If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Sale

• 23-02-2023 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi guys I see there is a flash sale on the Richer Sounds.com site are you matching it? I'm looking at the Benq w1800 or Optoma UHZ50.Also is the Bluesound Node part of the sale? thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Rigante82

Thanks for the post. We are doing the same promotion as the .com site. The offers should all be up on the .ie site. The Flash deals are only on the Sterling prices

If I can be of any further help please let me know

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Rigante82

Thanks for the reply,

Is there a big difference between the Benq and the Optoma? Price wise theyre a good bit apart and the Benq is very well reviewed.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Rigante82.

There is a massive difference between the two.

The Optoma is a laser projector for starters which make a significant difference to the image quality. It is also a smart projector and has an extra HDMI input.

The Benq at is price point is excellent and it is 5 start reviewed.

Thanks Kenny,

The Optoma is just out of my price range at the moment, whats your opinion on the Benq w2700 vs the w1800?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Rigante82,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The brightness is similar on each but the W2700 has a higher contrast ratio and better processor so would definitely be the better picture over the W1800.L

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

I see on the website that there is an Optoma Cinemax P2 ex demo. Can you tell me what condition it's in and what hours are on it? Also does it need an ALR screen or can any screen work with it? Also finally could the price for it come in line with the W2700 we mentioned above (£1199)?I had bought a Lightspeed fibre HDMI from yourselves to use with a traditional projector so not sure its worth changing to the UST Optoma at the listed price.

thanks

Hi Rigante82.

The ex-display P2 is in perfect condition and has 476 hours on it.

I can offer it at 1579 Euro delivered.

It does not need a ALR screen to be used but it will help if you use one and it will make the image even better. We used it with a normal screen here at the store but you need to ensure there are no ripples at all when viewing.

The lightspeed you purchased can run 4K & 8K so it would have no issues with the P2.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny,

The price and the screen for it are still concerns for me but it is a good machine.The issue with the lightspeed is that I bought it thinking I'd need it for a long run from my receiver to the ceiling mounted projector but if I went with the Optoma there'd be no need for such an expensive cable when I'd get a good one for much less for the shorter distance.

Hey Rigante82.

Ahh I see what you mean on the Lightspeed.

It a tough choice between short throw and standard throw.....

Thanks Kenny

• Advertisement

You are more than welcome Rigante82 :)

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.