Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Used Disposable Vapes Wanted

Options
  • 25-02-2023 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Hi all, im looking for all types of disposable Vapes that you no longer use. I collect the batteries from them for a large Model Aircraft and ship project that I am working on. I will also have use for the outer shells from the vapes so I will take the whole vape.

I know most people just throw these away but im kinda going to be recycling them and saving them from landfill.

Im in north Dublin, can collect if your near or i can accept postage, Im not making any money from this just going to be using them in various models that im making.

Im also working on making portable chargers and mini torches from old vapes so once I get stuck in to this I can swap these for old vapes.

If you have a good few I can give you postage address and ill refund the postage costs when received, just a thought anyway, save the environment and all that.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Good idea, I like your thinking.

But seeing that most people get rid of their old vapes exactly because the battery is finally goosed in them, what use are the dead batteries going to be to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

The batteries can be charged again and again believe it or not ;). I can use the outer metal shells for various models and power bank chargers, The plastic tips can compressed and molded again for various parts of the ships and aircraft that we are making.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Very good, to save anything . . . 'especially batteries' from ending up in landfill is to be encouraged.

You should maybe post up a couple of pics of your projects when you get a chance, they sound interesting.

Hi, Ive a skip coming next weekend to clear out the shed, once thats all done and various bits added im going to create a youtube channell with weekly updates. I will of course post a link to the said channel in here so you can follow :)

Its a disgrace Joe!

Sounds like an amazing project. I look forward to the YouTube channel. I like model building.

Please DM me your address as I have two spent reuseable vape pens you can have. I also have a number of 18560 batteries which you may find useful.

• Advertisement

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Following - as very interested to see what you make with them :) Those vape bars are discarded all over the streets now - such a waste.

The one single use vape I dismantled had a nice portable sized battery all right, but it was only 600mAh written on it - not a very large capacity - good for leds maybe. I had more success myself with laptop batteries and power my torches with them.

What will you power with the batteries- Lights motors or smoke machine maybe?

“Roll it back”

Interior lighting for the models, rudder controls, propeller controls, sound, Still working out the smoke situation for the chimneys. The model trains I have successfully made a couple of 1:76 scale cars running around a test track that can then dock and be charged. I have also converted a Hornby 6 carriage model train that can be powered from the batteries.

In a week or two once the man cave is fully operational I will bring you all with me on my journey via youtube.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Isn't it great to see someone doing something 'positive' rather than 'negative' with these batteries 😉

Ive a million and one things I want to do but getting the Man shed set up is num one on the list. I need latterly hundreds of vapes so start collecting people :)

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Secondary schools are being deluged by vapers. Offer to collect them from the bathrooms. Every school has the problem I reckon. How many within 10 minutes drive? Your done. 😋

Advertisement