Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

recent challenge game between kk and Cork u20's.

Interesting to see lads represented from all management clubs including Clara, Fenians, John Lockes and obviously Dicksboro as you'd expect seeing as they are Kings of underage in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

7 out of the 21 from management clubs. 33% of the squad. In fairness it is rife in Kilkenny. We all know Dicksboro have been excellent and surely they deserve a few players involved. Clara, Fenians and John Locked have been poor underage the last few years but still get there players in. We have been very competitive last few years in minor and u20, competing in A and have no players involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Would you cop onto yourself once and for all. 3 are from the Boro which you'd expect, that leaves just 4. And as an avid follower of Kilkenny hurling you must be aware that there were a lot of definite starters missing for that Cork game. Give those players that made themselves available some credit.

You seem to get such little enjoyment out of the game perhaps you should take a break from it. It can't be good for you suffering on.

By the way, not for the first time when asked to pick a team for the league match against Tipp, you disappeared. Great at saying who shouldn't be starting but not so great at coming up with alternatives.

I was analysing previous concerns from other members and had a greater look in detail. Simple science behind the post. The concerns seemed appropriate to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Did you even realise that your 7 could be reduced to 4, bearing in mind that the Boro would be expected to supply at least some? Not even simple science.

Did you realise that the panel for the Cork match was short a lot of possible starters, hence replacements were required? Again no great science needed.

I will say, at least you replied to my post unlike on many other occasions when you go missing when your bluff is called out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

What did the poster say that's so wrong Grats??

Simply replying to what other posters have concerns about....I like you don't agree with EVERYTHING village87 says on this thread but he's just pointing out a few things here and he is wondering how other very talented players are currently not in the squad, everyone would have known players were missing for that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Must have touched a nerve with Grats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

This was the kk team that played against cork a few weeks ago. Kierans will contribute alot of players to the u20 panel. Danny glennon is still injured at the moment I was told. I don't think it's anything against the club. He's missed alot of hurling and maybe he wouldn't be able get up to the speed of things. I would also like to see him involved but it's obvious the injury has has curtailed any involvement.u20 probably starting in 6 weeks.

Good insight into the league match with kk tipp 2 weeks ago

https://youtu.be/fOsePQA4zog

Post edited by brookville on

Im not stating any bias against any clubs. Just managements bias for there own club players. Tullogher/Rosbericon are a junior club so players need to perform at that level at least

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Marrooned

16 f......g clubs represented in a trial match what’s the problem with you people.if people you feel weren’t picked there might be a good reason why they weren’t. It’s just like the people last week giving out about the seniors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Nedflanders02

In fairness I wonder were they not picked for that challenge game because Good Counsel were still involved in the colleges hurling? I have no idea of the make up of the panel so could be wrong on that. I think one thing that can't be argued is the level of talent on the U-20 panel this year, it must be the most talented squad we've had at this level since the late 00's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I can’t think of any Village player worth a look in this years U20 squad. McDermott might get a look in when Kieran’s are done. That’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Is McDermott not still minor or was last year his final year at U17?

I think theres two chaps in it and the older lad is overage for u17 but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

The older chap is still underage for minor this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

Does anyone have any idea what the team for Sunday will be? I'd imagine we'll see a number of changes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Nedflanders02

I'd say it's more than likely going to be a mixture of players from the 2 Tipp games. There's a few lads back from injury now so I'd imagine they'd try and get more game time from them. With everything this time of year it's hard to know who is and isn't available but the team I'd start with would be:

Tallis,

Delaney, Lawlor, Rowe

Shefflin, Blanchfield, Heary

P Mullen Deegan

Donnelly Kenny E Cody

B Drennan Mossy G Dunne

Hopefully then we'd also get to see James Bergin, Shane Walsh, Ronan & Darragh Corcoran, Timmy Clifford off the bench then also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Anyone know if the game is being streamed anywhere Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

KKvLAO E Murphy S Murphy C Delaney P Walsh T Walsh R Reid C Buckley P Deegan P Mullen B Ryan J Donnelly E Cody B Drennan M Keoghan G Dunne Subs D Brennan N Rowe D Dunne D Corcoran C Fogarty A Murphy R Corcoran T Phelan C Kenny W Walsh T Clifford Team supplied by KGSC in association with UPMC Nowlan Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

KK v Laois

E Murphy

S Murphy C Delaney P Walsh

T Walsh R Reid C Buckley

P Deegan P Mullen

B Ryan J Donnelly E Cody

B Drennan M Keoghan G Dunne

Subs

D Brennan

N Rowe

D Dunne

D Corcoran

C Fogarty

A Murphy

R Corcoran

T Phelan

C Kenny

W Walsh

T Clifford

• Advertisement

Strange backline...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭kksaints

Where's the best place to park near O'Moore Park? Presume there will be some changes to that backline otherwise it will be one of the slowest backlines ever played.

Shane murphy never played corner back in his life and padraig is definitely not a corner back. I guess he will be full back. They're kinda struggling to find a position for him. It's a strange back line but this is a game they should be winning realistically and the next two games the team should start taking shape before the championship. Its very obvious alot of teams aren't really bothered with the league.Alot of experimenting going on and alot of changes every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Maybe I've missed something here but no lawlor, butler or blanchfield.

Are they injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

Haven't heard that they are. This is really the last game for experimentation so that's what's going on. With such a huge panel lads have to be given a chance. The chance window is starting to shut though.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

Heard Blanchfield has a minor knock. Butler probably the same

Butler in a boot I think after the Tipp game. Got a belt and they were waiting for swelling to go down to scan it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

I know it's probably been mentioned here already but is there any link being broadcast today aside from kclr as due to commitments won't be able to make portlaoise today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

I've been searching too but doesn't seem to be anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭kksaints

14 point lead at halftime. We've played with the wind so far, it's strong enough but shouldn't make a huge difference. Fairly nondescript match so far. Forwards have done well so far but we really should have a goal, Mossy Keoghan had two very good chances both he hit straight at the keeper although in fairness for one of them the keeper closed the angle down excellently. Drennan and Donnelly have done very well. Paddy Mullen has drifted in and out of the match but had scored 2 good points. Delaney has been fine at centre back bar one goal chance that he got brushed off a bit easily.

Advertisement