Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

In relation to the Kirsch bridge.

It's the limit of range of GLSDB's.

My argument was, just because they can penetrate concrete doesn't mean they can from max range. I don't see how it can glide gingerly onto the target and then all of a sudden hit terminal velocity. Air dropped, right over the target, yes of course. But to maximize range it would have to have a shallow glide slope. Shallow slope = slower speed, slower speed = less kinetic energy to penetrate.

Just because something can do X and Y, doesn't mean it can do both together. (Like a fighter jet being able to go supersonic, carry tonnes of bombs and have a range of thousands of miles. You can Google all 3 and see it can, but not all at once)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

And this how generous they have been in their support of Ukraine as a proportion of their own defence spending:

That's not a lot to be giving someone as a proportion of your own spending over 10 years. Or to put it another way: 'We estimated it would have cost us $7.5 trillion to defeat the Orcs, so that's how much we spent on ourselves this past decade - here's $42 billion, now run along and defeat our greatest enemy since the end of WW2 with 0.6% of our ten year defence expenditure, there's a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He tried to pass this very obvious attempt at trolling by a Russian propagandist as being true as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Another way to view it. Although it's more to show how much Eastern Europe view the threat of Russia and how much I'd love to visit Estonia

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Did someone mention coup,

Because I've never mentioned coup anywhere😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SteHam

Veil slipping

No one here claimed that amount of damge, they just quoted the claim by the partisans. Why do you have to turn everything into a personal attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Its has been stated by many that there is a second Russian line behind the frontline that shoot retreating conscripts. We have seen footage of young Russian conscripts being forcably removed from thier homes, the majority of the conscripts dont want to fight. 

So when those same conscripts die, by the hands of either side, you don't think that is tragic ? 

Loss of human life anywhere is tragic, but if the only good Russian is a dead Russian, how do we see this conflict ending ? 

Russia must be forced from Ukraine, but without a golden bridge and increase from the current drip feed of military support how can peace be achieved long term ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

The war in Ukraine will never be to the scale of the internal conflict some here face. Jesus Christ.

Beverly Hills, California

There are so many !

Are you saying you have never made one, or you don't know which one the OP is talking about ?

The Belarusians claimed it was badly damaged and that it definitely wouldn't fly again soon. They were probably mistaken as to the airworthiness. So the Orcs flew the plane away for repairs and replaced it with another. Along comes the Maxtar satellite and a break in the weather and they take a photo. You and others go 'look, it's undamaged', not realising it's a different plane.

Post edited by cnocbui on

That photo must have been taken on a monday morning

Anyone know if the Bradleys will have the DU ammo for the cannon, I am assuming not.

@SlowBlowin I've zero sympathy or empathy for the Russian soldiers, conscripts, professionals , mercenaries,

I'm absolute geek when it comes to the history of warfare and normally I've respect for anyone who's served or is serving in the military even one of two on here I've clashed with, but In the case of the Russians Ive nothing,

But I do believe this war should never have happened in the first place,I'm following this 9 years and it should have been stopped on 2014 ,and now the only choice is war until either Russia withdraws or they are completely forced out,but that cannot and will not happen unless the Ukrainans are backed to the hilt ,not this drip feeding of weapons,they need 100 HiMars and GLSDBs , they need aircraft to give close air support,that can be jets or modern attack helicopters and drones equipped with standoff weapons,

Tanks are taking too long by the time any real number of western tanks are in place Russia could be able to counter those tanks ,

I honestly can't see any kind of negotiating with putin he's always broken treatys with ukraine and we've been through two mink's agreements which were broken by Russians trying to redraw the lines, we've seen similar again in south Ossetia in Georgia,a particular line was agreed to end that conflict, every few years the Russian military arrives and moves the fences further into Georgian territory.

So how can you negotiate anything if the Russians Keep changing the rules in their favor,

Russia wants ukraine gone and that not going to change,so either we sit back and say sorry it was nice knowing you's or we say we're all going in and this ends tomorrow.

But there's no appetite for that either.

