Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭avfc1874

When ever any one says 1.40 an hour, Joe shouts over them that's 1euro 40 an hour, not a hundred and forty euro an hour, We all know Joe, we know it's not rte wage hrs 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I may be wrong, but do you not have to have 1 qualified child minder per 3 children. How hard can it be to write down how many hours they are there.

I am also sure for children not on any schemes they are more than able to count the hours they are there, and charge for it

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Please please please will he get early to the poor family of 14 needing to get away to Portugal on todays show.

• That sounds VERY straightforward compared to library systems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭calculator

And just re: spreadsheet comments, they are the worst for checking/validating etc. It's amazing how many people manage to mess up what seem to be bullet proof spreadsheets!

• Advertisement

Im sorry, it doesnt sound like rocket science to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

When I heard the story on news at one about the 80th anniversary of the orphanage fire today in Cavan I was sure Joe would be all over it. How I wish I was correct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

why cant they just set up a system like primary schools have? its an automatic tick box, is the child her or not and is then linked to the department.

These creche owners are making out they are saints,. At our crèche over 10 minutes late picking child up 10euro, over 20 minutes 20, euro,

From my experience creche owners pay shite wages, give shite hrs/split shifts,

crèche owners to the government - 'trust us , we won't rip you off for hours every week from now on'

the gubberment

• Advertisement

• I know this so well. And file & directory management was a nightmare. The boss just did not understand the concept and every day she managed to have files all over the place and couldn’t retrieve them. I’d spend 20 minutes putting everything back where it should be. There was a huge amount of admin files and I’d find Cash Week 34 in Wages Sheets directory.

Someone close to Joe owns a creche

• Give me your requirements, for a small fee I will create a system to help make this manageable.

M

That grab is from the movie Used Cars, pure gold if you have not seen it before, very much escaped under most radars, it came out in 1980, I'd say it was 1995 or later when I first saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

To educate and care for children? She forgot one thing, they're there to make a profit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

they need an additional €28 per child per week for 'administrative fees'

per child !! they are having a laugh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭calculator

I was checking what were really very basic spreadsheets, submitted by organisations with FT admin staff preparing them. And more often than not, there was some mistake. So time consuming when it *should* have so simple. But public money and all that. So it has to be right.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Practically every company uses timesheets for tracking employees time. Some of the timesheet systems ive used have been very convoluted but you have to do it if you want to get paid.

• Advertisement
    M

• I tried to make these as idiot proof as possible, but I’d get phone calls from AIB, Treasury HQ, and our own Finance office to point out a glaring mistake, and of course the well paid person who made the mistake was never present. It would take test of day to sort it and I’d have to attend public desk & deal with customers at same time. No such luxury as retreating into a back office.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

By all means take dem and mind dem your bleedin self

How do these creche owners halo's 👼 not fall off, from doing all their saintly work

I thought €1.40 was only tuppence and threepence only a few minutes ago.

which is it

If you have to pay back a subsidy, it's not a penalty.

• Managing time sheets was one of my regular tasks. Staff categories: Waged, Full time Temp, part time temp, full time permanent, part time permanent, Saturday extra, wages overtime and at least two extra categories relating to PRSI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

The yungwans of today don't have a clue about file and directory management, totally clueless. Tis all in de cloud now days, as soon as they have to anything with a file, you are in trouble...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• Feck you Joe, I wouldn’t put you in charge of opening the door.

Advertisement