Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Nations 2023 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Have to say, if they weren't hosting it, I'd be giving France a roughly 0% chance of winning the World Cup based on what I've seen of them in the last three games. They do have a chance as hosts of course, but they definitely don't look like the team they were built up to be last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Good chance for Scotland to make amends for their last botched 5m attacking scrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭standardg60

Scrum from where the ball was kicked or penalty where the offside player was

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Very Very interesting now

• Subscribers Posts: 41,468 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Scotland are going to be a major handful in murrayfield !!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

I thought it was kicked from much further up the pitch is why I asked, maybe I'm completely wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Those Pints might be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭ersatz

Fair play Scotland. France are going the way of Ireland in 2019.

France worse today than against us. Less interest in the tournament after a loss.

Didn't think it was that far back myself but must have been

• Advertisement

As much as our WC record of not getting past the quarter final is brought up France have similar failure.

3 lost finals and poor exits like 2007 to England after beating the ABs in the quarter.

Time should be off for these resets

Getting hit by Jack Dempsey 😅

France were blessed that Scotland overthrew that. They'd shown zero ambition in their previous attacking phases. Ramos had dropped into the pocket for a lineout.

Really wish France had took the 3.

Bonus points and Ireland on their mind in not taking the three there.

Probably not saying anything that most here didn't already know but we will get nothing easy in Murrayfield. Even if they don't win here a first triple crown in the professional era would be massive for them. It's going to be a cracker I think.

Could be a hard loss for the Scots. A winnable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Jaysus.

What a scrum from France. Completely ruined the Scotland attacking plan, forced Hogg to run not on his own terms and allowed France to swarm the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Good enough for the Scots, not sorry to see them beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭ersatz

Murrayfield will be a battle but you can bank on Scotland to make a half dozen stupid mistakes and another few astoundingly bad decisions.

Scotland also missing out on 2 BPs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Sorry, can't agree. Was going to give a yellow until his team advised him that red was the right call. Missed the second Jelonch incident and has been inconsistent with regard to the breakdown. For instance, he penalised Scotland for hands on the ground before winning a turnover yet rewarded Dupont for the exact same thing. That's not excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Enjoyable after the Welsh v England muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

As for Hurley, maybe she should stick to what she's played and knows, camogie.

What a game, faith restored after that borefest in Cardiff

So either France or England winning without the BP on the Saturday would mean that a BP win for us on the Sunday against Scotland would win us the championship with a game to spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

This. There's been some cracking games this 6N.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

France started brilliantly, but never really got going again after the red cards, and were generally poor, I thought. Partly down to Scotland's performance, but I still think people are overstating Scotland as a threat. That was pretty much as good as they get, and they still couldn't beat a French side that was nowhere near their best. Penaud was very quiet, Ramos had a poor game, some of their players just seemed to lack their usual intensity.

Thoroughly entertaining game to watch, though!

Advertisement