Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2023 (South Africa)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Is the new girl the ex of Quickenden??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

Her sister is Jake Quickenden's ex. Her dad won I'm a Celebrity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm happy tanyael is gone. She added nothing really. Ellie hotter but needs a lad to get in there for her or she'll be out the gap shortly herself

Glad Shaq had a pop at Ron the lazy ****.

Casa Amor starts on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And yet Tanya has turned on Shaq for it, think Tanya wants out.

Shaq has come across quite possessive at times. Maybe she has seen it herself finally. The Ron thing might be just a convenient way out of the relationship without admitting what's really bugging her.

Recoupling tonight when the Casa Amor lot return to the villa.

It will be great tv if Tanya comes back with Martin. Shaq will lose his mind and go full lidl.

I think Shaq is gonna bash Martin if he comes back with Tanya. Martin reminds me a bit of Carlton in Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

• Advertisement

Martin looks bored with Tanya but sees her as his way into the villa.

I think there's 9 being dumped tonight.

I think Martin is mates with Dami Hope, and he wants to escape his (good) job in Dublin and make the showbiz money in a London. Those 4 will be double dating and doing events together. Shaq has some problems in being a bit agressive and controlling, but he seems more genuine than Martin.

After watching first look's preview for tonight it should be a good show with it all kicking off. I cannot wait for movie night.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Terrier2023

Dami was a lovely guy from Dublin dont like Martin he is more menacing and seems to have a nasty streak too.

I agree but he came into his own during movie night 🤣

Tanya's nasty, the way she's treated Shaq and Martin is disgusting and if a male had treated two women like she's treated them you can bet there would be concerned comments from domestic abuse organisations like there has in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have had to suffer thru this as the Mrs is a fan.

I have a question that I hope is more of a sanity check than anything else.

If 2 lads behaved in the manner of Tanya and Olivia? What would the consensus generally be? I think they are both manipulative, using, gaslighters and that fellas acting in similar fashion would be pilloried. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong.

Gaslighting is a phrase that came to my mind multiple times in the last week.

That's how a lot of women see it too. I think Tanya's got a really nasty streak with more red flags than Olivia who I think is more bonkers and playing to the camera.

One thing to bear in mind for viewers is that the show and chats are so over produced and they're told what to discuss in their chats. Some of the chats are filmed a couple of times until the producers get what they want and then the public are manipulated to vote for specific people. The show is edited in such a way that if they want to get rid of someone they'll give them bad edits with conversations shown that are taken out of context.

When it's a vote for your favourite and if one of the producers favourites are in the bottom three and is an OG the producers will then get the rest of the villa to decide who they'll save whereas if the one they want gone is in the bottom they'll go with the public vote.

The producers will ensure the ones with the most potential for deals after the show will end up in the final.

• Advertisement

Tanya and Shaq won't last on the outside. She likes to have fun and he's the jealous type which he has shown himself to be on multiple occasions. She's only pairing up with him because his loyalty to her makes him appear popular to the general public and it's her best chance of picking up the win

Tanya and Olivia are very nasty and fane hungry. But Claudia and Lana are lovely, down to earth yet very beautiful, and much prettier than them 2 hags.

there are no fore runners to win but i think they will push for Shaq & tanya as they never had a person of colour win it, in fact they were always voted out fairly early otherwise Will & the autralian woman, but she s a player she chose Will as she knew he was well liked having played the whole game before in Aussie land version she knows what she is doing.

I think Claudia is way hotter than Rosie. There is something very plastic about Rosie, Claudia is natural looking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes but Amber didnt look like Tanya who is much darker. People are now saying Kai & Shanai will win like dark horses will come to the fore on the night? I dont see it but its a **** show this year for sure. I hate the nail varnish on all the guys and the pearls what message are they trying to portray? Harry Styles has a lot to answer for these days the way he affects the way the men are behaving...........nail varnish ...jeez !

I think we’ve all just got a bit sick of Will. At start he was funny, then did himself a lot of damage messing around with the other girl, then his comedy just wore off. And the general opinion is the aussie Sheila is just a player looking to move to London and become a highly paid celebrity. It’s either Kai and his girl or Ron and Lana for me.

Sam Smith is a funny oul fish also. They is one of the multicolour fish in finding nemo.

Love Island final is next Monday night. There's no stand out couple I'd like to see win, this series lot seem the most fake lot compared to other series I've watched.

• Advertisement

Each season that passes it becomes more staged, safe and sanitized. It's so boring lately and the final week is the worse, the baby challenge, the parents coming in, the final dates and the stupid unnecessary declarations of love.

Advertisement