Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan primary schools?

Options
  • 28-02-2023 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Looking to place a boy just doing a bit of research and need a bit of the locals advice. What are the better / worse schools in Lucan I should watch out for?

No preference catholic vs not. Mixed or single sex (boys).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

First thing to consider is what secondary school you want the kid to go to, as the primary school will have a big factor in it

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Yeah I've two I'd aim for, either the Coláiste Cois Life or Lucan Community College. Both seem decent and I'm between/equal distance to both so no difference there, the first is of course Irish heavy but I'm not sure if I see that as a positive or a negative.

For lucan community school u need a feeder and even then your not 100%. As some found out this year.

Irish school you are sure of getting in if u go to the primary

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Kurooi

That's solid advice. I'm not overly familiar with the idea of feeders. If I was to lean towards the Coláiste Cois Life do I need to look into a specific pre-school?

You will probably need the Irish primary school. Ring the secondary school and they should be able to help

• Advertisement
Advertisement