Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭wassie

It’s pretty impressive that Tesla managed to create an experience for non-Tesla EV owners at Supercharger stations that is almost as frictionless as the experience for Tesla owners.

Got to open an app, select the right stall, wait 2 minutes........."almost"...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

At least they work

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It might discourage others to use them.

Tesla owners just pull up. Plug in. Done.

Everyone remember the MY Crash.

“An investigation into a fatal Tesla Model Y crash in Chaozhou, China has revealed that the electric car’s accelerator was pressed during its ill-fated final drive. The Model Y in the incident was caught on video accelerating out of control for about two kilometers before crashing. The event killed two people and injured three. 

As recently shared by industry watchers in China, the analysis of data from the ill-fated Model Y had been completed. As per the investigation, the vehicle’s accelerator was pressed 100% the entire time. The Model Y’s brakes were off as well”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid027uN2aUhAJSvXRbVaSbCHgz7VDZmBL77sUE9Eqka8vQAEQGmA6oJmJLx9FDErkyCMl&id=367033823401826

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That was horrific to see. Outcome is pretty much always the same though. Human error, nothing to do with autopilot.

Or more sinister of course, the human doing it on purpose. A lot of fatal car accidents, even in Ireland, are just suicides.

• Advertisement

Assuming the chinese media and state are being honest (big assumption), yes it would be driver error. That being said, with this new tesla vision I wouldnt be surprised to see increased AP related accidents.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Unfortunately true and what's worse was the last one in our locality a year or so ago with the fooker that was taking his life did it by driving head on into an oncoming car and killed them too

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Was that the guy who killed a young family or young couple, eastern Europeans I think?

Yep

• Advertisement

Investor day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

When is the actual thing going to start? it's just a continuous rolling intro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Tweeted that he is late

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Starting now

I'll watch a two minute summary on YT, find them very drawn out and my attention span is very short

Tesla going to offer $30 per month for unlimited night rate electricity use (in Texas for starters)

That's where things are headed folks. Many of us here on the forum, and in particularly on the renewables forum, have seen this coming for years. If I could get this plan, I'd never buy any electricity from the grid again except for this $360 per year. This would cover all my bills. It would power all my cars, power my house, heat my water and heat my house. I would no longer have any gas bill either.

For the one or two fools who still think Tesla is a company that makes cars, think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Very interesting about their overall plan to move from combustion to electric economy and the fact that resources won't be a problem, quite the opposite. And the required land area for all this: 0.2% of total.

Very interesting set of presentations about the cost reduction and the fact that their next gen platform will cost 50% less to manufacture that Model 3/Y platform.

12V->48V low voltage systems starting with the Cybertruck.

Megapack based grid inertia stabilization removing need of rotating generators.

Nothing new in any of this of course. Tony Seba has been predicting it for many years already. Basically everybody will drive EVs and all energy will be renewable (almost entirely wind + solar + battery) as it is by far the cheapest. No need to consume less, no need for efficiency, no need for retrofitting homes. This revolution will be quick. It will be all over by 2030

I remember the 48V transition was discussed between Musk and Munro a few years ago in a Youtube inverview, with Musk confirming they were going that way for all cars in future. Makes total sense. 12V (lead acid) systems are a bit 1923, not 2023

Other bits: Estimated 10% of world 2022 GDP required for the full transition to electrical future.

The previously leaked Mexico GF confirmed. Ni the most constrained element, all the other elements are plentiful. Just more refinery capacity needed. Tesla themselves are building a Li refinery in Corpus Christi, TX.

Next gen vehicle will be fully Tesla sourced silicon components. The motors will be totally rare earth free.

• Advertisement

Yes and that 10% is a one off, so over 10 years it would only be 1% per year

I've never sat through any of the Tesla days before, but wanted to see it and it covered pretty much exactly what I thought it would cover.

Right, basically not that big an investment between now and 2040. Like yourself this was my first full one and it was quite a compelling package.

Oh yes, one interesting fact was that the 4680 cell manufacturing in TX will only take 10% of floor space compared to the old 2170 lines in NV, yet it will yield much bigger capacity output.

Oh yes, how much will the TSLA tank tomorrow? It was down by several percent today.

LOL yeah. Perhaps the last few attempts from vested interests to short the stock? Unlike the previous two times, when I sold the stock after making a decent profit, I'll be hanging in longer time this time. I remember you got in at about the recent bottom. You did very well there 😁

I think the returns will eventually be good, but not tomorrow. The questions about next platform were totally ignored basically, and that means that the market forces that didn't pay attention to the finer details will cause some tankage for the rest of the week.

I will take advantage by investing more with the prices falling from today.

Toyota designers figured out they'll need to up their EV game.

I think they figured they'll need to start their EV game first 😂

The one particular bit of the investor day that I liked was the chief of engineering (I think?) personally buying and delivering a bottle of their favourite booze for every engineer who manages to shave 1kg off the weight of a car.

Giga press moulding and structural pack is a fundamental game charger (alongside self sufficiency in battery production)

• Advertisement

I didnt watch. Wheres my cybertruck!

Advertisement