Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 karenob1

Hi can I ask you a question .

I have hoildays booked in June for 2weeks . Do you think there will be an issue taking them .its not an option to cancel. As I won't get a refund..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There shouldn't be any issue in booking holidays in the Civil Service. If you had a start date in June and you are due to go; you could tell them you have holidays booked and it would probably be accommodated. You have no way of knowing you would start on or before, they have no way of knowing you've booked holidays - it will be a non-issue.

Thank you .

I don't want anything to mess this up on me.

@karenob1

It will be 100% ok to take your holiday in June.

Best of luck with new position and enjoy the holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

Hi, I’m the same. Do you think it would be best to tell them when I start or email before ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Not at all. I work in the, public sector and usually have days left over at the end of the year (which you can push), but find myself being actively encouraged to take them by management. Any time I've told them I don't want to impact service or that multiple deadlines are due around the time I might take, I basically get told to shut up, and go and book myself some time abnd they'll figure out a way to work around it.

Best for you to double check of course but I'd be very, very surprised if there were any issue whatsoever.

The panelling/hiring process is a pain for managers looking to take on staff and FAR more cumbersome than in private. They won't go back through thar again when they can just work around your absence instead briefly. But as another poster said, email them earlier rather than later just so they cnlan plan around it if that happens to be a busy time for them.

I am still waiting to get a start date . I done the garda clearance and my references have been sent in . I also work in the public sector and I told my manager I would be leaving but I can't give notice until I get a start date . I am hoping I will hear soon. Its going on 2 weeks now since references went in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Did it ever happen to anyone on the morning of their interview that they got a message on Public Jobs informing them that their interview was cancelled?

Did it take long after that to get a reschedule?

Will there be another CO campaign for 2023 later on in the year? Seriously undecided on taking the assignment I have been given and would have no problem waiting for another campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

I'm sure its not but the role I've been given doesn't suit me.

Think very hard about letting this go.

I heard the revenue is a great place to work for . And you can always further yourself and go higher. You have an opportunity to do it .

For my experience I'm working in Dublin working shifts and for the last 16 years commuting it takes a toll on you. I'm doing a job I love .but at this stage family life is coming first now.

I wish you all the best in whatever you decide..

Thanks, my current job is a 5 min drive Monday to Friday, its a tough decision.

@bichonfrise7

It's a personal choice but won't make any difference. You will be entitled to take leave and it doesn't have to be booked too far in advance.

In theory you should be in your role well before June.

It honestly isn't an issue.

@Iseedeadpixels

In theory 2025 is the next competition. Panels run for 2 years unless they run out of candidates to hire early but I doubt it considering internal competitions are happening and the hiring into positions are taken from both panels, simultaneously.

It could be a tougher competition next time. E- tray could be reintroduced and situational questions.

And no one can predict if the government could put another recruitment freeze, if recession hits bad.

Best of luck with your decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Did it ever happen to anyone on the morning of their interview that they got a message on Public Jobs informing them that their interview was cancelled?

Did it take long after that to get a reschedule?

This is the message;

Competition Name: Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2022

Competition ID:

Candidate ID:​

Dear (My Name),

Due to unforeseen circumstances, your Interview Board today has been

cancelled. A reschedule will be organised for you as soon as possible and

we will be in touch with further details once available.​

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.​

Kind regards,

Gill Brady

Competition Manager

Public Appointments Service

Post edited by I am me123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

Hi I got notified passed interview but no OOM yet. When is this panel due due expire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭shmeee

Revenue workers on phones are and can WFH. You're provided with the equipment required.

And may help @Iseedeadpixels

Revenue phone lines for PAYE operate 9.30am - 1.30pm only. Have you been told your on phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Daisyflower123

Your order of merit should on your assessment results

• Advertisement

comment deleted

Post edited by torn-between-jobs on

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

No said oom not available. I passed interview but no OOM yet. When is this panel closed

That’s weird…. When you did your online assessment, did you get an OOM in the message that said you passed it (few months ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 SimoneVe

Thanks for the information, I am still waiting to hear from PAS re clearance process, I am not from Dublin , that’s why I am trying to get more information in case will be assigned to the Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GinaMc2021

Hi all, I just have some queries regarding the CO placements in Revenue, I hope someone may be able to help please. My wife was placed in Revenue and due to start the end of March, Revenue are very slow at answering emails. Is there any remote training or is all of it face to face in O'Connell St for the 6 month training period?

Also, is it a possibility to reschedule the start date, has anyone been given a start date after March?

Lastly, have people been given their actual section, she was told O'Connell St and no more responses since!!

Thanks in advance for any information.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GinaMc2021

Hi @Iseedeadpixels do you mind me asking where you got, even via PM if you dont want to post publicly, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Received my placement today, took a few weeks after sending off my preclerance.

How long does it take to get a start date now generally?

Can I ask you . Do they ring you or email you . And how long did you have to wait when you sent in your reference ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭raheny red

Congrats & best of luck. What OOM are you roughly? Apologies if I've asked you already.

Advertisement