Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Mortgage

Options
  • 24-02-2023 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My KBC Mortgage repayment date was the 24th of each month. I had switched the direct debit with KBC to use my PTSB account last year and that was working fine.

It doesn't appear to have been collected today from BOI. I note you're having issues taking some direct debits. Do I need to do anything here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Daithi, thanks for checking in with us.

Yes, we are having difficulties presenting for some mortgage direct debits at present.

We have a Team working on a fix, as soon as we have it remedied we will present again for payment. We would just ask to leave funds available. So sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.

Many thanks, Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks. I also haven't received any letter with my new BOI mortgage account number. What's the best way of getting this?

Hi, thanks for checking back with us.

It should show in Comms 4 letter sent from BOI. You can also call 0818 210 290, 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) or +353 1 250 0305 (if calling from outside Ireland). From 4 February to 25 March our support team will be available on Saturdays 10am-2pm. A colleague can provide this to you. (If you have your previous KBC reference to hand, you can relay this to the Advisor on the call. )

Many thanks, Alison

Thanks. I'm sure I didn't get comms 4 but I'll double check when I'm home. I'll call that number after lunch. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Where in Comms 4 should this new BOI mortgage account number be found? The only number referenced in my Comms 4 email (not a letter, should I also have got a letter?) is the old KBC number.

Either you're giving outright wrong information saying the number can be found where it in fact cannot, or the Comms were messed up. I also never got a Comms 3 which apparantly had pretty important information in it - pretty disgraceful for something so important.

• Advertisement

Oh wait, I did get comms 4 by email, but as you said it just has the existing KBC mortgage account number. Very frustrating

Hi All, thanks for taking the time to check this with us here.

Customers with no DD set up will have received letter Comms 3 with new BOI mortgage details.

Customers with an existing DD that have received Comms 4 by letter, the new account details will be included.

For customers with Comms 4 sent by email with only the KBC reference, can call the above Team and my colleagues can provide the new details.

Apologies for any confusion or upset this may have caused.

Many thanks, Alison

Hi Alison,

I do appreciate the quick responses here. I did call the number and the customer advisor told me she couldn't give me the new account details and I had to get a call back from the Mortgage team?

Thanks for coming back to us on this.

You're so welcome, happy to offer guidance and support.

We have an internal Team working on these requests , please be assured they will give you a call back with your new account details.

Many thanks, Alison

Thanks but I really don't see why I need to ring up or wait for this information? Why can't it just be emailed to us as you have all the details already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Fully agree - the post above stating that you must call up if you you got Comms 4 by email is a disgrace. How would anyone be expected to know this, apart from coming across a random post on a message board? And now posters are saying that even after calling up they still couldn't give it to them? What kind of farce is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Wait until they tell you you need to print off a direct debit mandate form and post it to them .....

And it takes 'about' 2 weeks for them to action it....

If your KBC Mortgage was being paid from a KBC Current account, which I assume a lot are, as they incentivised it with discounts on mortgage rates.

Yeah, they were fairly quick to tell me that none of the KBC benefits of a mortgage would transfer over , which should have been my first indication

Post edited by Daith on

So @Bank of Ireland Reps , what am I supposed to do here. Just wait days for someone from the mortgage department to ring me and tell me my BOI mortgage account number?

Is there is a time scale for when this will be done?

So I'm look at not knowing when my mortgage will be direct debited and not knowing what my account number is

Hi Daith,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. You can find your mortgage reference in communication 4 letter. Alternatively you can call our dedicated transition team on 0818 210 290. The team is available from 10am to 2pm today and will be happy to help with this. For more information on this please see the link attached.

Mortgages FAQ's KBC Customer Support - Bank of Ireland

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Hi Jen,

I didn't get a Communication 4 letter. I got a Comms 4 email with only the KBC Account number.

I rang that number yesterday and then person said she couldn't give me the mortgage account number and the mortgage account will ring me back. Which I suspect won't actually happen.

So I'm constantly given multiple different answers for the same basic query.

Edit: So I rang back again, got a different CSR rep (Cindy I think was her name), who was easily able to give me the BOI mortgage account number. Just for anyone who is told no by the that number.

Now just to see if the mortgage will be direct debited at some stage.

Post edited by Daith on

Thanks for getting back to us here, We are happy to hear that you were able to resolve this this morning. Thanks Jen

Thanks but I doubt I'm the only former KBC customer who thinks BOI are actually going to send me my BOI Mortgage number, and are unaware they have to ring up a number to get it.

Advertisement