and make it look like you are connecting from a computer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭DopeTech

There’s no way of the person knowing what device you have joined from.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just keep the camera steady as that may be a giveaway!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Does it not show the phone symbol when ringing in from the App?

Can someone show me a picture of what it looks like live on a call when you dial in from the app? Does a phone symbol appear?

What prevent you to have multiple accounts?

Set "fake" account and sign in on PC with it. then call from you app on mobile

Advertisement