Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW26 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Anyone considering getting rid of Haaland for a few weeks? Currently have Haaland Kane Watkins up front. I want to get Toney in who has 5 fixtures in next 3 Gameweeks. Watkins and Kane have 3, Haaland has 2. Or is it madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I know the feeling, I remember a few years ago, Aaron Ramsey was tearing up FF, and then he stopped and while others were getting rid, I kept him, just in case he exploded again.

I can't get rid of Haaland, because he could explode again. My main rival captains him every week, which I'm not doing anymore, but his form is definitely gone off the boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Pretty bad week this week. Wildcarded, ended up with 35 with Rashford to play.

Have no interest in seeing what my non wildcard team would have scored, but it would have been far higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

39 on WC with Mitoma on bench and MacAllister at least in team for his 14 points. Just couldn't start both over Arsenal double, Rashford, Kane, Toney and Haaland so nothing I could have done like many others.

Rashford, Mee and Toney to go. Green arrow finally as of now into 600k rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

20 points from 7 on my wildcard ... yes twenty entire points. Brentford x3 + Rashford to play.

I would be on 29 with Salah/Rashers/Shaw to play if I had made no transfers (assuming Id have captained Haaland).

25 points and counting on my bench. Playing Madisson over Mitoma was a disaster.

HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Looking at the MOTD highlights and I don't know how March didn't return. He played great. Brighton triple up looking good for those who WC'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Forest XI: Navas, Aurier, Worrall, Felipe, Lodi, Freuler, Shelvey, Colback, Johnson, Gibbs-White, Wood.

Everton XI: Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Iwobi, Onana, Gueye, Doucoure, McNeil, Gray.

I got rid for a few weeks. Fully expect it to backfire, but the game is suddenly exciting again.😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

A mini league with "no Haaland" would have been interesting. The "Permo Capt Haaland" (you couldn't have afforded to risk not to most weeks) has made it a bit dull this year for me.

Same. Hopefully he's priced appropriately next season. Or do away with captain altogether.

Pen to Everton, converted by Gray. McNeil with the assist.

Forest equalise - Johnson (MGW).

• Advertisement

Everton retake the lead - Doucouré (Keane).

Yellows for McNeil and Gibbs-White.

And now for Gray, Lodi, and Tarkowski.

Feisty affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Another zero pointer for Tark....what a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

2-2 Brennan Johnson again (Yates).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There has been some good weeks to back against Haaland recently. The Rashford haul a few GWs ago for example. Even this GW was a good week to back against him, and A couple of the next few GWs will be too . I'm not a believer in the perma-captain myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's easy to say that after the fact though - If Salah gets a double digit score today - would you say that people should have captained him over Arsenal players? Haaland is still one of the few players who can score hatrick for fun, this season there have been 8 hatrick, 5 of them are for city and 4 for Haaland, for as good as Arsenal players they don't have the same level of attacking power even when they click.

Given Salah's record vs Man Utd, and bjg games in general, possibly.

Gakpo (Robertson)

• Advertisement

The man everyone sold this week!

Nunez goal (Elliot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Of course he scores this week

Gakpo (Salah)

Non WC team with TAA, Nunez and Salah is scoring now...... Ah bollox!

Non WCer's surely well ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭mindhorn

Got rid of Gakpo for Mitoma. Still, plan was to set myself up for GW27.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

SALAH WaLLOP!

Might be Nunez Assist? Was Salah his intended target?

Non WC teams in dreamland with Salah.

Nunez (Henderson)

Salah gets a 2nd! Wow! Fair **** to anyone who held him on a WC or didn't WC. 21 points incoming for him

Salah (Elliot)

It briefly crossed my mind to captain Salah this week but Liverpool have been utterly turgid recently

• Advertisement

Bobby with a 7th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Firmino 7 wow

Looking like a 21 pointer for Salah...he got booked for taking his jersey off I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just the 33 points from my 2 Liverpool players 😀

TAA, Nunez and Salah get 39 points between them and match my overall team score......

Non WC here.

Sold Gakpo, benched Mitoma and still got a healthy green arrow up to around 150k with 52(-4).

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Held onto Salah after the double last week, thrilled with that after having Mitoma stuck on the bench.

Salah was actually in good form before this game.

If I owned him, I might have captained him maybe. As I captained Martinelli.

Salah's big game record is brilliant.

• Advertisement

Cracking stuff.

I'm now back it a grey arrow back to 750k after that today.

At least I had a green arrow for 24 hours!

Brentford tomorrow night to try turn it green again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just turned on Livescore to check the results. It must be broken, it says Liverpool won 7-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've had a good week as a non-WC player.

I know you're not bemoaning luck yourself, so this is not at you, but I see a lot of people in groups and online complaining that people got lucky with Liverpool assets.

Well yes, the manner of it has been lucky this GW - as in the sheer size of the score, but it was no bad thing to hold Liverpool players for another week ahead of the Brighton/Brentford DGW. Salah loves Utd. Nunez will explode in points at any given time - we all know this if we watch him. And anything can happen in a derby anyway.

The luck is no different to the giant swings that happen all season. Some you win, some you lose. The same people bemoaning the luck of those keeping Liverpool assets are the same ones who probably happily took Mitoma's 13 points from one real chance near goal.

Keeping Liverpool to wildcard for the coming week was a perfectly logical play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nunez had one double point gameweek this season, where are you getting this 'will explode in points at any given time' from? He's averaged 2 ppg over Liverpool's last eight games.

I've no problem with somebody holding on to Salah who has shown good form of late, even Gakpo has been pretty consistent but not Nunez, there's no good excuse to have him.

I'd Nunez for the DGW. He gets in better positions more often than anyone not named Haaland. I would not trust him long term yet, but he will be a monster at some point. Keeping him for this game was perfectly logical.

FML ... Salah outscored my entire team so far 🫠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

Gakpo, Salah and Nunez out on wildcard.

Anyone want tips for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I can take Salah hauling. But for the guy in my money who captained him, I’m raging he was rewarded for that. So frustrating. He’s also winning my money league!

This I actually agree with.

While I'll argue all day that keeping Liverpool assets was perfectly reasonable, captaining one when Arsenal had a plum fixture and Haaland was at home is simply a punt that's inexplicably worked. I'd be infuriated too.

• Advertisement

Going into next GW - would you captain Salah v Bournmouth?

Advertisement