Would you stop at the boarder or go all the way to Moscow ?

I cant see Putin stopping when his military is ejected from Ukraine, at a minimum taking pot shots from Russia will be a daily occurrence the nuclear option is too scary to discuss, so do you see any other path to peace other than the destruction of Russia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

The orcs have went to a very deliberate effort to make it look like the plane is ok by releasing a video like that.

Reminds me of the time when they opened the Kerch Bridge for a day to traffic the day after it was blown. Just a flesh wound they said, bridge would be fully reopen after a few days.

Everything putler and the orcs do in the media is for show. Could very well be that this is more theater to appease the internal audience.

I'd rather the Ukrainans stopped at the kirch Bridge on the Ukraine side , there is no reason to try take any territory inside Russia, I've no issues with them targeting military infrastructure inside Russia but they absolutely don't need to put boot on the ground in Russia proper ,they would have nothing to gain by it and risk drawing others into the conflict such as China and other Russian allies such as Iran and north Korea, even though some of the above have already supplied weapons to the Russians

As your a self confessed military geek can I ask do you believe effective flux compression weapons exist ?

I know both Russia and the US have been working on them for decades but I don't know if they are in any current arsenals. India has boasted that they have developed them and India is a Russian ally.

It seems to me that this conflict would be perfect for Russia to use them, given the use of starlink, drones and the supply of superior intelligence from the western allies.

I know its taken seriously as one of the last jobs I did before I retired was an installation (camera related) in the UKs drone operations center, located at a civilian UK international airport. The control rooms were inside a huge Faraday cage, I was told the cage was the most expensive component aside from the drones. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Really thought the sanctions would be hitting hard by now.

How long do we have to wait???

The American Navy had planned to put rail guns on the Zumwalt class destroyers and then they were going with a different gun system which was too expensive to shoot and now going with hypersonic missiles instead,for something that was being developed back in the 50s we've not seen so much progress on flux compression weapons,the US Navys rail guns was the most promising system that looks like it was to be fielded,but that seems to have been knocked on the head for the time being,the new buzz is around directed energy weapons, they have seen some advances from the modified 747 which was armed with a proper active system which was used to shoot down other airborne targets but that was retired and is currently getting ready to be installed as a museum piece,

We're back to hypersonic missiles again something that the US fell behind in but they already have several hypersonic aircraft so it's not like they have zero experience with and it looks like several companies from Lockheed Martin, Boeing and others already have developed and tested hypersonic missiles,

While suggesting several future aircraft will carry directed energy weapons,

It's interesting times for weapons developments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ah, you're right, they're not working. Let's lift them all, shur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Bellingcat journalist on recent, according to him, likely UAF attack in Russia on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/colbornemichael/status/1631290725257080834

I guess he's a SVR agent now too because it's against "the message" even though Bellingcat has previously been proven to receive funds from US and UK intelligence linked groups.

Michael Colborne provides not a shred of evidence for what is just a personal opinion. The vast majority of the comments express scepticism and disagreement and many are calling him out on it.

Crazy conclusion at the end, but riveting until then. Is this part of the times are desperate, we need desperate measures theme that seems to be in play at the moment?

Rashist losses in manpower reached 150,000 people❗️

Try not to grin.

Grin is 100% the wrong word.

It’s fuking terrible there is such loss of life, even for those I consider an enemy. Most of these guys don’t want to be part of Putin’s war machine.

That’s not to say I don’t want Russia to lose, and I recognise that clearly requires Russians to die. I’m aware of that. I’m also aware some Russian soldiers are committing war crimes. But, grin at a loss of 150,000 human beings. Thankfully, that’s not my go to reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,203 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

A lot of it is choreographed. That could just be to scare an internal audience.

Still it's rare to see anything on Russian state TV that isn't filled with hyper patriotic jingoism.

• Advertisement

It's gas all of a sudden bellincat are no longer reliable because they didn't jump on the bandwagon when it came to a story in Belarus,

I doubt the Ukrainans signed off on this adventure into Russia by known separatists wearing clean and shiny fatigues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement