Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Jared Butler

it was a standard finish

Really like him as a player. Feels like he’s been there forever.

only 31!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

He's had his best year in a while. Really stood up as a leader again in the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Strand1970

Rodney parade looks like a fancy sportsground

Poor Porch

chasing kicks again and again last 10mins

little by way of imagination from Connacht halfbacks

……Try from driving maul!!!

what do i know!

• Advertisement

Fancy kip

Jesus Bolton is lucky not to be sent off there tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Amazing how we could continue to trust rubbish 9 and 10 in such a huge game. Breaks my heart

Dragons look like they are the ones with the extra man at times

great defence by Porch over the line to stop that

• Advertisement

Guy on PA should be taken out back and shot

As if Butter gauged him

This has Sam Davies late penalty winner written all over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭testtech05

Pathetic really deserved to lose that

That was an absolute embarrassment of a win. No team even at amatuer level would waste 2 extra men like we did. I talked up Blade all week and by god did our halfbacks have absolute stinkers.

Bolton (lucky boy), Butler and TOH probably the only lads that had 6/10 showings and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Blessed to come out with the win, had Dragons had numerical parity for the game likely would have been another defeat in an away game Connacht were favourites for.

Bolton looked electric but very fortunate to avoid red. Thought Cathal Forde and Niall Murray had decent games.

Clearly would have been helpful to have Marmion on bench. Couple of uncharacteristic errors from Blade late on when he was likely out on his feet. Whatever impact Marmion being picked ahead of Reilly would have had on the latters confidence, not being brought on at all as a 9 mustn’t help it, if you pick Reilly have to be willing to put him on pitch for last 15 at least.

Just really hitting home without Jack controlling the game at 10 we are clueless. Blade looked out of his depth as captain, that performance will put him back in the pecking order for Ireland big time

As a game goes this one hurt a lot. We have been tormented by a crap 9 and 10 for so long. So I get that. But not to replace such muck is simply unforgivable. And that says a lot about the Connacht management team. I simply can't wait for Pete Wilkins. More of the same. It would break your heart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭OldRio

To be fair. That was embarrassing at best. Utterly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭testtech05

Exactly fair enough your backing Reilly etc but what worse could he have done today, he deserved 10-15 mins there.

Blade had his poorest showing in a long time. That's been our strength for so long when one of the lads was poor the other was normally good to come on and change the game a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That was shockingly poor, two teams playing like headless chickens. How Blade is 4th choice for Ireland is very difficult to understand watching that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

There’s a lot of **** this coaching staff that doesn’t seem to have any coherent thought process. Leaving a thirty cap Irish international out of selection because he is leaving at the end of season is nonsense that borders on arrogance.

But putting Reilly on bench and then refusing to use him despite Blade being poor and presumably half fucked for the last 15 given how rarely he plays 80 is some seriously illogical stuff.

Clearly some sort of massive issue with being favourites away too, whether it’s complacency (obviously shouldn’t exist at this stage given history) or dealing with expectations, pretty fortunate to beat Zebre 2nds few weeks ago when their first team hasn’t won a game all season, blessed against 13/14 man Dragons tonight…..

Wilkins getting a three fuckin year deal is the eighth wonder of the world.

Kinda reached the point where the coaching team can't identify muck so what's the point. And another 3 years to follow. I'm to old for this. Willie Ruane we will leave it to you. I am broken

There are so many fine players at Connacht. To be continually let down by management choices is soul destroying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Scanning the remaining fixtures, Connacht might be as well to put out the B’s for the Challenge Cup and focus on the last 3 rounds.

There’s a slim chance of overtaking Sharks, just need to beat Edinburgh at home next match, and then Cardiff at home and that should see off the competition for top 8.

To make top 7 (HCC qualification) would be cool, but realistically it’s low probability at this point.

How can our management do this to our team. It's a total disgrace. Can't remember the last time I felt so disillusioned

Just checked the score and timeline after being offline all evening. I suppose we snuck out with a win but we needed to take a TBP win after a red card. That extra point could really matter.

I'd have to question what the atmosphere is like within the squad if we can't put in decent performances against the bottom two teams in the league.

The body language of some of the players was not right. Felt they didn't want to be there for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Blessed to get out with a win. Dragons are one of those teams where they always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but we gave them every opportunity.

Against 13 men it was shambolic and it continued. I think it just highlights again that the Marmion situation is a joke. Even if he is leaving he'd have been the ideal player to bring control to the chaos in a game like that where it wasn't happening for Blade.

Really we needed 5 there especially with Sharks getting a point away to Stormers.

Hopefully we can do the business at home and get in the play offs at least but 7th looks difficult. With these kind of away performances we have zero chance of getting a result going to Glasgow.

• Advertisement

We won't hear about most departing players until the official in/out announcement after the branch concludes other business. The exceptions will be for cases like Marmion where a second club has a press release ready. I presume the lads all have a boilerplate clause in their contracts that prevents them from announcing it themselves.

What I've heard matches up with Birch - Delahunt released and very unhappy about it. Typically he's fairly well informed when he says something publicly.

Advertisement