Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube attain sizing

Options
  • 22-02-2023 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

my current bike is cube agree 2012 56cm I am looking at new cube attain website and bike shop say 53cm for my height (173cm) but felt too small when i rode it

56cm felt okay but i am nervous i dont want to buy wrong size i looked at geometry geeks for comparison and reach is same on current bike and 56cm one is this the mos important I am looking for a more comfortable bike this time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

no exp with the Cube but i am 175 and have a S (53) canyon endurace with 120mm stem (orig 100mm) and a Focus Cayo 54(M) with a 100mm stem, I have short legs (use 170mm cranks max), long body and reach.

would be thinking you are 53cm unless u have the opp of me dimension wise, you can always change the stem if necessary ...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

Thanks devonp i think i came up as S on canyon website too

do you find the longer stem affects handling compared to your 100mm stem???

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

no not at all, with the orig stem !00mm on the canyon i felt very scrunched up, i tend to use the tops and curves a lot..not a big drops fan except for fast steep descents

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

If in doubt go with the smaller size is advice I hear a lot. Easier to fit yourself to a frame that is slightly too small than slightly too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

I used to own a 56 Cube attain and found it a bit big for me at 178cm. Moved down to a 53 Orbea Orca and I am much more comfortable.

• Advertisement

thanks for all the advice think i will reconsider the 53cm and give it another go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I have a recently purchased Cube Attain, I'm 173cm and went for the 53cm model. That is what the Cube website suggested, and I tried for size in the shop as well - fits me perfectly.

I previously had a 54cm Focus and felt it was a touch too long (I always seemed to be perched on the nose of the saddle). note: Cube's measurement is not the same as most other manufacturer's (i.e. it's not the seat-tube length they're referring to but the distance from the stem to the seat-tube I think)

Thats almost the same measurements as me did you have to put a longer stem on too??

Think it comes with 90mm one in size small, if possible could you share a pic of your setup my saddle height c to top of saddle is 70cm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I haven't changed the stem, it feels comfortable as it is for me , but it will depend on your riding style and what you're comfortable with. The Attain is a more relaxed geometry than the Agree I think? Certainly looks it in the diagram above. If you're used to a larger bike, then a smaller frame will probably feel odd.

I assume you've put your measurements into Cube's website calculator - when I enquired with CycleSuperstore they were pointing me towards the 56cm but Cube's calculator said 53cm. I then went into CSS and rode a 53cm around the yard; the sales guy said there was no point even trying the 56 as the 53 was a perfect fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

I'm 172cm and have a 53cm attain.

• Advertisement

thanks everyone for the feedback

i looked at a friends 56cm this morning and even slamming the bars

I think they would be too high for me still

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭YakerK

I'm 178cm and have a 56cm Cube Attain. I'm happy with it, but if anything it's on the big size. For 173cm I'd have to think you'd be better of with the smaller frame. But no substitute for trying out both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm also 178cm and also have a 56 Attain. I would even consider trying a 53 if I was replacing it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 stones81

I'm 185cm and went to CSS today went down the road on a 56 and 58 attain and couldn't tell the difference guy in shop said I'm right between both sizes so it's really up to me what to go with but if was him he would go with the smaller frame

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

I’m 183cm and had a 58 Attain which fit well. I think the 56 would have been a bit small. I’m a 56 on almost any other brand. My 2c is that Cube sizing seems to be one size out compared to most other brands.

I would agree with this. I'm 183cm and bought a 56 cube last year when there were very few bikes available.

I like the bike but feels small compared to the 56 Giant I had. I would go a size bigger if buying another Cube

thanks for all the replies

went to CSS last night and they had a 53 and 56 there so tried to set up to my size

became clear quite quickly that the small was the right one despite me thinking the opposite

having someone with me helped to decide

Advertisement