Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Butter that's too hard to spread. Instant rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

An old friend of mine announced on social media that he’s being treated for cancer… booked in for a course of chemo, the whole bit.

a very heartfelt honest post about his prognosis, fears, future etc…. Looks like a decent prognosis by what he writes but….not a nice thing to be dealing with.

i haven’t seen him in a few years what with covid and him living in Yorkshire but he’s a generous soul, life and soul of any night out, and a kind lad.

the TA is probably related to my inability to know what to say, sound too blasé and it sounds like you don’t care, say something too profound and it’s like a bit dramatic..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My phone's increasing tendency to autocorrect perfectly correct words to something else. Eh, no, I did mean to type "were" and not "we're", thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

when you go for a nap and then enter into a deep sleep where you could stay in bed for the rest of the day/night.. but could only be a nap - between work and theatre.. grr.. have a slight headache now.. but woo hoo live theatre again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

No - we never went down that route. She will be 10 this year and we have had her since she was a year old. Probably should have done something before now. She always goes over a wall into fields when she's let out. Did consider a cat flap but she is a very good hunter and has previously brought dead things to the doorstep - so don't want them being brought into the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Was looking forward to a giant bowl of rice krispies tonight but they were stale and I didn't notice til I was plonked in front of the telly, milk poured on and ready to enjoy. Double TA that I discovered rice krispies can go stale, never had them long enough for that to happen.

When you want your dinner but you're not hungry yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

TA'd that my Bluetooth headphones used to seamlessly connect to my iPhone without any hassle. Now for some reason I have to toggle bluetooth off and on again, and then tap on the entry for my headphones to get them to reconnect successfully - infuriating! Even removing the headphones completely from my phone and re-pairing does not fix the problem - I get the feeling one of the most recent iOS 16.x updates has screwed something up...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Nope it is our constitution as Eire. Dev was clever enough never to mention Republic because of hopes of pending reintegration with the national territory.

Article 4 of the 1937 constitution -

ARTICLE 4

The name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland.

The name Republic of Ireland on came much later in the late 40's with the Republic of Ireland act - which was legislative based and nothing to with the constitution of Ireland

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1948/act/22/enacted/en/html

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Exactly.

Republic of Ireland exists solely as a football team. Other than that republic is just a way to describe how the country is run. I have to say it annoys me when people use ROI. The South annoys me more though. I usually answer by saying no I am from the east not the south

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is I'm pretty sure I have a vpn but can't find it or to change my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The phrase 'This state' 'This jurisdiction' etc used by a certain political party in the Dáil really TA's me. They make such an effort NOT to say 'Ireland'. Second nature at this stage to them. But to my ears it is jarring.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Had a quite complex handmade bespoke shelving unit / storage system delivered and installed today by a company . It’s a thing of beauty if a little huge. Everything went well but my TV, PS5 and SKY box needed to be unplugged, removed and reinstalled and remounted inside it… I just flicked on a lamp now that was accidentally directed at the switched off TV and noticed lots of fingerprint marks and streaks on my TV screen. Which were NOT there before the work. The workmen were efficient, courteous and friendly, but for the nature of the work were extremely loud and what sounded like clumsy that prompted me on one occasion to stick my head around the door just to see what the fûck was going on…

I have a really good screen cleaner I use on my laptop and iPad, I’m searching the place but cannot locate it anywhere… I remember now I loaned it to someone else hasn’t returned it…

So

1) clumsy, careless and downright dirty workers

2) people who you loan stuff to, but can’t be bothered to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm having a TAing issue with my Jabra earpods too. Have been excellent and reliable up to the last week. When connected to the bluetooth it'd indicate you how much battery is left, while a red, amber and green LED lighting system tells you the remaining charge. However, lately I could be charging it all night, and it would randomly be 70% battery when I go to use them, 'top it up' on the charge after a walk, and next time it'll be 60% battery. No rhyme or reason to it acting up at all, but once again shows that technology can be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m missing a walking stick. TH is it seems i can walk !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Flashing amber lights, cars drive through them, pedestrians are too afraid to cross, rightly so, and if they do they nearly get knocked down.

Saw a lad run across as the lights were flashing amber earlier. He was very nearly knocked down and, to make matters worse, the car beeped him.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Two of my three insist on sleeping abed with me... Better than a HWB....they have never jelled with the third so he is in exile in the kitchen. He is never out as last time he abused the privilege and was awol 36 hours. The other two have both known serious hunger and neglect so they never stray ..I just open the door and yell FOOD!l

• Registered Users Posts: 16,177 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Those stupid looking, shapeless long coats everyone seems to be wearing. Esp on pint sized women, they make them look like Baby Yoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The length that bull sh1tters will go to to try and convince you of their BS, even after you've made it obvious you know it's BS. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Snap! Ours wandered in 9 years ago, decided she liked the setup and never left. No litter tray, like wise she goes over a wall into field at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 16,177 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Utterly unflattering yokes, kind of a dryrobe vibe. And they always seem to be black.

I never really got the whole litter tray thing. Why would you actively train your pet to shít indoors??? Even in a designated area.

1) People who cannot keep to a time schedule….people who if running late for a scheduled appointment … still insist on doing certain non time essential tasks and things before they leave, be it taking phone calls, email , cleaning etc, making them further late… im thinking it’s maybe minor OCD…weird…with this individual it’s being going 20 years. If their place went on fire they’d probably insist on drying the dishes before they left…

2) with energy prices soaring, contacted an energy supplier with the view to change, they are reluctant to get into committing to a quote online, instead want to send someone to visit in person to read the meter and have a chat….. can bills for the last 12-18 months not suffice ? Surely that will enable them with everything they need ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you roll over dog shite cutting the lawn, as I was driving around cutting the grass even so often I get the bang of shite from the wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A quote from T.S Eliot,, " Time and forgetfulness sweeten memory.." is so true,,,,and utterly lovely.. The nasty things get filtered out... rose tinted sounds very good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

ekk - a v unhappy dog in my area.. been barking constant all eve - the poor thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

A million times this. I’ve a friend who will finish the ironing and hoovering etc. before leaving the house, completely ignoring the fact that everyone else has made the effort to be on time. Drives me mad, so much that I now rarely arrange to meet her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hideous things.

My one wakes me up with a claw prod to the chin during the night so she can burrow in beside me. She could go under the duvet at any point but has to go in at my head. Of course then I'm treated to loud purring which sends me to sleep again quickly enough.

• Advertisement

Are they like sleeping bags with the arms cut out ? Awful looking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement