Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bucks get it, Grant Williams slipped and lost the ball and it ended up in a clear path foul which ended it.

Great team performance from.the Celtics who were missing Tatum, Brown, Smart and Horford.

Holliday the difference for the Bucks with 40 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just because you’re winning doesn’t mean you’re playing well! I’m not saying they’re playing like sh*t, it was a relative statement in that Milwaukee are playing better and if they don’t pick it up they’ll lose the 1 seed. They’re not playing anywhere near as well as they were at the start of the season when they went 20-5…….that’s what I’m saying.

Home court was such a big day deference in the Bucks Celtics series last year and if both teams are healthy it will likely be this year too. After tonight the Bucks are 1 game behind and playing better - and they’ve had their own injuries to contend with too.

Of course I’m aware of the injuries! I’m a Celtics fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Karl Malone and Harold Miner as judges on the same Slam Dunk panel is a joke that writes itself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The bulls have yet to find the togs they can't sh1te. 24 points blown tonight, and now outside the play in. Time to stop spending my evenings watching I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Such a difference from last year with the same team, it's deflating watching them so can only imagine how they feel. Rumours that Zach wants out and Billy and owners want Russ. To be honest, I'd be up for any kind of move as it's just not working at the moment. They have players who are capable of high stats but it's so inconsistent and their defense is horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You’ll be called a hater because you are hating. He’s 38 years old and performing at a level no 38 year old ever has (third in transition scoring at this age is outrageous). He’s going to get banged up.

He’ll play in the All Star game because he played last night against the Pelicans.

The reach with you every time is the worst possible light to place LeBron in when a very normal thing like a 38 year old playing the most athletic sport in the world getting a knock occurs.

The Lakers probably need to go 15 - 8 over their last 23 games. To do that they’ll need a fully healthy LeBron and AD. So playing hurt when it can risk greater amounts of time out doesn’t make sense. Your post is pure garbage, as is any podcast giving serious credence to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Cavs buying out Love is surprising. Last I saw he was their 6th man and back up to Mobley and Allen.

i wouu you don’t listen to any of the following this week then as they’re all pure garbage then:

No Dunks

Open Floor

The Mismatch

Bill Simmons

Ryen Russillo

Dunc’d On

The Lowe Post

the Ringer NBA show

Greatest of All Talk (Sharp and Golliver)

All of the above questioned LeBron to various degrees this week. Some went way harder than I did on it. So all of those analysts are haters too are they?

if he didn’t score 38 and break the record last week you can bet your ass he’d have played in the next game (if it was in LA of course). 🙄

He injured his hand / finger and totally lost his shot. Before that I theres no way he'd have been bought out but the loss of shooting and total lack of defence mean hes probably washed. Great career though and should be kept around for a veteran presence.

I cringe when Zach forces up a clutch shot trying to play hero ball, he does it way too much.

• Advertisement

Yeah Levine has played really well the last whole, at a time when demar has been less effective, but he is clearly playing for himself and with a view to leaving, so many times he has made poor decisions to shoot when other better options were around. He wasn't doing that last year.

Beaming for Mac, brought life back into the dunk contest.

Some incredible dunks to be fair but I’m not overly comfortable with the 76ers giving him a 10 day contract so he could enter. Those of us on here for years know of McClung since high school. He’s an insanely athletic individual and a very good player by most standards, but he’s just a little shy of NBA talent. You have to admire the guy and his work ethic - after all the rejections he’s had. He’s tried out for so many teams and even got some game time but always comes up just a little short.

He’s a liability defensively because of his height, if he was 6’6” he’d probably be able to make a roster as a rotation guy.

Its a Two-Way contract I believe, and he was announced as competing as a G-Leaguer before they picked him up.

Apologies, I meant to say 2 day. And yes, you're also correct on the timing but it's all a bit of a fix and piggybacking off each other.

Not denying the dunks weren't incredible btw!

Jeez I just watched the Rising Stars game. While I know they're trying new things to try and revitalize All Star Saturday but this was just a step too far IMO. You have actual current NBA talent playing against G Leaguers and guys who aren't even in the League. Bit of a mess IMO.

Just on this - I'm fine with them opening it up to non-NBA players. personally I'd rather see someone like Jordan Kilgannon or some of the otehr pro dunkers in it if it makes it better, but at least call it what it is then (a dunk competition) and not a nods and wink dunk competition.

If McClung hadn't been in this year's competition it would have admittedly been pretty awful (a couple of dunks aside). It would be nice if he gets some NBA court time after this btw, and not just have him around taking up a roster spot just to do the dunk competition every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Thank god All Star weekend is over, such a waste of time but Iam probably cranky in my old age. I will say that was impressive dunking by McClung to be fair now back to the G-League for you

Kendrick Perkins has released his memoirs and not joking, it’s called “The Education of Kendrick Perkins”

• Advertisement

Pat Bev to the Bulls, will actually be good to get some passion on the court. Lonzo out for the rest of the season.

Lonzo out for the year officially. I’d be very worried if I was a Bulls fan on that from a long term perspective.

It's just bad luck but it does mean we are even more screwed long term than we thought. The team was built to compete immediately, which they haven't done, and they are going to struggle to figure out what to do with vuc and others. They'll be in a hole for years now and nothing to show for it. No reason for top free agents to ever want to come either. Can see the lines of Coby wanting to get out now as well, if he has any ambition to progress. The future is grim right now.

Bulls beat Nets 131 - 87. The Pat Bev era has begun :D

Every time I don't watch a game they end up having a stormer. So I'm not watching anymore.

Some scoreline from the Clippers and Kings game, second highest in NBA history.....Kings take it 176-175. I'm surprised no-one went for 50+.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Huge win for the Laker’s slim hopes. Were down 27 but real grit and nous the second half to complete the comeback. Vanderbilt provides the defensive length and athleticism they were sorely missing. AD looking like 2020 AD also.

Real playoff feel to the game, particularly in the 4th. Doncic wore down badly towards the end.

LeBron battled through an ankle injury second half and can’t afford to miss time…

Yeah, that was great to watch, serious determination, high stakes game.

Dallas blew that more than the Lakers won it.

battled through an ankle injury? He had a slight misplant, wasn’t even a roll. Exaggerate much?

can’t afford to miss time? When I said that 2 weeks ago I was a hater. 🙄

• Advertisement

Lillard joins the 70 club.

I’m not sure if it’s still like this but a few weeks ago there were 55 players in the NBA averaging 20 or more points per game. A decade ago that was 11. It’s crazy what’s happening to scoring.

Advertisement