Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Quite a few strange ones from the ref. Must have booked three players for kicking the ball away/delaying, but chickened out of two obvious black cards (one each by the way, so not bias). Some of the yellows were very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Looking for one kids ticket for later if anyone can’t make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Dublin making hard work of this..

Goal for Clare...FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hardly posted in here in long time but yeah awful game. Dublin haven't got going yet turning up and doing this **** against a hurling county.

If don't win this comfortably I have absolutely no fate in us this season. Dessie is lucky man there's no one else to replace him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Six point lead for Clare, this is surreal. What are they working on week to week, this is last year's league all over again they've won some games because the opposition is weaker but Dublin have more of their big players than they did this time last year. It's very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A shambles so far. So much for Dublin dominating football for years and years. I never expected them to but this is very humbling. A get out of jail card will only tape over it. Something not clicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus won that by skin of our teeth.

Turned up for about ten fifteen minutes in that game somehow won it.

I dunno what to say really dunno what direction where going in.

Derry game is gonna be very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Another really poor display we are lucky we are not in div 1 or else we would be tanked . There is something really not right we have better players than these displays .We will have a very tough day up in Derry on our efforts so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Dublin is an old team at this stage with d lot of mileage. There may be a kick in them yet this year but it will be to knock a big team out not to win an AI.

Unless the draw is very kind to them they will probably knocked out at QF stage. There is probably a certain amount of heavy training but you would imagine that they should be further ahead of Clare and Limerick.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I think Clare started defending their lead and their time wasting completely broke their rhythm.

No need for it as they were in complete control.

One that got away from the banner county and they will be hurting.

Derry on the other hand will be licking their lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Heavy legs plays it's part but the common demoniator is Dessie. He just can't get a tune out of this squad and nobody is going to tell me we should be struggling against Clare.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Was busy this evening so only getting the result now. Surprised it was so close. Clare are a solid team but really we should be beating them well. Especially in Croke Park. Will have to catch up with the highlights tomorrow.

I did happen to watch the earlier game on RTE and have to say Kerry were poor. Looked nothing like the team who beat us last year in All Ire semi. David Clifford was anonymous from play. Seanie Shea not much better. And they found scores hard to come by. Armagh will be sick they got nothing from game.

So we're not the only team not firing just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

How many auld fellas is there left that start ? How many 29 or over?

Defenders - McCarthy - Fitzsimons - Jack McC

Midfield- Fenton

Forwards R Basquel- Rock - Mannion- Kilkenny

8 by my count so there definitely has been a freshening up of the age profile of the starting panel.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

In the last twelve months Johnny Cooper want, the rest went in 2021. But coming onto the team this year is McCafferty and Mannion. While many think this makes the team stronger, it probably a short term fix. I would not be aware of how many have been moved off the extended panel.

John Kiely moved 5-6 off the Limerick panel this year a couple were land that were younger than 25 that he considered he taught he did not have a long term plan for and that is the most successful team around at the moment.

I cannot see Dublin winning AI with Rock and Fitzsimmons starting.

Slava Ukrainii

We would still need Deano for frees I think he still our best man for them .I don't expect us to win the AI this year and not with Dessie in charge . The next few years at this point look bleak enough in terms of winning the All Ire but sure nobody knows for certain how things will pan out .It looks like most of the golden generation will bow out after this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

jerome henry : the ennoch burke of the referees department, a mayo man that gets driven halfway across the country to a workplace he has no business' in !

tonight might be one example but i have seen a few with this lad he is chronic , i am not using it as an excuse for tonight , i just hate the guy and warn anyone here that might know dessie to object him in future games '

tonight ye looked leggy in the middle 2 quarters which i put down to heavey training , but it was that conditioning that got ye over the line tonight , 6 out of our last 7 scores came from turnovers in the dublin full back position where clare were attacking , the efficency of the team is still there , i would admit that midfield is a bit suspect , ye are doing a bit of a mcauly / francie belew job there at the moment not only breaking teams momentum but teams spines .....

in fairness the better team won but when you concede 6 unanswered last week and 7 this week to lose both games by a point you would be annoyed

here's some highlights for ye dubs too lazy on going to croker tonight but were planing on hitting the illac center for some dodgey bootleg highlights tomorrow , plus if anyone from TG4 or RTE ask you , we dont know each other or ever met ,,,,

Dodgy bootleg highlights in the Ilac. Ha that's a good one 😄

Derry destroying Kildare which is ominous for Dublin. The Derry match will be the first real test of Dublin, maybe they just haven't been bothered so far as they know they'll be fine in D2 but they really should be trying to beat Derry.

• Advertisement

At least Louth winning in Navan might give us the wiggle room now .Derry match is big we will get a real indicator of our form as to date we are almost certain to get beaten if we play as we have being .We know what is infront of us lets see can we produce something .

hard to know about next week up in dungiven , derry look very good but have not been tested a bit like last year in the championship they got to an all ireland semi final with only donegal asking questions of them , they dont look so formidable against the better teams but they are super fit , i couldnt believe how bad kildare were today though especially at home

hopefully our lads can do ye a favor against cork next week in ennis ,

Cavanagh on the Sunday game is in agreement with me he think Dublin are in serious trouble as there is nothing coming through and you cannot expect older players ( who normally work to a system) to really influence a game.

He thinks Mannion and McCaffery will struggle after being away from the game 2-4 years. He commented on too much looking back to older players to win games

Slava Ukrainii

bigest problem in dublin football is the fact that clubs are hell bent in bringing in as many outsiders as possible , underage has stalled also

Slava Ukrainii

ok i haven't seen it yet , was in croke pk last night i heard a lot of talk about it , one person from st judes i think told me they had 14 players from outside the county on the books , somthing crazy like that

All the talk of years of dominance was just that talk.Anybody who actually goes to games knew we had an exceptional squad of players on the scene at about the same time and was never going to last .GAA is not the be all and end all in Dublin so we will always be somewhat in the mix but are unlikely to repeat the recent incredible run any time soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Had they should still split Dublin in 2 we can have two teams in division 4 at this stage!

I was at the Clare match in croker and it reminded me an awful lot like the Kildare defeat last year. Something just doesn’t look right. Defence is porous , we are really easy to score against. Our attack looks disjointed , very little composure that was a hallmark of Gavin’s Dublin.

Is it too easy to say Farrell hasn’t the players? I think so , do Dublin have less individual quality players available then all the Connacht teams in division 1?

i thought Murchan and McCaffrey added much needed pace and urgency into the team when needed that effectively saved the game. Dublin were awful , particularly in second half until they came on.It wasn’t just that Clare sat back, did you see the speed of Murchan? After his first lightening strike forward Clare pushed back more and more.

I think Clare ran out of petrol late on that helped us along with the two lads that came on and ran at them .Now I underestimated Clare a bit but we had the players on the pitch to not have allowed the lead they got .I don't have much faith in the management and all the reasons have been posted by a few before .

• Advertisement

Did anyone see All Ire champions Kerry and our biggest rivals on Sat? Very poor performance following their no show in first half v Mayo.

I still think we have a good chance of winning the All Ireland this year. We will improve and perform to our best when it matters most. We still have a lot of quality all over the field. Performances have not been great but i wouldn't share the doom and gloom of many on here.

All Ire odds

Kerry 6/4 fav

Dub 2/1

Gal 8/1

Advertisement