Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

FFS

That's a lazy leg, on a falling player, it played no part in the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭FluffPiece

Bajcetic lost his boot in that tackle, yellow for him as well ref while your at it!

Need to get Nunez central, get someone out wide, Carvalho is on bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Fab.

Careful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Tierney has let these dirty shower away with murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Classic case of looking to rule out a goal for something that is merely a coming together.

Going by some recent VAR decisions around the league, I genuinely don't think that goes against a few other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ok let's get Fabinho off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Big Virg........ He'll be booked for headbutting the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Tierney is so **** he is getting everyone motivated

You beauty, surely that's legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

VVVVVVVVVVVDDDDDDDDDD

Get in !!

VVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lets see how VAR rules this one out

Give Tierney the assist😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Surely var can find some way to help Tierney rule it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Great play by big J.

Jota is making things happen, with Diaz back in a few weeks we will at least have 2 players at it along with Nunez. Give us a few midfielders and we will look so much better next season.

Jota looked good there the last 15. Nunez has also done well in spells

• Advertisement

Salah~~~~~~~

Mo

A real beauty. Gakpo, Timmy with the goods out the left

That's brilliant from Nunez.

Edit: Fake Nunez 😁

That is more like it. Great goal

salah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Greek scouser loves to assist Mo!

• Advertisement

Tsimakas and Nunez are having a great game between them;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Diego Costa to get a red on Hendon

Darwin had a good game, an absolute work horse!

Everton

Newcastle

Palace

Wolves

United

Tell me you wouldn't have bitten my hand off if I offered you 10 points minimum for them 3 weeks ago.

Don't wanna see Wolves again for a long, long time

• Advertisement

You'd have to feel sorry for Wolves, that's a poxy combination of colours on their jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

That will do a nice ugly win if there's such a thing😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No idea why they wore their away top but can't feel sorry for them one bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Much better second half, thought Fabinho was a lot better than he has been of late, maybe just having less to do running wise with the kids playing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was disappointed with Elliott and Fab again tbh.

Blessed Fab didn't walk and Elliott's passing is killing me, the man can't keep a ball down and keeps giving out hospital passes.

Thought Virgil was really consistent and obviously got the goal.

Lucky to have Fab stay on but also thought the goal being rules out was a little harsh so maybe evens out.

10/12 is more like it. A step up is needed on Sunday though and, if we don't get the early goal, I think it could be a serious struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

10 points from 12 from Everton, Newc away, Palace & Wolves. You'd take that TBF. Switch the Newcastle & Palace results around and nobody is complaining.

4 clean sheets in a row in the league and tonight they looked the most solid out of any. Green shoots again.

Also that Jurgen song for the last few mins - as if there was any doubt.....'I'm so glad....'

Table looking better, and still game in hand on teams above us. Thankfully an easy home game next, no need to worry about performance and focus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with the win. SLow and a bit turgid in the first half. Nunez a bit unlucky for the VAR goal. Nice that VVD has remembered where the goal is and Salah made it a comfortable finish to the game. 10 from 12, 4 clean sheets in a row, Konate back, Jota got more minutes in his legs, we are in a far better place now than we were a few short weeks ago.

Handy game next.

That's some run without a penalty in the league. Must be nearly 12 months at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

A vital win after the Madrid disaster and the drab draw vs Palace. Much better 2nd half. Massive game at the weekend a win and we really are in the hunt for top 4. Added bonus of probably ending United title challenge.

• Advertisement

Madrid is a long shot, we don't need to win the tie, 5-5 and penalties would do, an early goal, and we need two to tie, it tends to the crazy in the CL, will be exciting game, Klopp will have to play 4 goal scorers 4-2-3-1 needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I can not wait for Diaz to come back and Nunez central pure chaos. 10/12 is a good return and 4 clean sheets in a row. Spurs finding form but they still come to anfield and are liable to drop off.

United at the weekend a huge game, if we can't find our top gear for that there is no hope. They have shown great progress this season but absolutely beatable.

Newcastle away to City at weekend, We face United, which I think we'll win, hard not to win that game, no need to worry about the crowd, the focus, the commitment, Henderson needs to start, Keita too, and Fabinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I would not be starting Keita against Utd. I wouldn't be starting him again unless injuries forced it. That lad is on holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Starting Kieta? I wouldn't let him make the tea in the canteen

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Only caught the first half of the match and that was only in glances. What I seen I thought Fab and Nunez played well.

A bit of confidence going in to Sunday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think it's OK to say there is no chance of us in our current state pumping Real 3 Nil in the Bernabeu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You have to be realistic about where you are, and where you are trying to get to.  There is no point in pretending we are where we thought we were going into this season.

And honestly, bar the Madrid embarrassment, the team have gone back to basics pretty well.  A lot of what we’re doing is dross - some of it is a bit safer than we’re used to, and we can’t take the gambles we could do if we were in our pomp, but with 4 clean sheets in the league in a row, players starting to come back (Konate and Jota were key last night), I think Klopp has been right to be optimistic, and tell us that he’s seeing good things in training.

There will be no trophies this year, but I can honestly say I’m at least going into the United game with a bit of hope now.  I would’ve avoided it like the plague before this little run, but we might just be able to pinch something.  Ten Hag is doing great things, but I think the run they’re on is slightly flattering, albeit still impressive.

I think the main problem is how we’ll approach Sunday.  I think Ten Hag will cede a bit of ball control to us, and still respect us, knowing Rashford could absolutely obliterate us on the break with the form he’s in.  We have to figure out a way to not play into that trap.

Post edited by SlickRic on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Least the players are entertaining the kids these days... 🙂

New jersey leak, the hack of it :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I think a lot of the Utd game will depend on how we deal with Rashford and Casemiro, both of whom are having excellent seasons. The problem is that they’re best players will be competing against our weakest players on the defensive side of things.

Robbo coming back in will be a huge plus - I know tsimikas got an assist but he butchered a lot of opportunities.

ETH has done an excellent job with United, if you take out those two horror shows in the first two league games, since then he’s barely put a foot wrong and that’s including the Ronaldo situation.

Its hard to judge where we are at right now , before Madrid people were relatively confident, after that game morale was low and now it’s creeping up again.

The 20/21 season was different, a long string of defeats, then a few wins, few draws and then a very strong winning run to end the season.

I’m not sure if we will go on those type of streaks this time - our defensive and attacking performances are so erratic. We actually conceded more xG in the win against Newcastle than the defeat to Madrid, because they took their chances and Newcastle didn’t.

My fear is that Casemiro will run the show on Sunday and Rashford will get chances and he’ll take them.

Advertisement