Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I was watching this earlier, said to myself, go watch something else as McIlroy is out of it, and he was. He wasn't making any moves, the last shot I watched was Kitayama making a monster putt to go to -11, while McIlroy was back on -5 I think, doing nothing.

But now I check the scoreboard, enough talk, must go watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Solo lead now out of nowhere

Kitayama must have had a mini disaster, and Spieth dropped a shot or two. I think Hatton must have done the same too. As soon I put it on, McIlroy pulls his tee shot into the bunker on the par 3 14th.

Bogey for McIlroy to drop back to a 4 way tie for the lead on -8.

Kitayama went OB on 9, Hatton has just started bogeying now, same as Spieth on 15.

• Advertisement

Why did I put this back on? I just bring bad luck. McIlroy's in trouble again on the next. Off the tee, into a tree, going out of bounds otherwise, lands in deep rough, goes from there into more deep rough. A better shot on the 3rd shot but he's on the edge of the green and likely to make another bogey here.

Rory's grazed par putts on the last 2 holes, but both missed.

Just put back on the Liverpool highlights there, plenty to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Spieth has threw this away I think

Spieth must be spitting feathers. What's it, 3 bogeys in the last 4 holes. Kitayama is back in the lead, despite only making pars in the last 5 holes since his implosion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Okay with God knows how many players on 7 under, what happens if it finishes with all -7?

Do they all go out together on a 1 hole playoff? or in groups of 4?

Quiz Questions:- What's the most players tied for a tournament in the PGS's history?

BTQ - I know someone will probably beat the -7 yet.

Edit: and now we have 3 on -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Feel like Rory missed his chance by not making that birdie

Rory should have made that birdie putt on the last. Great opportunity missed, and probably will cost him a play-off as others have yet to finish.

Scheffler so lucky, could have been in the water on the last.

Terrible bogey from Scottie... like, awful

Meh. Rory messed up, but so did so many other players. They should take turns kicking themselves.

Once again a gritty tough scoring tournament is far more entertaining than an absolute birdie fest. Who would've thought that after Rahm opened with a -7 that the winning score would only be -2 better and he'd have been 10 shots off the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Fair play to Kitayama

A proper journey man from various tours. To win a big PGA event like this is a massive achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 38,526 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, delighted for Kurt. I followed him a few times on the European tour. He was always very nice to everybody. His game back then was a little wild, he'd look awesome on one hole and a complete disaster on the next.

He has so much talent and he now has a huge win. He could kick on from here and get very high in the world rankings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Should they rename the Players? Is this the first time that certain players cannot qualify through their play?

Just switched in live from the Players. First good innovation I've seen in a while - following a player (Webb Simpson) through his practice round, very interesting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Why would the PGA tour change the name of their flagship event because some players left that tour? All PGA tour players can qualify for this event, not sure why you would expect the tour to accommodate non-affiliated players.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,526 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Please stop bringing up those people who love money more than the rights of people. They deserve nothing but bad mojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

McIlroy double bogeyed 10th ..his 1st but bounces back with a birdie on par 5 11.

Course looks immaculate with no wind for the early starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭hold my beer

An early Ace on 17 for Buckley

Another bogey from Rory on par 4 15th.

V sloppy opening 6 holes.

McGinley on comms is such a bluffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is rory gone back to this old thing of having a poor first round to start and then having to scramble his way back over the last 3 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Rory just isn't playing very well at the moment. Even when he won in Dubai and I don't know how he came second last week. Things haven't clicked yet but hopefully soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Like, did he not watch Rahms putt on the 1st coming down the slope and the way it curved away. He just aims his put right half when he needed to aim left lip.

• Advertisement

Rory +4 now through 12 holes.

Course playing easy enough with little or no breeze.

Advertisement