Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

Nope,Himars have taken over the main targetting within 80 km range,Vilkha have longer range

And Vilkha have been crucial for outranging the russian artillery,but they dont have to many of them,hence the reason Himars was requested

last september they even showcased a new verion called Alder in Poland,with the same precision as himars

And we didnt hear about the neptune missile either,before they sank the battlecruiser Moskva.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Not trying to encourage bitcoins meltdown further but right now Bakhmut is in the balance. We'll have to wait until the dust settles tomorrow but pro Ukraine accounts are reporting potentially large Russian gains around the city. Gains I'd guess are only possible if Ukraine has decided to retreat. Hopefully they're wrong but no doubt a major goal was to hold the city until the anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Lil Fred

You’re becoming overwrought. I’ve reported you for you own good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

To add to that point, I have a question.

Is there anyone here who lived in London or the UK during the " Troubles". ? There wasnt an Irishman out there condemning the British occupation of our Island, but did we all show any support for the IRA? Absolutely not, especially while living in the UK.

However, we we all painted with the same brush by the British? Absolutely!

To them, we were all RA sympathisers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Based on what solid Intel ?

You connect the dots like a true propagandist....... and you might not even be wrong by pulling this out of your arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Well ... I'm British and I lived in SE London (Lewisham) throughout the 80's.

Having no litter bins to put your rubbish in while out and about was a minor inconvenience and usually resulted in rolling your eyes and telling your kids to put their empty crisp packet in their pocket (First world problems, right?)

Having the car stopped and searched by twitchy armed police every time I drove across London (and through The City) when I went to visit my mum in Lincolnshire was definitely worse, but I understood why.

Nights out in certain pubs and having a collecting tin rattled in your face at the end of the evening with the exhortation by a gent with an Irish accent to "give 50p to kill a British soldier", so don't go to that pub again ...

I know these are nothing compared to what others experienced, but I mention them to illustrate how a slow drip-drip of this kind of stuff creates and hardens attitudes over time.

Not sure if it’s a melt down, parody account or more sinister than that.

All right thinking people support the Bakhmut defence as long as Kyiv think it worth defending, but a ravaged, practically empty of civilians “city” is no loss in the grand scheme of things. Russia lost 90% of the propaganda value by not taking it by the anniversary. If there’s a strategic value in falling back I’m okay with that. Russia will have paid very, very dear for a pyrrhic victory.

It remains correct to point out that the much vaunted Russian military is woefully equipped, stupidly led and void of morale. That’s not to downplay the benefit of being able to field a horde of bullet catchers… it can be effective… short term.

As for Romania being largely indifferent to the plight of Ukraine… the only take away here is to be careful of the more subtle pro Russian posters on here. The out and out headbanger trolls should be ignored, but the subtle sleveens need to be challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have to disagree. I lived in London during the IRA bombings. There was an "underground" support for the IRA, just as there was here. I remember Sunday nights, in Kilburn pubs, when the collection beer mugs were passed around. I also didn't see or experience any animosity towards Irish people which, I think, was remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I'm going to Romania this week, I'll look out for this indifference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

An interesting video regarding the buildup and first month of the war .... Worth a watch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5sACMTVqyvE&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭threeball

Whether Bahkmut holds at this stage is irrelevant. The main concern is an orderly retreat should it be needed where you take the least casualties possibly. After that it can be isolated by artillery strikes and surround it in the counter offensive once the bradleys etc are in position. Hopefully the Russians will have packed it with 10,000 troops by then and they'll lose another 10k of their army in a matter of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Whatever side of the argument you fall on, hoping for mass casualties is quite gruesome

• Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

As long as RuZZIa is simply using its conscripts/prisoners/men-in-the streets as a human wave, we should hope for mass RuZZian casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

No one cares what you think. Ukraine will win this war.

We don't need to hope. The orcs are losing around 1000 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭roosterman71

There's a good chance he could be taken out, but I can't see it happening. He's probably somewhat useful for the Ukrainians in that he's a massive pain in the hole for Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭pcardin

Russia in general is a synonym to the word Failure

Ukraine counter attacked and pushed the orcs back at Bakhmut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

There's no winners in this war and there won't be.

China will supply Russia and then we are all fucked.

Russia have more men than Ukraine. It doesn't matter if Russia is losing 1k a day. Ukraine will be losing similar.

This war will still be going on this time next year with the same conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭threeball

I didnt say anything about casualties. Isolating them from supplies and food is enough to ensure surrender thus removing them from the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DrivingMrDaisy

The general consensus seems to be Ukraine is losing approx one third to a half a day of what Russia is losing. I do agree that China holds a lot of the cards here in regards which way the war will go. At the moment they are playing a blinder keeping both the west and Russia onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭briany

There's no winners in this war and there won't be.

War is a profoundly nasty and regrettable business. In that sense, there are no winners, but allowing that wars have happened, are happening, and will happen throughout human history, Russia will fail in more of its objectives than Ukraine will.

China will supply Russia and then we are all fucked.

China isn't that interested in directly supplying a losing war effort while also trying to keep some sort of diplomatic/business relationship with the West. There's even an argument to say that China benefits from a weakened Russia which then must prostrate itself to China in order to stay afloat.

Russia have more men than Ukraine. It doesn't matter if Russia is losing 1k a day. Ukraine will be losing similar.

Ukraine is not losing a 1000 men a day at Bakhmut or anything comparable to the Wagner zombies. The Ukrainians are sitting in gun nests while mowing down Wagner who are essentially trying to Normandy their way across open ground, gaining however many yards each time.

This war will still be going on this time next year with the same conversations.

It could be, but there may be new phrases popping up such as 'Leopard', 'Abrams', 'Fall of Donetsk to Ukraine' and 'Putin falls out of 17th storey window while golfing'.

@farmingquestion

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Those are unverified claim of 'explosions', and could as easily be Orc accidents or partisan attacks. What should tell anyone, with any nouse, that these are not the same is that the air defence systems didn't light up and start hosing the sky, as they did for the attacks on from Feb 21-23.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

China won't supply Russia with anything to do with offensive weapons unless they want the entire world to stop buying off them.

Losses aren't even close to 1:1 the Russians are losing way more soldiers as they're under supplied, under trained and just worse in every conceivable way.

The Ukrainians now have the ability to hit ammo dumps and bases almost anywhere inside Ukraine. It took 6 months for Russia to adjust to keeping their dumps 50 miles from the front line now they have to try operate at 100 miles or further.

Russians can barely supply it's forces as it stands imagine how inefficient the whole thing will become now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Of course there are no winners, but every inch of land Putin has he sees as a win.

Your "solution" to the war is to reward Putin with more land. That's not a solution, it's encouragement. Weakness like that to a tyrant rebuilding an empire is a red rag to a bull.

I'm sure the war will go on for a long time. However in just one year we've seen Russia having to rely on prison convicts, mercenaries, Iranian drones, equipment from the sixties, they've thrown the kitchen sink at Bahkmut for 6 months and still haven't fully taken it, at extraordinary cost, i wonder where they'll be in a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Because of course they threw down the Ukr flag, their "protest" has nothing to do with supporting peace in Ukraine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement