Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Checklist 2023

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Done and done!

Another 4 close together in later March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Forgot that Waffle day comes so soon after pancake Day, nice.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

Will have to make Christmas waffles for the day that's in it😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So a double whammy of St. Patricks Day & Mothers day behind us now as well... Easter in the sights next which is what? 3 weeks away? Year is flying.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah we are motoring now, March slipping away at rapid pace, only one more weekend left in March. Glad it's moving quick after that horrendous January. Loving the sunny mornings as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭pigtail33

The speed of February and March has just about made up for how slowly January went. Feels about right that we're nearly three months into the year.

The clocks change this weekend too. I always get caught out with meetings the week before as they change a week or two earlier in America. It means that it'll be bright until nearly 8 every evening. Summer is nigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

It's waffle day 😁

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That looks So Good. 😁

I had waffles with Nutella, strawberries and cream for breakfast, wish I could do that every day! 😂

• Advertisement

2 more to be marked off now with clocks gone forward & waffle day in the rear view mirror!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

It really is flying!!

And Easter Sunday is in the rear view mirror, next up, the May bank holiday in less than 3 weeks!

Up to Eurovision week as of tomorrow!

Can't wait for us to be crushingly disappointed tomorrow. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yes as expected 😄, must say though it's nothing today with music now with the rubbish which did qualify.

I wont lie I was watching the match after getting home from training, but my Mrs was raging over us failing to qualify & gave out yards about some of the ones that did... I found the whole thing quite funny TBH which just made her worse 🤣

We were worse than bad though- we were mediocre and generic. And the lead singer's outfit was pure embarrassing! 🐫

At least the really awful acts stick in your mind. Being forgettable won't get you anywhere in Eurovision!

Falling behing on the checklist folks, 3 can be marked off currently. June Bank Holiday the next one in a couple of weeks too.

• Advertisement

Good man.

We'll have 2 more to cross off next week too!

June b/h, 200 days can be crossed off, & fathers day can be crossed off as of Sunday & longest day of the year as of Wednesday... talk about motoring!!

STOP IT, it's going too fast already!!

Longst day of the year can be marked off now as well... hard to believe we're nearly into July and the second half of the year already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Another two things can go off the list!

Updated now and another one gone this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2023/24 PDC World Darts Championships start on Friday 15th December 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Andrew93

That will signal the start of my Christmas break from work. CANNOT wait 😁

Used to love watching the darts over the christmas holidays but totally lost interest over the last few years. Might give it a go again this year though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

August bank holiday can be marked off now too... getting very close to the business end now.

We can add the BT christmas shop opening too... and the kids are back to school this week (ours are anyway) so it's strictly up next in the firing line!

A bonus for us Darts Fans with the WDF World Championships running from Saturday December 2nd through to Sunday, December 10th

Aaah, I love the Lakeside. 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BK5

Never heard of the WDF before, is the BDO finished?

According to wiki it seems so;

After the collapse of the British Darts Organisation in September 2020, the WDF announced plans to launch the WDF World Championship and WDF World Masters. Both competitions took place for the first time in 2022, starting with the 2022 WDF World Darts Championship in April.

I had no idea the BDO went, sad really as without the BDO there's no PDC. Many fond memories of watching BDO play at the Lakeside on BBC growing up.

All of these can be marked off now...

August Bank Holiday.

Brown Thomas Christmas Shop opens.

Schools return.

Strictly Come Dancing.

Late Late Show Returns.

Rugby World Cup France Starts 8th September.

Great British Bake Off.

100 Days to go.

Ploughing Championships.

Christmas Catalogues. Boots, Smyths, etc.

• Advertisement

Up as far as Christmas adverts can be marked off now. Flying it!

Have seen a few Christmas coffee cups today- McDonalds, Insomnia and Butlers, so that and Christmas ads crossed off now too.

Only 3 left to mark off on the checklist now... its all happened so fast in the last few weeks!

PDC World Darts Championship starting Fri 15th Dec

Maybe a bit left field but could All Ireland Club Senior Hurling Semi finals be added ?. This year's games are 16th/17th Dec with last year's games been 18th Dec. Starting to become a yearly pre Christmas tradition

Advertisement