Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BOI credit card - different material

Options
  • 02-03-2023 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello, I am a BOI credit card customer for years. I have received a new credit card as my old one is expiring. The new card is made out of renewable bio sourced material. Unfortunately, I am not happy with the material of the card. Is it possible to order an ordinary card made out of the previous material?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Out of interest, can i ask you why you are not happy with the new material?

• Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 276 ✭✭Jazz Hands

What’s the issue with the card material?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Malcolm X,

Thanks for your post.

We have begun rolling out bio-sourced debit and credit cards across our entire cards portfolio. This initiative, which over time will replace all debit and credit plastic cards issued by the Bank, is supporting the reduction of single use plastic in Bank of Ireland’s products and services.

Bank of Ireland is the only Irish bank to offer a full suite of bio-sourced cards for both personal and business customers. The card is made from 84% bio-sourced renewable materials such as field corn and takes just six months to decompose unlike its plastic equivalent, which takes around 400 years. When the full portfolio of cards is switched to bio-sourced cards, a project expected to be completed by 2026, Bank of Ireland will save 17 tonnes of CO2 and 4.48 tonnes of plastic (equivalent to over 160,000 500ml plastic bottles) per year.

We are no longer issuing plastic cards.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Malcolm X

Hi Tara, thank you for your reply.

The card numbers are now printed on it while the old card had the numbers coming up in 3D. I understand the environmental aspect but the design is just horrible 🤣 Maybe it is more the design than the material. It reminds me on these on the go prepaid cards. Thanks anyway for responding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks for getting back to us. They feature flat printing, meaning the numbers don’t wear down as quickly, which extends the life of a card and reduces the number of replacement cards required. To aid accessibility, the font size of the card numbers has been increased and a notch cut out of the card to help people insert it into a card machine or ATM the right way.

Thanks again

Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement