Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Test drived one today and it's gone straight to the top of our list I think.

Was nearly sold on the MG bit the various issues have out us off.

It's now down to this vs the Megane...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

Buy the Born or an ID.3. Best in class imo.Or spend a few grand more and get a superior Model 3/Y.

ID3 not worth the money in my opinion and aint going anywhere near Tesla.

Anyone heard about a 3% increase coming, dealer said if we don't get one of the last ones in stock (immediate delivery) the next batch will have a price increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well said. Try the Megane E-Tech and then decide between that and the Cupra.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

ID3 gone expensive alright. Many of us bought for around 33k which was good value at the time and on top of that we got a year of Ionity or 2000kWh. Plus free service/tyres pack.

I would have said same about Tesla a year or so ago. But it is in a different class re handling, equipment and efficiency. Especially in the winter with heat pump as standard.

The warranty of the Cupra at just 3 years is a bit off putting....

Tried the Magane and that's now the front runner. Trying to haggle a trade in deal for our existing EV although we don't have a lot of bargaining power with the demand for EVs right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Good luck. Let us know how it goes and don't forget to shop around with other Renault dealers too. Maybe one will give you a better deal.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The last 2 days my android auto cannot find whatsapp contacts to send them messages via voice.......was working perfectly up to then and its a great feature I use so missing it now a lot. Has anyone else had this problem and know the solution? Googling it is a minefield but I will try it later on.

It says "I cant find a whatsapp contact for (whatever persons name is)"

It still lets me reply when a message comes in and gives the name etc as normal but when I want to send a message its not working.

Seems like I have all permissions etc set up right so a bit stumped, not sure if its the car thats the problem or the phone. Turned off phone etc already

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Has anyone here ordered the Born with the 77kWh battery and, if so, what is the expected delivery month?

• Advertisement

Likely the phone. Try the same thing when not connected to AA

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PhillyConlan

Took delivery of my Born yesterday, delighted with it so far.

I know people say to only charge to 80% but how much of a difference does it actually make?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

On an impulse I've decided to swap my 211 Leaf 40 for a Cupra Born .. 222 in Blue (ex demo) .. took it for a spin this morning and was quite impressed .. hopefully should have it in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

If you need the range, charge to 100. Just don’t leave it sitting there for days fully charged.

My take on it is that I charge it to 100 on the work charger AC 11kw fairly regularly but not to make a common habit of it on the DC fast chargers which I never really use anyway.

Aurora blue I presume? Same colour as mine and its a beautiful colour when clean but extremely hard these days to keep it clean. Luckily I've a power washer in work and don't mind cleaning car at lunchtime, it can be a decent way to spend my break I find. Impressive enough car to be honest, slightly let down by over reliance on the infotainment screen and no physical buttons but that's far from unique to the Born these days.

Drives very well, looks well, plenty of space, as much power as you ever realistically need and certainly enough range for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Long term consumption is 17.7kWh/100km after 5,200km. Heat on 18C lately with the odd day at 20C. Regularly have the heated seat and steering wheel on. Winter hasn't been too bad this year, occasional week with a few days of freezing temps but nothing prolonged.

Long term figures are from the car, Tronity app is slightly higher showing 20kWh/100km in December down to 18kWh/100km in February. Sitting at 16.8kWh/100km with 358km this week but early days as we have a few days of sub zero temps coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ccassidy

Hi, does anyone know the name of the ships that the Borns are brought in on, had one on order since November last year and it was manufactured the last week of January but still no sign of it here

MV parana and MV patara someone told me when mine was on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Kebel

Picked this up today just done a few miles but so far loving it

• Advertisement

Great thank you, I see the patara was in Dublin over the weekend so hopefully my car was on that.

I have to say they are not the best with the updates

None of them are, you need to ask. Repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Yeah most dealers are useless when it comes to communication. In fairness McCoy's phoned me several times with updates once it was at the port in Germany. Only reason I called them was to check if it landed in Dublin to see if it made a boat that week as sometimes cars can be at the port for 2-3 weeks so I just wanted to have an idea of how long I'd be waiting.

Anyone called their dealer about the "new settings available" bug? I should call them as I want to get a rattly passenger speaker checked out but I'm not really arsed yet as it's not a big deal.

Well it’s in the country, currently with NVD in Baldonnel so they just need to confirm what day it’s coming to the dealer

Went for a 58kw/h quasar grey, looking forward to hopefully picking it up in the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I've done a deal to swap out 211 leaf 40 for an ex demo Born 58 .. hoping to pick up in the next few days.

in Allure Blue .. quite a nice little car to drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

One of those rare times that I saw another Born today on Grange Road in Rathfarnham. Going by the photos in the cycling forum I'm guessing it was DaveyDave

Advertisement