Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

I am on the EI 2 hour night boost plan between 2-4am

I have an Ohme home pro. I can only get ~7kWh of charge in these 2 hours. I have tried many different things - making the charger a dumb charger, making the car dumb. It’s always the same. If I set it to charge over a 12 hour period it will get to it’s 80% but intermittently (according to the charging graph)

It seems to me to be some sort of communication problem between the car and charger where charge is throttled somehow. Ohme just don’t respond to emails.

anybody with any ideas on what I can try? Tbf what I havent tried is plugging into a different ac charger for an hour which I am thinking is best next step unless there is some setting somewhere I am missing?

I am currently locked out of bluelink if that would make a difference, but my wife is able to access it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Drove to Dublin this morning along the m7 and n7 and out of 9 car transporters, 1 was Kia and 6 were full of Hyundai's.

I swear there was even a black Ioniq 6 on the back of one. Other side of motorway doubt dashcam picked it up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Sorry to be off topic here, but would anyone have an idea of whether or not there would be an issue charging an ioniq 5 off a skoda connect charger?

I still have my original 3.3kw charger from my first ioniq, looking to upgrade and a friend had a skoda connect charger he got with his enyaq, but he already has a7kw installed, so offered me his skoda one.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

No issue whatsoever, it's just Skoda branding. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I had a similar problem with my Ohme, I could only charge at 16amps rather than 32. In my case it was installed incorrectly and load balancing wasn't working as expected. After a number of visits they realised the CT(?) Clamp was on the wrong meter cable.

On the Ohme you can turn off load balancing, see if that increases the speed at which you can charge. That was how I determined it was an issue with the unit only after they replaced the unit and the issue persisted did they realise it was installed incorrectly.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Anybody change their own Pollen filter? quick google shows a few videos that make it look easy (Esp when dealer wanted to charge me €80 for it!)...

If you did, where did you get the replacement filter from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

There is a setting on the car to change the AC charge rate. It could be set to minimum or reduced. If it’s set to maximum and you are still only getting 3.6kw from charger, then it’s charger or wrong rated breaker or load balancing.

This is the problem. It was only drawing 3.6

The ct clamp reading always 0

Being fixed next week, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Well Hyundai have just upped their ecars pricing on their charge my Hyundai card, €0.55 Kw/h to now €0.93 Kw/h. Dumping this card now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 buachaill maith

Anyone having problems with android auto?mine stopped working several weeks ago after a week of intermittent faults.I bought a brand new high speed data cable today and it worked for one trip and is now broken again.I think a trip to the dealership is called for.

• Advertisement

I use the AAWireless dongle and it had a week or two of gitteriness and playing with settings but it has been flawless since then. Car on to AA on screen in ~10 seconds. Highly recommend

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yup. I also can't upgrade firmware. Whether it's wired Android Auto (or wireless through the AAWireless adapter) or firmware upgrades, the USB port stops working anything from two to twenty minutes after it's plugged in.

I've booked it in for investigation. I'm 50:50 between being told "looks fine to us" or "we'll need a part, come back in a month", but they might surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 buachaill maith

Pretty sure it's a hardware as opposed to software issue,I have the Motorola wireless adapter which worked perfectly for nine months YouTube shows an issue with poor wiring adapter behind USB port.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dsandson

Yeah our Android Auto USB port has been broken since last August. We only got it booked in for other recall work and the pre-conditioning update in December, but they didnt have time to investigate fully. Its now booked in for 2 days for investigation as the garage havent done this before. From else-where its a fairly common problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Charge myHyundai have gotten very expensive for ESB eCar chargers. €0.93 per kWh even on 22kW AC chargers. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

How do you check the prices I thought that used to be visible on the app.

Do you only see that after you charge or connect I don't see it browsing chargers while sitting on my couch

If you use the map within the app and select the charger from that you should be able to scroll down in it. Make sure it's the newest version of the app too just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

I am looking to get an Ioniq5 at the moment but it seems new ones are off the cards availability wise. A 2022 (58kw) seems to be in the 44/46 region for exec plus spec. Would I be a fool to pay this? From reading the price specs it seems that this is what a 2023 should cost. Any major improvements between 2022 and 2023 that I would miss out on?

Thanks for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭browne_rob5

A 2022 was probably on the road for around 43k so I personally would find it hard to pay more for a car that's a year older especially given the price cuts elsewhere. Its a great car though. Is there no availability until 2024?

Nothing that you would miss out on that I am aware of.

If I plan to go on a long trip where I will be charging the car to 100% before leaving how do I heat up the battery pack so it gives me better efficiency in this colder weather. So a full day trip with no public charging involved. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

Heating up the battery doesn't give you better efficiency, it gives you less efficiency.

I presume you mean heating the cabin, in which case you pre-heat the cabin while it is still plugged into your charger.

There is an option to set a departure time in your climate control.

No I mean preheating the battery itself. Having a battery with avg temp of example 8C on departure would definitely be less efficient than a battery with avg 18C

Edit: I mean using the wall charger to heat it up so I would still be leaving the house at 100%, but the battery at eg 18C. I suppose the cabin pre warmed with wall charger also but I dont really care about that, the battery heat is the important one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

Afaik, the battery pre- conditioning only works if you put in a rapid charger as a destination. I don't think it is possible to pre heat before leaving.

Interesting. So if I input the nearest dc charger as my destination while parked that should start heating.

i must put in the obd2 dongle and see what the scheduled start does wrt the battery temp

So last night I set the preconditioning departure of 7am this morning on the app. AC was set to 24C

I was awake a 6.30 and checked the app. Charged to 69% with a range of 330km.

Went to the car and carscanner showed me the BMS SoC at 69.5% with 49,288kWh remaining

Inlet temp was 2C, Batt min 9 and Batt max 13. So they got heated up a bit alright (during the day the inlet seems to be same temp as battery and was a cold morning this morning) Not sure how much this helps with range but it should get a few extra kms

• Advertisement

Got Netflix, youtube etc. Working on the display. Was looking for a wireless adapter was going to get the Motorola one but came across the carlink ai box on Amazon with a fairly sizeable discount.

Setup lacking good instructions but didn't take long to figure out. Can connect audio via Bluetooth and video works off tethered connection (slot for SIM car but not sure that'll work with Irish simcard). Can download and play store apps (games etc. but haven't done that yet). Not perfect but doesn't seem too laggy takes about 30 seconds to bootup fully.

Advertisement