Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cant believe tomorrow is both day 299 and March 1st.

Flying by.

March will go quick with a bank holiday and brighter evenings kicking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Into the 200's!!

Happy March y'all!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Love to say winter is finally behind us however the cool weather seems to be hanging in there.

That was a quick month though, let’s see what March has in store!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Happy March!

Where I am, the sun will set at 18:02 this evening. I have a lamp in my hall that is set to come on at sunset and I remember, just before Christmas, it was coming on around 16:15. That's nearly two extra hours of brightness in the evenings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

1st of March already - nearly a quarter of the year over!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I only changed my timers on my lights to come on at 5.30 instead of 4.30 last week, a nice little win knowing the sun is hanging a little longer around now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

As much as I love autumn/winter, the lead up to Christmas etc., the evenings getting dark by 4pm is depressing. As is getting up/heading to work in the dark.

Love this time of year when everything is growing and it's starting to get nice and bright again. 🙂

Agree, I think it's the anticipation of warm weather and bright sunny days. I'm sure we'll get one or two!!

The run up to Christmas I don't mind the darker evenings so much, but once I'm back in work come January its roll on Summertime.

I love the longer brighter evenings & brighter mornings and in reality other than the last few weeks before christmas its my favourite time of the year.

All the seasons have their bonuses, winters just happens to stop on Jan 2nd!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched the Bourne identity on a plane last night and there's a christmas tree and lights in the farmhouse they break into.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Just booked the week off before our Christmas breakup. So this year I'll be finishing up on the 15th and back the 3rd. A nice break of 17 days off 😁

Post edited by Smell the glove on

That's a serious break, enjoy every minute of it!

I noticed a small shower of sleet yesterday and then a large shower of it this morning, the garden table had a small accumulation landing on it. Could there actually be snow on the way?

My Mrs. just mentioned that to me earlier, i.e. that she heard on the news that we could be having snow/ice next week... have to be honest & admit I sincerely hope not!

They are talking about snow in the East side of the country early next week!

Is it just me or is it actually warm today. I was wrapped up to the heavens as I was expecting it to be freezing and I was sweating instead!

Went out for a walk this afternoon and was wrapped up well, didn't feel warm but not cold either, which is an improvement!! No gloves, hat or scarf so definitely a warmer day than expected. Expect it to all go south during the week though if the forecasts are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

March! When did that sneak up on us? Hope all the fellow elves are well. "Cashed in" the joint Christmas present from us and all the grandparents to the kids over the last few days - went to Disneyland Paris for the last few days. Flew out on Wednesday evening, overnighted in a hotel airport and then transferred to Disneyland for three absolutely magical days before flying home this morning. I really am overwhelmed. What an experience.

I knew it "clicked" when our 10yo welled up as we left the park on Friday evening at the prospect of not seeing the light show and fireworks again because she said it was "the most magical thing I've ever seen in my life"

I nearly burst into years when she said it. Needless to say, we stayed to watch it again. So glad we did.

We literally did every single ride in both parks, had lunch with the princesses and watched the parade and firework show. Best Christmas present ever for them and so many photos and videos to remember the trip 🥹

Sorry, feel really emotional about it. Magical

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Sounds absolutely amazing @Heroditas Looking forward to when my two are old enough to really enjoy those kind of things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

We were there in January, totally agree.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, @Heroditas how lovely. I'm glad you all had such a wonderful time. 😊

Sounds like a brilliant trip @Heroditas and you had an amazing time. I went with my OH just after we got married with my sister and her two boys. Loved it then and have always said we would go back once all the kids are old enough to fully appreciate it so have it pencilled in for 2024.

#bringbackthesun

I miss the nice weather we were having lately.

Worst weather day in ages and on a Monday as well........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

I hate the rain. At least I don't have to do a school pick up as the wee one was sick last night - although not fun cleaning that up at 2am 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jayney, what a miserable day in terms of weather

The rest of the week doesn’t look much better either.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Not too bad of a morning here in east Meath, just a small layer of frost on the car windscreen. Hope everyone else faired ok.

• Advertisement

Cold, wet & miserable by the looks of it.... my drive to Westport & back tomorrow is looking less appealing than ever!

Advertisement