Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Kind of, but by my calculation my vin of 727XXX would of been built around 8th of Jan. I used production figures below to work it out approximately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LENT23

Also the factory in Shanghai shut between 25 December and 3 January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I assumed the new suspension was on them from October as tweeted by EM.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

It’s already been confirmed first hand that the MY’s and M3 delivered to UK in December have new comfort suspension.

They came from the same factory as ROI teslas.

• Advertisement

I know. I’ve been posting it since October 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

This seems to be for inventory stock (unsold/unallocated new)? WIf so, would strongly indicate that there will be a big Q2 delivery here given the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 renwald0

Might be a daft question, but if you buy a MY that is priced low enough to fit into the SEAI grant category, would you still be eligible? Also is the line at 60k and below? There’s some inventory on there now of MY LR with no added extras (that I saw) but there’s no grants I can see on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Delete

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

The LR in inventory have the upgraded 20” induction wheels, and then when you add on VRT it exceeds the €60k SEAI threshold.

Probably the reason why they’ve been sitting there so long without being picked up.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Nothing a little inventory discount couldn’t sort if they were in a hurry to sell as grant qualifying before June.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

There is huge demand for the MY in ireland, and priced keenly to boot.

look at the base prices from the competitors (some aren’t even in same class but based on price point ). Why would you buy anything else’s

All of these have a lesser spec than the MY base model . Add 8-15k to these prices to bring up to tesla spec.

auto pilot, sunroof, adaptive headlights, heated seats, heated steering wheel, fast charging, Auto tailgate, memory seats, etc…

• Citroen C4 €39,789
    • Hyundai Ioniq 58Kwh €39,995
    • Volkswagen Id 3 Life 58Kwh €40,000
    • Skoda Enyaq €44,369
    • BMW i3 €44,695
    • Kia Niro €44,990
    • Tesla Model 3 €44,990 
    • Volkswagen Id 4 €45,110
    • tesla MY €47,000
    • Audi Q4 Etron €56,780

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Heat Pump is probably the most expensive to add, then there’s the unrivalled efficiency (so cheaper to run), no mandatory servicing and use of the SuC network, not to mention the best App in the business

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

Inventory RWD Y's on French site , I don't know what the grant or support regime is in France but this seems to be an additional cut recently. good availability it seems too.

Still showing a similar price to here on the tesla website (France) when you go to order a new one - 46,990. Grant is similar to ours at 5k as far as I can see. So this is a massive cut again even if only limited to inventory for now.

If Tesla can do this, then there will be little to no price increase if they get rid of the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Hey folks,

Silly question alert.

Picking up my Y on Paddy’s day 🤞. I can charge at home but have changed jobs and will be on the road a bit.

Regarding the Tesla fast chargers- do I need to sign up to use them ? Also is there other model chargers eg the ESB that I need to sign up to ?

Tesla superchargers are basically plug and play. You are charged with the credit card that's registered to your account.

Sign up to ESB E-Cars, and you'll have a card in a week or so. That's probably all that you will need for starters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Cheers

I also have an easy-go rfid fob,which was handy for the free charging at lidl, but since they've started charging 63c per kwh or whatever it is, I don't bother with it anymore.

Plugsurfing is good for some hotel chargers,so you might find that useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cb90ke

It’s a Jan registered 58kWh Executive Plus spec Ioniq 5 in white. Paid €45,095 for it. Dealer offering €39k-€40k for it in May based on Tesla website for deliveries of new orders. The spec is close to the MY as I had considered it at the time but couldn’t justify the c. €9,500 MY premium. At <€2k more I would go with the MY if I had the same decision today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Spec of an Executive Plus (2nd lowest spec in the Ioniq 5 range) is nowhere near the MY spec. The Hyundai equivalent is Platinum.

The question now for you is whether a Tesla MY RWD is worth an extra 6-7k to you in May. Would be a lot of depreciation to soak up in one year as you will have to factor in MY depreciation unless you intend to hold onto it for a long time and it becomes less of an issue.

Can't see anyone wanting to do a swap from a 231 Y as good as the Ioniq 5 is.

Given the increased supply of Ys I can see them becoming even more affordable so you could hold on to your Ioniq 5 for a year and reassess in the Autumn for Q1 2024. Or pick up a one year old Y then and make your cost to change very small.

If you really wanted to move now, you could try multiple dealers to see if you can get a better price but you will be taking a fairly substantial loss as they will need to make a decent profit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Card not needed foe ESB E-Cars, can use their app on your phone instead once you’re registered online and have a credit card assigned to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cb90ke

It’s a Jan registered 58kWh Executive Plus spec Ioniq 5 in white. Paid €45,095 for it. Dealer offering €39k-€40k for it in May based on Tesla website for deliveries of new orders. The spec is close to the MY as I had considered it at the time but couldn’t justify the c. €9,500 MY premium. At <€2k more I would go with the MY if I had the same decision today.

I think at even that cost to change it’s too much for me. Not like the Ioniq 5 is a bad car either.

Yeah, would hold tough for now and reassess in the Autumn.

I take it that it is no hardship driving the Ioniq 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flingo2023

Anyone know whether you have to let a certain time period elapse between SEAI grants? If I was to buy an electric car in March including the grant would it impact whether I’d get the grant again if I traded that for a new model Y in May?

Nope, you can buy one today and another tomorrow.

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

You can pay directly on the website without an account as well but an RFID card is recommended. Think of lashing rain 9pm in December. You don't want to fiddle with apps and find there is no coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Account has changed to say time to pay before collection on the 25th. When is the last day to pay do you know?

• Advertisement

If taking the car, just pay as soon as. There’s no benefit to waiting.

Advertisement