Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It was very much a thing in Grey's Anatomy, so American influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm all cramps from holding in farts all night.

They kept saying it on some American show i was watching and then I heard it somewhere else aswell. I'm just worried if it catches on, it will be a trivial nightmare.

Another one 'content'... They're all looking for content..all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cup holders on supermarket trolleys, and extra TA they are put right where your hand should go!

Also our local supermarket has moved the self scan handsets to the top of the escalators and you have to go further to get your trolley, then double back for the scanner and cause a pile up on the escalator as you impede everyone’s exit!

and I quite enjoy grocery shopping…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Out on a nice hike today in Co. Limerick. There was a mountain bike race on nearby and my group and I stood aside and let them all get past. Still got a couple of bell ends screaming at us to get out of the way, even though there was adequate room on that particular path. No way these lads were going to win either, they were right at the back! Walkers and bikes always share the trails amicably up there and there are rarely issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I completely forgot about doing Wordle the last two days . There goes my streak 🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

Parents that stay in their car while their children play in the playground. Interact with your children!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA - people that sniff loudly and make a snorting sound. Gross. I’m on holiday and seem to meet them everywhere - blow your nose and cover your mouth - its not hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My cat decided to use my face as a climbing post yesterday to help him get onto my shoulder. Back claw stuck right into my chin. So now I have 2 lovely scratch marks on my chin to show off his love.

Same cat hops up on the bed this morning with a sh1tty arse and puts poop all over the bed.

I swear to god if he wasn't so cute he'd be booted out of the house!

On the other hand, cat 2 who is an angel had to be brought to the emergency vets on Saturday for vomiting and diahorrea. She had a high temp and was jaundiced (ongoing anaemia/immune disease problem). They kept her in overnight to give her fluids and steroids. The estimated bill for the visit was £1700-£2000. And our insurance on her is already close to it's limit for the year. So we're gonna have to fork out for most of that ourselves.

Cats are sometimes more work than kids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I mentioned that a few weeks ago. It's like the right to bear coffee is more important than the basic convenience of all shoppers (including the coffee-goons).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that the first reply in nearly every single thread about work issues is "Go to the union". Are unions *really* that commonplace??? I've been working part-time since I was 14 and full-time since I was 17 and not only have I never been in a union, I've never even worked in a company where there was a union presence. Surely I can't be that much of an outlier???

• Same but I assume it’s just not standard in my industry (hospitality).

The stupid Only Connect sandwiched between the iconic Mastermind and University Challenge on BBC2 quiz night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Most of them are utterly useless and trade letting businesses get a certain leeway in order to win bigger arguments such as pay… getting a fair wage is fûck all use if bullying and skullduggery are rife.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lufthansa. They've grown progressively worse over the past 10 years, but begod, I wouldn't be surprised if they went bust before the end of the month. They're abysmal, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Not a fan, Doc? Have to say I do enjoy the odd go at a twisted flax connection, the wall and filling in missing vowels.

And who doesn’t give a chuckle at Victoria’s little joke when signing off? Tonight’s was back to the “Portillo” ones. Haven’t heard one of those for a bit.

No interest in Mastermind, myself.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Channel hopping, getting suckered into watching a programme about vets only to end up roaring crying because a woman had to have her cat put to sleep. I cuddled my own 9 year old cat a little more than usual as a result and she moaned at me....

Yes I never got into Only Connect. I record Mastermind and watch it while Only Connect is on, then straight onto University Challenge. I'd probably like it if I gave it a try but I really prefer traditional quiz formats. The Chase is the only "modern" one I find watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My quiz TA is Mastermind-related, and how the host insists on reading the full, overly-long question when it's obvious the person knows the answer and the precious time is being wasted. For me, of the three Monday evening BBC quizzes, Only Connect is best, followed by University Challenge, and then Mastermind.

Will admit that I enjoy Tipping Point. Easy enough questions with a touch of gambling. All good.

Pointless can be fun, but your man with the huge ears who presents it is one smug wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I enjoy mastermind only for the talk about myself winning part, complete waste of time.

The crustaceans guy really gets on my wick with the drama and making claws when choosing lion etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

People from Northern Ireland or Britain calling us South or southern Ireland. It's Ireland. Or Republic of Ireland. That's it. There is no Southern Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ongoing anxiety + irritations leading to the sides of my fingers being shredded

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

People from Northern Ireland or Britain calling us South or southern Ireland. It's Ireland. Or Republic of Ireland. That's it. There is no Southern Ireland.

This.

I live in the UK and as soon as they hear my accent it's "oh you're Irish. Whereabouts?...(I say Galway)... is that Northern or Southern?.. ( I say its the Republic. Let em go figure it out)

I once went into a post office with a letter addressed to the Republic of Ireland. Asked the lady for a stamp. She looked confused at the address and asked me if the Republic was Northern or Southern Ireland.

The wince on my face stayed with me for over 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Depends on who you ask. It's technically, whether you like it or not, a different jurisdiction. So we need a term to refer to it as to differentiate it from the laws, currency etc up here. Petrol costs are different down south, wages are higher down south, roads are better down south. I'm from Tipperary but live in Belfast. It's not a derogatory term, just a way to differentiate. Who could be arsed calling it The Republic of Ireland in a sentence?

My TA is the cost of vet fees. £1,500 to do a CT scan? WTAF? Insurance limit has been reached so that's just gonna have to come out of our pockets. Proposed building work is looking more doubtful this year now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I remember in the early '90s, while abroad, trying to get a stamp for Ireland. They were trying to charge me like for a stamp for Australia "because Ireland isn't in the European Community". Eh, it's been a member since 1973, you're 20 years behind.

Then there's the crowd that gets mixed up between Ireland and Iceland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Used to work for an English company, I'd have colleagues come over for sales presentations regularly. Had to tell them all to stop referring to "the mainland" when talking about England

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement