Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waggle your 'Joystick' - Post your 3Dmark Scores here

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

The faster one is running 6 degrees cooler and 110 MHz higher clock speed (presumably boosting higher because it's cooler)

Do you have better airflow in your secondary rig? Or did you change the GPU fan speed or curve on one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Thanks I hadn't noticed the temperature or clock speed but that explains it . They've both got good airflow but I think the issue could be the physical location. The main rig is in my attic office, was running all day at the time of the test so it was hot in here( I just opened the window). The secondary rig was in the kids/entertainment room which is always cold and it was a fresh test run from a cold boot.

I had some time to play around with my main rig to improve the 3D mark score. Firstly I update the bios on the B450 mother board and converted the harddisk from an MBR to a GBT boot partion. This allowed me to use AMD smart access memory. I got an instant 1000+ point uplift on my score. After a bit of OC'ing I managed to break the 18000 mark.

New score with SAM & stable OC https://www.3dmark.com/spy/22991559

Old score without SAM or OC https://www.3dmark.com/spy/22288854

A jump of over 2000 points.

Had some more time tonight , this time I set up AMD SAM on my B450 Gigabyte Aorus ITX build, with Ryzen 5 3600 and RX6800XT.

Enabling SAM again gave a massive performance increase, combined with some basic software OC'ing which is in no way pushing the system I got over 1400 points extra on 3Dmark. I definitely could push more from this system. The GPU in this system does appear to be an overall better performer than the one in my main rig. Looks like a silicone lottery win

New score with SAM and some gentle OC'ing - https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23012126

Old result without SAM and no OC'ing - https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21936559

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got a new score just now. I ran it last night and earlier and kept getting a low score turns out I had set it to go no higher than 120fps as my 4k Tv is 120Hz in Radeon settings turned that off and ran it once and got this score below. I may try to get a higher score again when I am in the mood.

• Advertisement

I managed a run of over 23000 graphics score and over 20000 overall score. That is my best scores ever but my CPU score is down and tried to run it again and it kept crashing so just got lucky in a way it ran to get the score but unlucky that the CPU score was down on that run.

Overall score: 20056

Graphics score: 23054

New score. CPU is down must be due to the cache issues in Windows 11. I'm not on previews so did not get the fix update yet.

Reference 6900 XT with stock cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

New score.

Just upgrade my AIO to an Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 240 from a **** MSI 240.

PBO on, and then in Radeon suit I applied "overclock CPU" from the automatic tuning settings and put the GPU on RAGE mode with SAM enabled.

CPU boosted to 4,999Mhz and the GPU boosted to 2,285 MHz.

Neither GPU or CPU exceeded 75c and were below 70c for most of the run.

Pretty happy with that for not having to do any tuning myself!

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/68424243?

You've alot more headroom on the RX6900xt to overclock it if you ever wanted too. Is SAM enabled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

• Advertisement

As much as I don't like the place I found reddit to be a good source for my RX6800XT's. I was lazy and grabbed my setting from one of the users there and tweaked it for each of my cards and found I could get one of my cards to score over 21k on timespy consistently. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/24110244

My other rx6800xt can consistently score over 20500 on timespy. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/24120016

I'm not near my PC's at the moment so can't post my settings. But to be 100% honest I run my PC's at stock I only OC for benchmarking, in reality there is very little benefit for my use. I suspect it's the same for 99% of users.

There is a OC power user tool for advanced users and those willing to void warranty called "morepowertool" It bypasses the voltage limits and some users have gotten unbelievable results. Personally it's not for me and I'd never recommend it but if you're ever wondering why some of the leaders on timespy scoreboards are getting such insane results it's more than likely they're user that tool or LN cooling or both.

Post edited by Confused11811 on

Swapped out my RX6800XT for a RX6900XT at the weekend. After a little playing around with settings I'm getting some good consistent and stable results.

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI (MS-7C94) (3dmark.com)

Graphics Score 21563

CPU Score 14410

Best in the country with that particular CPU/GPU combination. But there are much better RX6900XT (graphic only) results out there.

@wotzgoingon Your RX6900XT @ over 23000 on air is really very good. Right up there with some of the best on air I'd say, 2nd best RX6900XT in Ireland. I'm currently 6th, looks like you won the silicon lottery 😀

Still impressive, you'd need a very good stock card to achieve those results on air.

Well I ran a benchmark yesterday after receiving my card in the post. It handled this at ease as I wasn't pushing it. Still an impressive score and well above my old 6900 XT which I was pushing to the limits with MPT. The CPU is PBO but bad PBO as it's a 3700X. The 5000 series got a much better system.

I then tried to manually run with a static overclock of 4.45GHz but it crashed on the CPU test. It may be me running a 850W PSU or the CPU overclock was unstable. I will still show the result below as you can still see the graphics score which was better than the score above.

I'm now second with graphic score in Ireland with a 7900 XTX. My settings are the same as the guy in first but I have no idea why his score is so much higher. I know there was a bug in one driver with the 6900 XT that caused a really high graphic score and I wonder did that strike again. Or I'm just crap at benching this card, who knows. This is only my third time to run a bench. I ran a bench last night and then again tonight and then the scores in post above I think that was the second night I received the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

after using the 7900xtx for a bit what are your thoughts on it?

It's actually a really good card. I had a 6900 XT before it and it this card is superior. So it is an upgrade if you have one of those cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,076 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My nice little SFF machine, 196 mm x 196 mm footprint. Modest CPU and slow memory, everything stock.

Far as Irish users are concerned, I'm the only one who has benched with a 12400 and 3080 😂

Sold the GPU yesterday.

• Advertisement

I picked up a second hand 5800X. I was going to get a X3D but there was no deals at the moment and I was without a CPU as I sold my old 3700X. I may pick up a X3D in the future. But anyway I got a new personal best in TimeSpy.

I was bored so ran a bench and got my best ever CPU and overall score but down from my best graphic score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Number 1 in Ireland, granted I am the only 1 😂

Managed to break a little over 34,000 graphic score this evening. Of course my CPU score would be down for that run. AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X,Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS ULTRA (3dmark.com)

Got an itch to run a benchmark this evening. Strange time considering the heat but anyway I managed to beat my previous graphic score.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X,Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS ULTRA (3dmark.com)

Advertisement