Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i7-13700 Build

Options
  • 01-03-2023 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All

I need some advice on a cost effective build based around a i7 13700 CPU and a ARC 770 GPU

I haven't built anything in years so not sure where to look for parts, Memory C seem over priced and Elara don't seem to keep anything in stock, I also used Komplett back in the day but they are called something different now,

The CPU and GPU are fixed(ish) has to be Intel and I was thinking z790 chipset and 64gb DDR5 and a Samsung m.2 pci 4 nvme?? and a 850w psu sorry all the lingo is confusing, maybe a z690 and ddr4 would do this is where I need the advice, I could change the CPU for a i9 12900 or a i7 12700 if that gave the same sort of performance for a cheaper MB/Ram ect,

I am not interested in gaming but I need super fast response time for instant data crunching if that makes sense, I run a lot of programs at the same time that consume large amounts of CPU power, I run 2 x 27 inch monitors and will be keeping these,

I don't need wifi or glass panels or RGB led's a couple of USB ports on the case would be a plus and a good few on the MB as well,

1. What is your budget? under 1K ideally (excluding the cost of the CPU/GPU)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Needs to be super fast for data crunching

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? The guards wouldn't ask me that :D

9. When are you purchasing? over the next few weeks so can wait for deals if there is any to be had

10. Do you need help building it? No

Thanks

T.

Comments

Advertisement