Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW/DGW25 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would appreciate some advice here - I have 10 players at the moment for this GW. I could do Shaw to Tarkowski to give me 11 players. I also have Digne. Realistically I think he's lost his place but do I hold him in the hope he'll get some points this GW and the next BGW in 28? I'm wondering should I do Digne to Tarkowski instead, and just play with 10 players this week. The pros for this is that I have a definite starter for GW28 AND I get to keep Shaw for his Southamption game.

So:

Shaw to Tarkowski (will have 11 players this GW)

or

Digne to Tarkowski (will have 10 players this GW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Xander10

I don't think Mahrez is officially on penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Who knows with Pep, no point second guessing him really.

I did transfers early (Tues night) and brought in Salah, Darwin, Saka for Kane, Almiron & KDB for a -4.

Gives me 7 doublers for the weekend, if Mahrez plays I'll be delighted and it'll be a bonus. Not expecting him to mind although it feels obvious if City want to win, they should play their most in form player. What do I know though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

His last 3 games, he's got -1 points.

I'd go Digne to Tarkowski personally. Get rid and keep Shaw.

I'd use this week to take a hit or two if needs be. The -4 is really a -2 if they play (and get 2 points) and if they get 4+ or more in total, you'll make the hit back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not officially but has a good chance of taking them.

I'm flip-flopping around my decision to sell Mahrez this GW, for Salah. Liverpool may have lost in the CL, and thrown a spanner in the works around buying multiple Liverpool players for a DGW, but Salah still got a G & A. What's that, 10 points pre-bonus. Not to be sniffed at. And one thing we do know about Salah is that he will start games, and he is on pens. But then Liverpool haven't received a single penalty this season. One of the reasons Salah is down the list in FPL points scorers. Salah would be prime captain candidate material this week if he had scored ~3 pens this season.

• As a result of that, I'm now half thinking of doing Kane + Mahrez + Salah & Watkins for a -4. It does only increase me from 2 to 3 fixtures in GW25, but it does also give me 1 extra for GW28, with a possibility a further 1 more if cup results go the right way. It also gives me an easier exit route to Toney for his DGW.
    • The alternative was Shaw & Mahrez -> Trent & Gakpo (with Gakpo not being definite), also for a -4. This increased me from 1 to 4 fixtures in GW25, but it kind of left me strung in GW28 if the cup results don't go my way, and also very reliant on Liverpool this GW. I already own Nunez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thanks. I just rather get rid of Digne at this stage! So much so that I rather play 10 players without him! Never again.

I get your point on taking a -4 this week and I would if I could, but my only other player to sell would be March, who I rather just keep at this stage for his upcoming fixtures. Think I'll just do Digne to Tarkowski and play with 10 players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah definitely don't sell March anyway, I'm looking at getting him or McAllister in as my third Brighton player for their nice run and doubles.

yeah this week is a good week to take a hit, if it is for DGW players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Pulled the minus 8 last night, first hit of the season

Shaw to TAA

KDB to Salah

Martinelli to Saka

Kane to Watkins

For anyone considering Liverpool assets, Konate is back in training.

Great news for Trent, bad news for Matip / Gomez. Although I think Gomez sealed his own fate on Tuesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Aurier out til mid March ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mindhorn

Used one of my FT to switch Patterson for Coleman. Carry over the other to GW26 or look to maybe move Shaw out? Likely that only two defenders play consideringg Lewis hasn't featured at all lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭shmeee

Mahrez also is my main issue as his funds will get me to TAA and Nunez which will be part of a -4 along with some low priced Mid in for Mahrez. But I've the feeling not to sell Mahrez.... Pep roulette is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Taking a -12 and one of my starters will still be Patterson.

Could be worse I suppose, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Tempted to do a -12 meself. I think it will pay off in the long-term, but will probably see me eliminated from both of the LMS leagues I'm in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

1FT Shaw to Robertson or Trippier to TAA?

Have 11 players (6 doublers) once this move is made so no need for a hit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

-4 taken and went left field with the Everton asset: KDB, Bruno & Mitro to Salah, Iwobi & Darwin.

My thinking is Gakpo's minutes are a doubt and a triple up on Liverpool is too much. Didn't want Mahrez/Silva/Grealish because Pep, and nobody else stood out in the 8.3 or less category. Iwobi is a gamble though but at least he plays in 28. Have Patterson too and not optimistic but will start him ahead of Cucurella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭shmeee

Might pull on a -4 now

Shaw, Mahrez and Gnoto to ,TAA, Iwobi and Nunez. Gives me 12 players this GW, bench be either Andreas or Beuno.

*Done and as good as locked in, was overthinking it all day and getting nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Are you going to be able to afford to bring Shaw and Trippier back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sticking with nine players and no Liverpool, only three DGW'ers.

I just feel that holding everything will lead to a net gain over the other DGWs.

All my forwards and mids have a nice run of greens for the next couple of weeks so I'd prefer to keep them.

• Advertisement

I’ll probably wildcard soon enough, maybe in 27. Obviously given both of their 26 fixtures I wouldn’t mind being without either of them that week. Just I’ve had Trippier since the very start so I’d lose 0.5 or so on him if I had to buy him back so I’m leaning towards selling Shaw even though I’d slightly prefer TAA to Robbo but I think I’d prefer Trippier to Shaw so it’s just striking the balance!

My thinking too with selling Shaw over Trippier.

Also, Trippier has a game in GW28, but Shaw most likely will not. It's easier buy back a Man Utd defender than buy back Tripper too, as there are more options.

You could do worse than take another hit to get rid of him as he's not going to feature at all this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Could play v arsenal. Will Coleman manage two games in 4 days? Patterson back fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah, Saka and Tark in for KDB, Trippier and Rashford for a -8.

Leaves me with 10 thanks to Aurier, Bueno not guaranteed either I guess.

Not overly enthusiastic about Salah tbh....might throw the armband on Saka I think 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

That Liverpool result the other night has made things tricky, was planning getting Gomez in but yellow flagged and likely to be dropped regardless. Have 2FT and will get Salah in for KDB with one. Want to move on Almiron for sure but nobody jumping out in that position as an option beyond this GW so might get Pereira in to raise funds which allows me get VVD in for Shaw for -4. Still relying on Patterson to get a run to make 11 players then.

since it’s likely a spot you’ll bench for the rest of the season anyway surely you go for the cheapest wolves or Everton mid that’ll play twice in this slot?

Is this a genuine injury concern or just mind games?

The option of selling Rashford instead of Mahrez just cropped up. It would be a -4 to sell him & take the 0.3 hit. But it would also save me having to rely on Digne this GW! If Rashford was to miss 2 weeks, he would miss all these games, which do include blanks anyways.

25: blank

26: Liverpool away

27: Southampton

28: probable blank

He's not, he got a knock in an U21 game and hasn't been training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Not sure McNeil or Podence are worth the extra funds when every .1 is needed over the next few weeks. Going with Tark for Shaw frees up more funds for a better Almiron replacement

Advertisement