Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erinjean

Hey guys I’m in Batch 9 is there a WhatsApp group set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

Hi guys, having a bit of difficulty with understanding form b. I have it typed and finished. Does it now have to be printed and a passport photo put on front page and then scanned to computer to email off or how exactly does it work ? Appreciate any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

I took a picture of myself like a passport one but off my phone sent it to my email downloaded it to computer and cropped it on and they said it was fine,

that is the easiest way I’d say,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Arkyy

No but got emails saying they will get back in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JD2913

Hi I seen on this before someone was making a WhatsApp for batch 4. If someone has made one will you message me and il send on my number to join it. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

Any one get called for PCT on this Thursday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bf79212

Hi lads, I have my interview coming up. Other than the competency questions, What are some other questions ye were asked that would be worth preparing for just incase they might ask? And would ye have any tips or advice ahead of the interview. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Be ready to show em your motivation for being a garda. they will interrupt you while your giving out competency examples, dont be worrying about the interruptions they do it to all candidates to get the most info within the time frame. You could be asked scenerio based questions too apart from competency so make sure you have a basic knowledge on how a Garda should act in situations while on duty. for competency questions they might ask what u learned from each competency example at the end so make sure u know what to answer. Apart from it just relax and show off as much as you can. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bf79212

Thanks for that :)

Also if successful, how long after you get your results are you called for the PCT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NR9712

well Lads, can whoever set up the WhatsApp for batch 8 give me a DM to be added please? Thank you!😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Query101

Whats the story with deferring the fitness test? Do you just email after you get your appointment or?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynch1990

Hi guys,

Typically what is the average waiting time after completing the reporting writing exercise to receiving a response of your results?

I had to resit the exercise due to a technical error. The video kept playing multiple times.

Cheers.

Post edited by lynch1990 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erinjean

Hey guys do anyone know how long after the interview you know you passed it

Result usually issued 1 week after the last day of interviews in that batch. once received results, pct is approx 2 weeks after

• Registered Users Posts: 44 shovtco

Anyone get any results for the report writing ? Done about 5 weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rossieboy20

Can whoever set up the WhatsApp group for batch 8 give me a dm please! I’d like to be added to it, thanks😀

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Hey I’m still waiting on mine also. They sent a message out last week saying they’ll be going by OOM scoring if you pass or failed . So depending on your OOM probably will be the length of wait.. I’m in 2800’so..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 shovtco

I am in 2600's so could have a very long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thestar99

Anyone have an interview yesterday? How did ye find it?

No I did the report writing 5 weeks ago too. I had to resit due to a technical error. I’m guessing it takes a few weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

Did anyone have any experience deferring the pct due to injury ? Pulled my calf playing football, hope to have it sorted in 4 weeks, just wondering how often the dates become available

Anyone whos done medical, what exactly is checked? tia

Results stage 2 out! Delighted to have passed !

• Registered Users Posts: 8 garethoreilly

Just got the email that I've passed stage 2, whats these batch numbers all about? Im batch 10 anyway

Just found this thread, taking ages to go through 70 pages but something interesting pops up every couple pages!!

Well done! Did you receive a score or just a pass criteria?

Does your ranking number change based on how well you do in stage 2? Not too sure how the system works.

Congrats again, start cracking on with the interview preparation now! ;)

Hey Lynch !

no you just receive a message stating if you’ve passed ! OOM is still the same as. Yes, definitely I’ll prepare for it. I sat the interview back in 2018 & failed by 2 marks! Wasn’t hard just wasn’t prepared!

here’s hoping..

hope you get good news

• Registered Users Posts: 12 munster212

Did the medical recently and the doctor was happy out with everything on the day. Obviously was told that they can’t deem me fit or not but everything was perfect and nothing to worry about so I’m delighted however just wondering how long it takes to hear back from Occupational Health? I’ve heard some people waiting a long time but generally that’s due to them needing more info from the GP etc which I don’t have to worry about so what’s the timeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 munster212

Anyone who wants to be added feel free to DM me. Over 50 in the group so far 👌🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

I was the same as you, told everything was okay on the day and I got the email from occupational health 3 weeks later saying I was deemed medically fit. @munster212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Basically your put into batches depending on your results from stage 1 and 2 and then they call each batch to the next stage as they go through them batch one are the best results and it goes that way

Advertisement