Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Last time i was at Cliffs of Moher was 1996 on honeymoon, if i have known then what i know now i would have jumped off.

(only joking😁)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Having a good weekend.

Family party at folks house yesterday for sisters 50th, ordered take away and had cake (obviously!). Was lovely and chilled, adults gots to chat and cousins all entertained each other.

Relaxed today, took eldest to hockey and went for a cycle with Elf2. Home to watch the rugby and footie (go on you mighty reds!).

Just vegging on sofa watching Dancing on Ice.

Hope the little lad isn’t too bad with the old chopper, remember those days only too well!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In fairness aside from a couple of meltdowns each morning he actually is coping well. But long days as his naps haven’t been great.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’ve never been to the cliffs either. I need to get the finger out and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Dinner with the folks so always nice and the food in the hotel was very good.

On a sad note my Dads brother is going down hill with cancer and he might not see Paddy's Day so obviously my Father was a bit subdued, he'll really close to him as they are only a year apart in age and really grew up together.

I am close to my own brother so can't begin to think of what he is going through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

That’s actually something I want to do a bit more of this year - all those places/tourist attractions around Ireland that I haven’t gotten around to visiting myself - an Irish bucket list if you can call it, tick them all off & make some memories.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What a great idea! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry to hear that @BK5 ♥️♥️

I’ve been to the cliffs of moher a few times 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I didn't get a chance to do a staycation during lockdown, and definitely felt like I was missing out. If only you could guarantee some good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Second week of June (leaving cert weather) or first week of September (back to school weather)

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that @BK5 the big C has had an impact on my family over the years. All you can do is support your Dad when the time comes and I'm sure he'll look back with very fond memories of his brother.

I think we might be doing one this year as planning a big holiday next year. Are so many great places to go and as you said it just the guaranteed weather that is the issue.

I cannot believe how bright it was at 6.45am this morning. Summer is a coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Not so bright today as yesterday but still dry! We went to Clogerhead yesterday & it was like another country, no wind, sun shining down, tide coming in, it was only fab. Could have stayed the day there but had to go home to get ready for the week. Mr. CL was chomping at the bit to get the grass cut :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sorry to hear that @BK5

have been through cancer far too many times over the years with my mother currently struggling through thyroid cancer, its truly a heart-breaking condition & my heart goes out to any family battling it. Fingers crossed your family at least get the time to say goodbye properly as that can be a huge help when starting the grieving process.

Best wishes to you all.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The Beast from the East kicked off with a light dusting 5 years today. I still vividly remember it, going to Tesco to get Burger Buns for my dinner to see empty shelves and freezers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I remember walking home from the pub with a friend and it just started snowing on top of us. Great memories.

I love WFH, but I'll never get another snow day because of it.

I literally only just said the same thing, I'd love another 3 days of snow like it, but with WFH nothing would change haha.

Covid has unfortunately ensured that there'll be no snow days off work for me again. But looking back that few days in 2018 were such a pleasant surprise. We had a ball, Christmas FM coming back for a day was another surprise.

FTR Christmas FM will return to our airwaves 39 weeks tomorrow!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

39 weeks nice! 270 days to the tree goes back up... not too bad haha

ChristmasFM returning for one day during the beast was some craic and very fitting.

• Advertisement

Is great isn't it. I always find getting up out of bed that bit easier when its light out.

Post edited by TRS30 on

It certainly makes the dog walk that bit easier I can see where I'm going haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Middle elf was in the bed beside me this morning when suddenly, he sat up all alarmed "Mam, we need to get up, it's bright out!" It was 7.05am 😀

Day 300 on the countdown today, so tomorrow we're into the 200's!! The first proper milestone on the countdown!!

Chilly one out there. Looking at the weather forecast for the next few days and looks to continue to be on the cool side. Don't mind too much once it stays dry.

Yeah its visibly getting brighter earlier in the mornings now & later in the evenings too. It was daylight leaving the office yesterday & still not dark by the time I got home, so it wont be long before its daylight getting home too, the clocks going forward in a few weeks will help the evenings hugely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I thought it was noticeably colder yesterday, and with no sun, today feels even colder again. As you said though, once it's dry, I don't mind so much. Wrap up well and you can still get outside to do stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Can't believe this is the last day of February guys! I wish this year would just slow down a good bit. It's going way too fast imo! That being said we're warping towards Christmas. It's great to see the brighter evenings and we've the clocks going forward 1 hour on Sunday March 26th at 02:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Finished off a bag of Quality Street Strawberry Delights about an hour ago. Think there is still a box of Lindt chocolates left in the house from Christmas.

Was asking a friend in work to guess what tomorrow is and he straight away said to me " it must be Christmas related you freak "😄

Of course he was right, only 299 days to go!!

• Advertisement

There's worse things you can have a reputation for 😁

Advertisement