Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The tosser who started this thread, and has made no further contribution. They are laughing at the fools including myself who made more than 600 replies. But it got some really serious stuff off people's chests, especially the one about the pronunciation of Chorizo.

Post edited by dxhound2005 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭pgj2015

My fog lights provide more light but I only use them when its foggy or when im on back roads I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yoshimi79

Never understood that either. Like how the hell do fog lights blind you? I think it's just Irish people loving to moan.

And using the word bellend? Now that's a tosser!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

"Patriots" objecting to refugees by blocking the roads of people trying to get home from work! The people whos taxes pay for it all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

People who think it’s ok to say whatever you want to anybody but after it say “ I’m just direct and honest , say it as it is , that’s just me , take it or leave it”

No you’re just a rude prick and that’s not an excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I’m noticing more bright white lights on cars, I flashed one the other night thinking they had forgot to dip. But he flashed the full beam then to show he was dipped. Are they fog lights or LED lights? I haven’t a clue.

Id say they are just the really bright lights, they should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

See, usual response of "no they don't". Ignore the fact it's illegal. Just because it doesn't blind you, doesn't mean it doesn't blind other people. They're perfectly ok, in fact designed for use in fog, and if there are no other cars around go for gold. But they should be turned off for oncoming traffic. Simple law. Easy thing. Like indicating, using lanes correctly and not hogging the overtaking lane on a motorway. All simple things that people refuse to do but claim to still be great drivers. Selfish is what it is. But expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

LEDs, they're probably visible from space.

It's a nightmare if a SUV is driving towards you at night as they hit you at eye level, or behind you as they reflect in the rear view mirror.

• Advertisement

• My relatively humble but excellent-to-own Toyota CH-R is a nightmare to other road users with its ultra bright LED lights

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 19,530 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thirty something fathers in shorts bringing their children shopping on Sundays and talking to them loudly like adults.

”Now Tarquin, let’s find the organic section and get Mummy’s favourite cheeses”

Nailed on Tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

People that swirl the wine in their glass and smell it before tasting it

You'd hate most of continental europe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Graham Carey

First it was 5g towers, then covid now immigration

The lads just a grade A you know what,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Farmers who drive tractors in the middle of a fifty acre field with a big beacon flashing

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Anyone that keeps posting in a thread about tossers that should have died off ages ago.

Oh wait . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Actually, now that I think about it, everyone is a tosser to me, but I prefer the C word. Up to them to prove they're not. Most don't and confirm my belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

The absolute tosser who has an led light that could be seen from space on from 10 pm to 5 am every single night shining into my bedroom. Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

The shkum that keep flying his/her/their drone/drones near the airport. Utter tossers.

People that film other people getting beatings and aren’t involved with either party but just stand there doing nothing , ready to share it on social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Lads who think they are smart making a crap “joke” but end up having to explain what they meant repeatedly.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Drivers who drive up your arse on the road, its a 100 km zone and im doing that speed, if its not good enough for you then pass me out, flashing your lights and tailgating me isn't going to make me move in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tiredandcranky

Langers with loud exhausts. You have no god given right to disturb everyone else's peace and quiet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Middle aged woman who thinks it is appropriate to beep at a 6 year old on her bike and shout out the window of her car.

Apparently bicycles shouldn't be on the road 🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Rugger types

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I hear ya,fine it myself and got blinded,some obviously are illegal, others are legal but too high etc

Changed car lately and Hod almighty my zenons ate seriously bright, passed NCT so obviously legal but to me they're unreal.

Last 3 cars were the complete opposite,and as I drive mostly rural the new babies are fab

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ThePentagon

To be frank, I wouldn't have a six year old cycling on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,157 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You're the type that would do that in the outside lane of a two or three lane carriageway though, aren't you?

• Advertisement

No opinion on the woman shouting out her window then???? 🤣🤣

She has to learn sometime. Traffic moves slowly there and it is a short section of road where there is no footpath so no other option on that particular stretch.

Advertisement