Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&W M&P 15-22 - what to look out for?

Options
  • 24-02-2023 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just got one of these and would appreciate if anyone out there has any experience or tips and tricks to keep it running well.

I haven't been able to test it yet but I like the look and feel so far with maybe one slight complaint that the length of pull could be a little longer (but I do have long arms). It came with a red dot and I have added the flip up sights. It feels like a very simple rifle and very easy to disassemble.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

How do you find the rifle ? I’m thinking of making a purchase would you do it again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mattimahoe

Just received it and haven't really tested it yet - as I am also curious to get feedback and maybe some advice on looking after it, I'll start a new thread in the general Shooting Forum as I think this may be going off topic for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Probably the biggest one I would recommend is changing out the extractor for an after market one. When I first got mine I had issues with jamming and stove piping. I ordered a replacement extractor and extractor plunger from brownells Germany and I’ve put 1000s of rounds through it since without issue. It’s a simple cheap job and plenty of tutorials on YouTube to help .

Apart from that just keep it clean and well oiled. Both CCI standard and mini-mag shoot relatively well without issue. Avoid subsonics as they don’t function well in a semi-auto

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mattimahoe

Thanks for that. Put a couple of hundred rounds through it yesterday and had a few stovepipes with Federal Bulk but I don't really plan to use them in it so not so worried about it. I'll keep your advice in mind on the extractor and if any issues then I'll give it a try but happy to leave alone for the moment until I test a bit more. Planning to run SK or TAC-22 so will see how they go.

Advertisement