Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering KBC mortgage with Mortgage Viewer Issue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Yeah, I got all the useless comms including the latest. Except the letter that you say had some crucial info in it. I can't tell you how many letters I got with the little brochure that had no actual info. The only one I didn't get is the useful one. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭Daith

From what I can tell, people who were still paying their mortgage via their KBC account number got a Comms 4 letter. I think if you had changed you're direct debit to somewhere else, you just got a Comms 4 email but that didn't include the BOI mortgage number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

The issue with mortgage protection is that it will be assigned to KBC unless reassigned (we had to sign an assignment of life policy when switching to KBC last time). It will still be in place but if anything went wrong the money would go to the wrong bank. Perhaps there is some other legal mechanism to reassign it on our behalf. There was a line “as beneficial owner(s), assign unto the Lender, its successors and assigns, the policy(ies) of assurance described in the Schedule hereto”, which suggests that it can be moved on?

Another one here with a Comms 4 email and no account number.

Well, that blows that theory out of the water.

I've no idea why BOI decided some people get a Comms 4 by letter with their BOI mortgage account number and some got a a Comms 4 by email with no BOI mortgage number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

People getting bothered for no reason.

Just because a call centre person in an insurance company says something, people take it as gospel.

Did that person understand the transfer process and also how mortgage protection works? I doubt it very much.

Your mortgage is still the same. Same terms and conditions. There will be a link internally with your KBC account number. There is no issue whatsoever with mortgage insurance as you have not actually changed mortgage. It's simply a new owner/manager of the mortgage but it's the same mortgage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi all,

We have escalated the above queries and we will come back to you once we have an update.

We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Declan

I just looked back over the "communications" I received.

My Communication 3 letter included my new BOI mortgage number. But on re-reading it also says:

"Your KBC mortgage offer letter says your repayment is to be made by direct debit on the 1st of each month. However KBC have advised us that you often make your monthly repayment on another date [correct - the 28th] and not by direct debit"

But I do have a direct debit set up, from my PTSB Current Account. So I'm totally flummoxed now.

But that explains why they sent me a direct debit mandate form and a "request to change payment date" form. My direct debit from PTSB obviously hasn't been transferred over.

Oh. I had switched to paying my KBC mortgage via my PTSB account last year in advance of this. It should have been a straight direct debit transfer to BOI but my mortgage still hasn't been taken. They've definitely made a bit of a mess with this.

Hi Loueze/Daith,

If you pay by direct debit

If you made your KBC mortgage repayments by direct debit, you don’t need to take any action, as your direct debit automatically transferred to BOI when your mortgage loan did. If you changed your current account provider, please ensure your direct debit details are updated with BOI.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you pay by direct debit and had an agreement with KBC to repay your mortgage loan(s) on the 8th, 16th or 28th of each month (a repayment date NOT set out in your original mortgage loan offer letter) you still have the option to change your repayment date to a date of your choice.

If you wish to change your repayment date with BOI from March 2023, you must complete and return the Change of Mortgage Loan Repayment Date form to the address below, quoting your new BOI mortgage reference number(s). To get your new BOI mortgage reference number(s), you can contact the Bank of Ireland KBC Transition Support team on 0818 210 290 from the service transfer date.

Return your Change of Mortgage Loan Repayment Date for to the following address:

Mortgage Accounts administration

Bank of Ireland Mortgages

PO Box 13298

Cabinteely

Dublin 18

D18 RP20

Ireland

Please note: It takes 14 working days for us to change your repayment date.

If you don’t pay by direct debit

Please see our FAQ “What if I don’t make my mortgage repayments by direct debit ?” for more detail see here Mortgages FAQ's KBC Customer Support - Bank of Ireland. Please contact the Bank of Ireland KBC Transition Support team on 0818 210 290 for further support.

Due to a technical issue, some Direct Debits for the February mortgage repayment were not debited from accounts.

We will debit this repayment in the coming days. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. Rest assured you will not owe any additional interest or charges due to this error. If you need any further advice on this, our Mortgage team can be contacted on 016113333 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement

Hi Declan,

Thanks for the message, technically, it says I shouldn't have had to do anything?

