Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 transfer thread - Liverpool out. Triple up I said, be grand I said.

Options
  • 25-02-2023 10:46pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Darwin out first, will consider Gapko out for a hit.

May hold TAA for a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nunez is a better keep than Gakpo IMO, especially if he's fit.

Also Gakpo is an easier sell because of the range of good MIDs, and he's not a great FPL option yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

A LOT depends on the Fulham vs Leeds FA Cup match. Really need Leeds to win and I'll have 9 players (+transfers) for the BGW28. If that happens I have luxury of possibly bringing in Estupiñán this GW.

Otherwise, if Leeds lose, I will have 7 players. Ideally I want to use my FH in DGW29. IF I end up having 7 players, I could just dump Kane+Andreas and play with 9 players in BGW28. I have no idea if that is a wise choice or not. A lot of planning is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, the cup games will more or less decide my chip strategy for the rest of the season. Time to break out the Excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

What are the expected teams thats gonna blank in BGW28?

Looking at the fixture list, theres still 10 match schedule.

Definitely ON:

NFO - NEW

AVL v BOU

CHE v EVE

ARS v CRY

Nearly guaranteed to be off:

BRE v LEI

SOU v TOT

BHA v MUN

MCI v WHU

Then one of the following two will go definitely go ahead, the other will definitely not;

LIV v FUL

WOL v LEE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Thank you. Need to comfirm the fixture list before setting up my team.

Looking at this though, probably FH28 and BB29 is the best option.

Luckily we'll know by Weds evening (no cup replays, thank feck).

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mindhorn

Trying to plan ahead and thinking of using the FH in GW28. Maybe BB in GW29. It'll depend on the results on Wednesday but I'm presuming Liverpool will blank in GW28. Thinking of bringing in some Brentford and Brighton players ahead of their DGWs in 27 and 29.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was thinking of free hitting in 28 but those fixtures look rubbish if all the off fixtures stay off. The doubles either side of it make it tricky though. Some of the teams doubling in 27 and 29, blank in 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I'm the same, tried to make a free hit team at the weekend of teams with games, could easily get 11 players and end up with 30 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Might go Coufal out for Henry of Brentford to take advantage of them having a lot of games over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I think I’ll be happy enough to have 8 or maybe 9 players in GW28 and maybe try and attack GW29 with the Free Hit (though I’m not sure if the fixtures that week are actually too great either despite all the doubles). Have already used Bench Boost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Leaning the same way. Not a fan of WC before GW29. The international break between 28 and 29 worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Coufal out but also taking a hit to replace Nketiah. Bringing in Zinchenko and Mbeumo for my first -4 of the season.

I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth keeping Trent for that game in 27 v Bournemouth. If it's not worth it, I can sell him this week. I'll sell him in 28 anyways cos of the bad run Liverpool have.

Even though I want to get Toney in, I can only do him if I sell Darwin, who I am still reluctant to sell also as he looks dangerous. He was unlucky that his goal was VAR'd out last night.

I really want to sell Gakpo though as his one week punt didn't pay off. Pity that Brentford don't have any good MIDs, so I might just bring in another Brighton MID instead. Or reverse the Rashford transfer and bring him in again. Only Brentford have a game in 28 here though. Which leads me to Maddison, but questions still linger over his fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone selling Salah this week ahead of his blank in GW28? Utd fairly solid at the back and he's not playing great anyways. Looking at Son but Spurs seem dire and have Kane already

Son seems to have lost his place though, hasn’t started the last 2 I think

Fair play to you for being so patient with Darwin but surely the time has come for people to sell him. He’s been looking dangerous for a long time now with very limited returns

5 returns in his last 5 games (if you include Real Madrid game). 2 G & 1 A in his last 4 PL games. He hit the bar in the other.

Shaw generally used to play well against Salah but recently Salah has a great record against Man Utd. He has 9 goals & 2 assists in his last 5 games against Man Utd. Bournemouth in 27. Liverpool haven't got a single penalty this season. I think they are the only team without one. Might be due one.....!

I don't own him, so I'm not sure what I would do. On the other hand, it's probably a good week to sell because of the difficult fixture and upcoming blank. Arsenal assets can cover Salah in 27 probably. Maybe Nunez if you own him.

I've been ok with him in terms of returns. Not great, but ticked along. Averaged out, it's just under 5 per game. Only one haul is the issue here, and I'm sure there was proabably someone else who has scored more. He is my 3rd striker though as I also have Kane & Haaland.

I held for the double (where he should have returned but for VAR) and I'll hold for Bournemouth, but he is gone then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm toying with these options:

A) Play Salah and Gnonto

B) Take a -4 for Salah and Gnonto -> Mitoma and Toney

Can't afford Gnonto ->Toney individually. Also have a Bueno problem but he'll likely be Brentford or Brighton next week

Yeah that’s fair enough if he’s your 3rd striker. If I had him I might consider holding too but I think the biggest problem with him is his price. Toney or Watkins probably return more and leave an extra 1-1.5 for midfield where lots of players are returning well.

Post edited by Newbie20 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I think I won't do a transfer this week, leaving me 2 for next week. Any thoughts?

There's so many competitive clashes, it could be a low scoring week all round...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mindhorn

I'd probably play Tarkowski instead of Ream or Kilman. Much of a muchness though.

If you were on FH this week, who would you think scores the most points this GW from these 3?

Rashford vs Liverpool

Mahrez vs Newcastle

Foden vs Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

WC Active, had to go with it, too many flags and doubts this GW so couldn't chance it as was looking at fielding maybe 10. So roughly 9/10 transfers so made.

And this is what I came up with over a curry - 75% similar to most WC drafts. 760k rank so went a bit left field with 3 Arsenals Mid as couldn't pick 2. And I pure negative on Martinelli the last few weeks. 2/3m still in bank and benching Mitoma seems like a sin! This could all change tomorrow.

*It's changing by the minute. What 3 Brighton players do you pick.

2nd option as of now:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I prefer your 2nd option. 3 mids from the same team, regardless of form, will limit your points.

I'd play Raya instead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

There at moment and March is now MacAllister and may change again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Resisted the urge to wildcard and just did Shaw to Mee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m either a genius or an idiot (probably the latter!) but not only am I not using the WC, I’m banking the transfer!

Advertisement