Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to move mortgage direct debit mandate from KBC to BOI?

Options
  • 24-02-2023 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My mortgage has just moved from KBC to BOI.

I have a current account with both BOI and KBC.

My mortgage payment is currently taken out of my KBC account, I want to move the DD to come out of my BOI account.

In the BOI app, there is only the option to cancel, refuse, reactivate or block/unblock a DD; not to set one up.

When I rang KBC, they said that I need to speak to BOI about setting up a new DD mandate.

When I rang BOI, they said that they didn't have the information about my mortgage that they need to be able to set up a mortgage DD for me.

Can someone please explain how I'm meant to proceed, the same thing happened to my sister when she tried to ring and ask the same questions.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Aoife, thanks for getting in touch with us.

Sorry to see this.

Have you received the new BOI reference numbers for your mortgage in Comms 3 or 4 sent by Bank of Ireland?

Many thanks, Alison.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AoifeD1988

Thanks for replying. Yes I can see in comms 4 it says 'your loan a/c XXX moved from KBC to BOI on 03 02 2023'?

Thanks for this Aoife.

We have a list of amendments within the link below.

You can complete a new DD form for the mortgage to come from a different account. You can post this form to the address within the link.

Hoping this helps.

Alison

Thanks - can I ask about that form:

From when I post it in, how long does it take to be processed? What I'm wondering is when do I cancel the KBC one so there's not a duplicate payment?

Or is it that once I send in that form, you'll automatically transfer the mortgage payment from the KBC a/c I'm currently paying from (which I don't seem to need to specify on the form, but I guess is linked to the mortgage reference number), to the BOI a/c I specify on the form?

Also I can see there are separate forms for whether you have a 7 or 8 digit mortgage number. if I have e.g. 1234567/1 ; is that 7 or 8 digits (i.e. do I include the 1 at the end as an 8th digit)?

Thanks again

Hi Aoife,

Thanks for checking back.

It takes up to 2 weeks for the direct debit to update to new account details. As only 1 DD can be in place, it will replace the old automatically with the new details on the form you send.

If you have the letter, as far as we are aware the KBC mortgage account numbers include a /

This is not your new BOI reference. For the new mortgage details, you can call 0818 210 290 and select option for Mortgage. When speaking with Advisor, you can provide them with the KBC old reference number and they can convert and provide you with the new BOI reference needed for the form.

Team is available 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) or +353 1 250 0305 (if calling from outside Ireland). From 4 February to 25 March our support team will be available on Saturdays 10am-2pm

Hoping this helps,

Many thanks, Alison

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil - just to mention that I've rang that number with option Mortgage twice this morning (once for the initial query, and then once for just there to transfer the number over).

Both times they said they weren't able to answer my query, this time though they took my number and said someone would call me back.

Can I ask - would you know what number they'd be calling back from (or at least, the start of the number, is it the same as above)? I would never usually want to give any bank-related details at all to anyone over the phone, I would rather ring them than have them ring me because i'm not going to know if they're genuine (I do get spam calls, my most recent one from KBC was very convincing)?

Thanks for the help,

Aoife

Hi Aoife, we will link in with the Team and come back to you here.

Thanks, Alison

Hi Aoife, just checking back with you.

They will call from +35314044000

Hoping this helps, Alison

Thanks a mil - just to mention that in the meantime, I've gone through our BOI comms and the KBC number (i.e. a 7 digit mortgage number with a '/1' at the end) is the only way our mortgage is referenced on BOI correspondence (let me know if there's an email address I can forward an example to if you want to see it).

Thanks

Aoife

You're so welcome.

It seems emails will have just the KBC old reference on them.

Thanks so much for highlighting with us here.

If you have any future queries, feel free to check in with us for guidance.

Many thanks, Alison

• Advertisement

As posted on the other thread, (mortgage viewer)

My mortgage direct debit was taken from my PTSB bank account today (28th) but the payment was deducted by KBC as the originator, not BOI, and has my old KBC mortgage account number as the transaction reference.

Will this payment be credited to BOI?

So update:

I called the BOI/KBC Transition line and was advised that even though the payment was taken by KBC it will be credited / transferred to BOI.

Though I have to make sure that I cancel the KBC dd before next month is due.

(FYI - if you want to call the BOI/KBC Transition line without incurring call charges, as its an O818 number, call 01-2500305)

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the update this morning, happy to see you have received the necessary support.

Many thanks, Alison

I'm having a different experience regarding support :)

(That's not aimed at you Alison, I appreciate it). No one ever called me back from my three calls (one the previous week, 2 on Friday). Then I sent a message through the app just asking for communication 4 + 5 to be re-sent out to me (since on a printed letter I have from BOI, it's still my KBC ref number)....and I was told to call the same number again. So I've called the number for the 4th time, and they only took my account number, I have little faith.

Hi Alison,

Can I just ask you - I've just received communication 4 in the post today. So I have communications 2,3 and 4 in front of me on paper:

Communication 2: about my mortgage, but the loan account reference is a KBC number(a 7 digit number and then /1 at the end of it)

Communication 3: A letter about deposit a/cs - no mortgage number

Communication 4: A credit card letter - no mortgage number

Communication 5: I only received communication 4 today, is there a delay on sending out 5/will that definitely be a letter referencing my mortgage ref number on it?

.....and then I have an email communication from BOI about my mortgage, with my old KBC number on it too (ending in '/1'). So I definitely don't have any BOI mortgage reference number sent out to me (and from 4 non-solved calls to the transition centre, I presume no way of getting them to ring me with one). Are you able to say when communication 5 will be sent out?

Thanks.

Hi Aoife, thanks for checking back with us.

So sorry, please be assured the Team will reach out to you with the necessary account details.

We have a number of communications sent to customers for each product you hold with us.

Some customers will have received Mortgage Communication no. 4 by letter with new BOI reference numbers or Communication 4 by email with the KBC reference.

We are not aware of any Communication no.5 for Mortgages. The Communications 4 email will have the KBC reference and a colleague will call you with this information. Apologies, we understand you have been awaiting the call.

Many thanks, Alison

Advertisement