But I did get a DD mandate posted out, and a change of date form. I returned those forms in early February for setup for the March payment, but don't know why I received them when I had a dd in place.

Anyway, we'll see tomorrow if my dd comes out of my PTSB account or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

I haven't received anything from BOI. Mortgage always goes out on the first, reading the above I don't have to do anything. KBC current account is still active and that's the account we pay our mortgage from.

I can see why Irish banks and their apps will be left in the dust with all this messing.

Okay, well I just checked my PTSB current Account.

My mortgage payment was deducted, but not by BOI.

It was deducted by KBC. With my old KBC mortgage account number as the reference.

Great. I will have to ring BOI in the morning, as I presume this payment won't go to them.

🤦 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

If that happens for me I'm considering it paid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Any chance you have a standing order set up instead of a direct debit?

Post edited by G_R on

So update on the above:

I called the BOI/KBC Transition Support Team and was advised that even though the payment was taken by KBC it will be credited / transferred over to BOI (though I will be checking on Mortgage Viewer to make sure this happens.)

I also have to make sure that I cancel the KBC dd before next month's payment is due to be taken. (Just did that, through my PTSB banking app).

FYI - if you want to call the BOI/KBC Transition Support Line without incurring call charges, instead of calling the O818 number, call 01-2500305. It puts you through to the same place.

Hi,

Happy to see you have received the assistance needed.

Appreciate the time taken to update here,

Alison

Update:

I just received the Comms #4 Letter, 3 weeks after the useless Comms #4 email.

So now I know my BOI mortgage ref number. Woohooo :)

Yeah got that too. It would have helped if people just said letters were going to be sent out and not the whole Comms 4 by email or by letter type deal. I know personally I just like to be sure of everything, but at least it's mostly done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

So in order to change direct debit for my former KBC mortgage from my soon to be disappeared KBC current account, BOI requires customers to print and send by post a direct debit. Two costs to the customer (even if immensely minimal) and a medium complexity customer journey which some people will mess up - not least as two separate mandates are available on their site due to separate creditor identifiers. Surely it would be in everyone's interest if BOI didn't live in the dark ages and allowed Direct Debit details to be changed online and / or over the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Along with the new mortgage number, make sure your surname is exactly as it is on the letter header

Caps on & off is not the same - it must match exactly for the viewer to work. (case sensitive)

Got my Comm 4 letter & worked when I used all caps for my surname as the letter header had.

Note :Email comm 4 does NOT have your new BOI morthgage number.

It was not until I got the posted comm4 letter that had the new BOI mortgage number

They used Comm4 twice causing alot of unnessary confusion.

Letter only arrived 1/3/23 so alot probably have yet to got these, which are needed to use the viewer.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi griffdlk,

Thanks for your post.

We do require a direct debit mandate form to be completed, with your new current account details, and returned to us using the Freepost envelope you received in a communication we sent you (Communication 3). If you have misplaced this envelope please send it to us at the following address:

Mortgage Accounts administration

Bank of Ireland Mortgages

PO Box 13298

Cabinteely

Dublin 18

D18 RP20

Ireland

Please note, it takes 14 working days to put your direct debit in place on your new current account. We'll ensure to pass on your feedback about this.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

Hi Tara

Only seeing this post now. I've already setup my direct debit successfully. Before I posted here originally I had rang your customer service and was specifically told that the address was not freepost. So I bought a stamp. I also never received communication 3. I received 2 of your four communications in total so I was unaware of your envelop situation, hence I bought an envelop when I went to buy the stamp. Do you think if myself and everyone else who was misinformed were to ring through that BOI would reduce the mortgages for us all by the €1.25 for the stamp and the ~€0.30 for the envelop that we spent unnecessarily? That'd be a nice gesture now wouldn't it.

Thanks

Hi there, sorry to hear about your experience.

If you wish to log your feedback or complaint in regards to this please see below:

Customer Feedback & Complaints Process - Bank of Ireland Group Website

Many thanks, Anna

Advertisement